N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#976)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-30-2018, 03:08 PM

Yes it actually used to be there and I removed it, to avoid confusion. Had a customer keep leaning his car out thinking it was fine since EGT said it was.

The boost gauge where it comes in useful is if you see it going to 100% you know boost is right against the boost safety you've entered, or if it never goes up you know right away there is a blown off chargepipe or some other issue going on. Like any gauge it's just there to do a quick check if you need.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#977)
Old

Car: F10 M5
Default 03-30-2018, 03:11 PM

Lol yea thats not a good situation with the egr. I did wonder how it worked as i didnt know it was a percentage of target and thought it was actual psi/bar. Now i know that itll be more handy for sure.

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#978)
Old

Default Drivetrain Malfunction - 04-01-2018, 09:14 PM

So anytime that I hit the throttle from 60 I get these four real fast pops out of the exhaust and then I get drivetrain malfunction and then the car goes into limp mode. If I just turn the car off and on it then clears it and the car starts riding like normal again. I’ve read the code and it’s a misfire on five, but I changed the spark plugs two weeks ago.
Could someone please help me with this?
(#979)
Old

Default 04-02-2018, 12:39 AM

Sossa your best bet of help is creating a post in the bms support, help me section and if possible include a log whilstthe car is doing it as it may show.

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#980)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2018, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sossa215
So anytime that I hit the throttle from 60 I get these four real fast pops out of the exhaust and then I get drivetrain malfunction and then the car goes into limp mode. If I just turn the car off and on it then clears it and the car starts riding like normal again. I’ve read the code and it’s a misfire on five, but I changed the spark plugs two weeks ago.
Could someone please help me with this?
First step will be to read the fault codes on the settings page.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#981)
Old

Default 3rd Gear Pulls - 05-27-2018, 01:16 PM

I finally managed to do two 3rd gear pulls, let me know what you think.
Attached Images

(#982)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2018, 09:29 PM

Just the CSV files, no need for photos.

Burger Motorsports

(#983)
Old

Default 05-28-2018, 02:36 AM

Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just the CSV files, no need for photos.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-05-27 14_04_43 3rd Gear pull.csv (11.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: csv 2018-05-27 14_05_48 3rd Gear Pull.csv (14.9 KB, 25 views)
(#984)
Old

Car: 335i f30 2012
Smile 05-29-2018, 02:30 AM

nice to see some activity..my JB4 setting and log - i am still running with 1st Firmware 7/15//5.. . happy ..good work..
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-02-23_13_24_48_(ISOF30)[1].csv (14.1 KB, 33 views)
(#985)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-29-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabujan
nice to see some activity..my JB4 setting and log - i am still running with 1st Firmware 7/15//5.. . happy ..good work..
Update your firmware and follow the guide here

www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31292

Burger Motorsports

(#986)
Old

Default 05-30-2018, 01:03 AM

thanks ... i had issues ...so went back to 7/15//5..
(#987)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-30-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
thanks ... i had issues ...so went back to 7/15//5..
What issues did you have? Did you upload the correct firmware for your board?

Burger Motorsports

(#988)
Old

Default 06-07-2018, 05:35 AM

various minor error codes - and with 7/15//5 no issues - its a beast with good low end torque for town driving....... any logging after installing JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8.hex ?
thank you
(#989)
Old

Car: 2010 X5M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange
Default 06-07-2018, 08:42 PM

Random question but why does my 6-cyl injector timing changes itself from 0 to 8 on it's own? Does it matter? It seems setting it back to 0 feels better but maybe it's just placebo.

