JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Stinger GT2
Default Stinger GT2 Missing - 05-23-2022, 07:23 AM

I have a 2020 Stinger GT2. JB4, intakes, catback. Ive been running map2-3 since last year and all has been well. the other day it started missing as i tried to get on it. 1/4 throttle its fine. sounds ok, doesnt shake doesnt miss. I tried to push through it a little, not hard. Ended up with P303 code.

Changed all plugs #3 was missing its electrode and had a huge gap. #6 was a little gunky

Denso Plugs gapped to .022
Map 0

Still doing the exact same thing. I ran as much gas out of it as i could and filled with 93. after the fill it started missing a bit at idle which it wasnt before. Tried resetting the battery for 30 min before work this morning. it seemed better but when i pulled up it was still doing a little miss at idle and im a bit scared to get on it again and see whats up.

Sorry for all the words. any suggestions? someone to tell me my car isnt full broke maybe? lol thanks in advance!

2020 AWDGT2, JB4, BMS Intakes, ARK Secondary DP, MBRP Exhaust, BMS Catch Can
(#2)
Old

Car: 2021 Kia Stinger GT2
Default 05-23-2022, 08:46 AM

It's hard to tell anything without a log.

P0303 is a misfire code which was most likely caused by your plugs. You could also possibly have a coil pack issue. You could swap around the coil pack with another cylinder to see if the problem follows the coil pack.
(#3)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 08:59 AM

hey!

it doesnt throw a code unless i keep on the gas after it starts missing. thats how i got the p303. at that point it was shaking bad and barely moved. after i changed all the plugs i have not got it to that point again.

I can definitely get a log on my way home, would it be enough just to capture the misses quick and then let off? obviously id like to make it home lol

Another thing to note is in Park, it seems completely fine if i rev it

(#4)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 09:07 AM

If you're afraid that it's going to do it again and strand you, then maybe it's time to take it to your preferred dealer or mechanic so they can diagnose it.

I can tell you that a plug or coil related issue will make itself most apparent when you put more pressure into the cylinders.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 09:19 AM

If i keep on it when it starts missing then it seems as if it would end up as before.

Im sure i can make it miss a few times while im out and that would be fine, if that would tell anyone anything then thats easy enough.

I very much appreciate your replies, thank you!

(#6)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 02:39 PM

i know its not much of a log...but towards the end it was missing...thats all i can give it before it starts
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M0_R3_220523_1624.csv (34.6 KB, 3 views)

(#7)
Old

Default 05-23-2022, 02:47 PM

I'll let someone else chime in as I'm no expert, but it's hard to tell anything about it when you're not going full throttle.

I would go back and double check the plugs and coils. Make sure the plugs are gapped correctly and the coil packs are seated. I would also check the connectors on the coils to make sure those are plugged in correctly. There is also the potential to crack a plug during install.

There's a lot of variables here but it still goes back to your plugs being bad and possibly a coil pack based on what you found initially.