'10 BMW X5///M - Alpine White on Sakhir Orange - HCP Stage 2/JB4, NGK 97506 @ .20, SS intake w/ BMC filters, gutted cats, muffler delete & Vibrant 1794's, AC Forged 312 22's, H&R 2"
'08 BMW 535xiT - MHD 1+, BMS DCI, RB/Mishimoto, VRSF 7"
'98 BMW 740iL - ///E39 M5 6spd swap, fully built engine (sleeved, P&P, cams), 3.46 LSD, H&R Stage 2/Bilstein HD, Magnaflow 14816's
'97 BMW 328ci - ///E36 M3 clutch, L/W flywheel, 3.23LSD, Z4///M staggered 18's
(#990)
Old

Default 06-09-2018, 04:17 AM

JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8 initial log
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-06-09 14_11_08 (ISOF30).csv (10.6 KB, 24 views)
(#991)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-09-2018, 08:43 AM

Looks pretty normal to me here for map2.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#992)
Old

Default 06-10-2018, 03:55 PM

Didnt think this was worthy of a new post but was wondering if the jb4 shows afr or calculated afr from lamba? I been reading recently on how different fuels have different stoichiometric values but lamba values stay similar. as the saying goes a little knowledge can be dangerous and i find myself in that position alot lol

F10 M5 SAKHIR ORANGE
(#993)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-10-2018, 06:19 PM

AFR shown in logs is actual AFR regardless of fuel used. There is no conversion to be done for E85 mixtures.

Burger Motorsports

(#994)
Old

Default code 180101 - 06-15-2018, 12:33 PM

Hello Terry

after loading firmware JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8.hex – there has been error code -180101 - I have been experiencing this every time I load V1_1_7 firmware and now gone back to M5_OBDII_1_5 .. absolutely no issues ….

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47748

in above link, some discussions has been noticed about country USA etc .. my VIN is of US – car is manufactured in USA then imported to UAE by dealer…is there any way you can modify V1_1_17 T8 to avoid Error code 180101? - and send it direct to me ...I live outside US and we do not have strict emissions control issues like in US .

Log with JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8.hex its already there in my earlier post

CAR- BMW X5m 2015 F85
** 89 mm
100 CEL sport Cats
Dinan air intake – filter
JB4 with BCM
Thank you in advance
(#995)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james
Can you move them to an S63 thread and answer the question there?
I'll delete them here, you can ask in the S63 thread. Although as you know it's not a platform we actively support. I don't recall what we tied to those fields so I'd have to check myself.

Burger Motorsports

(#996)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-15-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Hello Terry

after loading firmware JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8.hex – there has been error code -180101 - I have been experiencing this every time I load V1_1_7 firmware and now gone back to M5_OBDII_1_5 .. absolutely no issues ….

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47748

in above link, some discussions has been noticed about country USA etc .. my VIN is of US – car is manufactured in USA then imported to UAE by dealer…is there any way you can modify V1_1_17 T8 to avoid Error code 180101? - and send it direct to me ...I live outside US and we do not have strict emissions control issues like in US .

Log with JB4_S63TU_V1_1_7_T8.hex its already there in my earlier post

CAR- BMW X5m 2015 F85
** 89 mm
100 CEL sport Cats
Dinan air intake – filter
JB4 with BCM
Thank you in advance
0x180101 Catalyst 2: Efficiency below limit value

Code is from modifying emissions equipment. If outside USA, passive delete on WMI page can be used. Or ignore fault it won't harm anything.

Burger Motorsports

(#997)
Old

Car: X5M
Default Neeeeeed Help! 2017 X5M F85 - 07-23-2018, 04:27 PM

I recently bought the JB4 off of a friend and had it installed at his shop. once i got the car home i started playing around with the laptop and firmware. at the moment i am getting firmware error and unable to load the S63TU firmware.

my car currently shows a drivetrain issue and says not to turn on the car from the jb4 app. please helpppppp
(#998)
Old

Car: F10 M5 CP
Default 07-28-2018, 09:58 PM

Hi Terry, in your default settings, ‘Default Wastegate Position’ is set to 0. May I ask if that value is set to wastegate being opened or closed when cruising/part throttle? What value should I input if I want it to be closed most of the time? Thanks.
(#999)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-29-2018, 11:44 AM

It's not used on the platform yet so leave it at 0.

Burger Motorsports

(#1000)
Old

Car: M5 F10 and M3 CSL
Default 07-31-2018, 12:11 AM

Hello

I have the JB4, with burger chargepipes and watermethanol kit.
My question is whether it is better to run 100% methanol or the 50-50 methanol and water mix.

Thanks