JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default LPFP stage 2 fueling enters beta testing - 04-15-2014, 05:54 PM

Hey all,

I'm pretty excited to share with you that I am now entering the beta testing phase of my Stage 2 LPFP fueling solutions for the 135 and 335 E series cars.

With all the exciting things happening with this platform I have been working on providing fueling solutions to meet the demands of current and future applications.

Here is a bit of a teaser, more pictures will be up soon along with bench testing results. I will then have one of these in my car this week.

Name:  stage 2 fitting.jpg
Views: 2614
Size:  95.2 KB

A couple highlights for stage 2

1. 100% PNP
2. E85 certified
3. Enables me to meet the initial requirements of stage 3 and stage 4

Stage 3 is through the initial design phase and will be entering the prototype phase in the next couple weeks.

Here are a few answers to a some of the questions I'm expecting I'll get.

What is stage 1?

Stage 1 is my inline 255 kit. This will meet people's needs with an otherwise stock fuel system and is the least expensive solution. This solution produces approx. 50% more flow than the stock LPFP alone.

What is stage 2?

Stage 2 is a 100% PNP drop in solution that is designed to meet the needs of those wanting an E85 certified LPFP assembly, are running supplementary fueling, and meet future needs when an HPFP solution becomes available. This solution replaces the stock assembly and produces approx 100% more flow than the stock LPFP. This assembly will be fairly limited production for a little while and will require an exchange of your current stock LPFP assembly or the purchase of a new stock LPFP for exchange.

What is stage 3?

Stage 3 is designed for those that really need a lot of fuel. More details will be coming as the need arises and some of the current stuff under development becomes available.

What is stage 4?

Stage 4 is a crazy amount of fueling capability and frankly thus far only 1 person has inquired about such a solution.

Hope you all enjoy.

Steve

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2014, 11:53 AM

Not a great pic...but here it is installed in my beta unit with the Walbro 450 pump

As previously stated...100% plug and play, functioning as stock, and E85 certified.

Name:  450 install.jpg
Views: 1653
Size:  64.1 KB

and another...
Name:  450 install 2.jpg
Views: 1777
Size:  72.5 KB

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2008 E92
Default 04-16-2014, 11:59 AM

My dream would be for me to make 750+rwhp on 93 pump. I would guess option 3 would be my best bet to start me in that direction?

2008 Sparking Graphite 335i 6MT Coupe - JB4/FFTEC
2007 Montego Blue 335i 6AT Sedan
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2014, 12:04 PM

Stage 2 can be upgraded to stage 3 by the end user when the time comes

(#5)
Old

Car: F02/E82
Default 04-16-2014, 12:14 PM

Oh boy, I'm liking that Stage 2 Steve
What's the cost on that ?
(#6)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-16-2014, 12:38 PM

that's pretty slick, where do I sign up?
(#7)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2014, 02:08 PM

Stage 2 is going to be pretty reasonable but will have a $250 core charge. I don't have an exact cost on the units yet because my initial order from the machine shop was for 3 beta units. They will be getting back to me soon on pricing for larger quantities.

However, that said...the availability of these is going to be largely dependent on you all until I can find/build a supply of OEM buckets at a reasonable cost. I'm talking with vendors and trying to get things worked out for pricing and availability.

Due to the limited availability initially...I will be excepting orders and placing them on a waiting list...but I'll announce when that'll be starting at a later time.

All that said...for those that are on stock turbos with an option 1 kit and a healthy stock LPFP...there is no need to upgrade to Stage 2.

I'll announce more about core charges and different options later.

Thanks

(#8)
Old

Car: E60 535i
Default 04-16-2014, 07:16 PM

great job sir

assuming the 535 will not work?

2008 535i AT

(Pure Stage 2 + Dr. Euro D/P + VRSF Inlets/Outlets + ER FMIC + ER Charge Pipe + Tial BOV + BMS Filters + Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP + Full catback + MHD Flash + KW V1) - (Cobb V2 + V3 sitting in a box) = Broke
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-16-2014, 08:13 PM

Honestly speaking Steve, my HPFP is taking a dump more than the inline 255 with my single.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#10)
Old

Default 04-16-2014, 08:46 PM

Nice work Steve. Once Beta's are over sign me up for a stage 2. I'll just use my current top had as it's different and get the whole bucket assembly from you.

135i - JB4 15ohm l Mr 5 Intake l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l BMS Methanol Injection l Berk Tech Mids l Berk Tech Axleback l BMS OCC l ER CP l Turbosmart BOV's. SOLD

335i DCT - JB4 G5 ISO l AA C@tless ********* l ETS Intercooler l Custom Intake l Meth l BMS E85 Flash l BMS OCC l ER CP l Walbro 255 l Turbosmart BOV's. CURRENT
(#11)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i coupe
Default 04-16-2014, 09:00 PM

Very nice
(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-16-2014, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGti69
Honestly speaking Steve, my HPFP is taking a dump more than the inline 255 with my single.
You didn't read the thread I totally agree...

I'll reiterate....

Stage 2 serves the following purposes:

1. For those that have a bad stock LPFP and want to upgrade
2. For those running supplementary fueling
3. For those want an E85 certified pump...don't confuse that with being able to run 100% E85
4. Is a prerequisite for stage 3

So as I said...some of this is looking forward and based on some of the questions/requests I'm getting from people trying to provide solutions for you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dog
Nice work Steve. Once Beta's are over sign me up for a stage 2. I'll just use my current top had as it's different and get the whole bucket assembly from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNeef
great job sir

assuming the 535 will not work?
No...this will not work for the 5 series....Skysurfer has offered to send me an assembly to look over...but there hasn't seemed to be that much demand...so for the time being...it's on hold.

Sorry....

As for an update on stage 2, I have bench tested this and am not totally happy with the flow characteristics of the fitting and feel it could be more optimal, so I am headed back to the machine shop to make a little adjustment

(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-17-2014, 12:35 AM

Was just wondering exactly. I guess you have something in mind for the hpfp with the Stage 3-4?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2014, 01:11 AM

Stage 3 and stage 4 are for stuff that is currently be worked on by others.

As you know, Tony is working on the HPFP.

A couple others are working on port injection.

And of course I use CP injection.

So while at this time the HPFP is still a restriction...there is definitely stuff being worked on to either fix that issue or circumvent it.

(#15)
Old

Default 04-17-2014, 01:27 AM

I myself am curious about port injection. I know the ft86 has both port and direct injection. I think the n54 would definatly benifit from it. Also help prevent carbon build up.
(#16)
Old

Default 04-17-2014, 01:28 AM

Will you be exporting the stage 2 by any chance?

fuel injection is cool, but i'd rather be blown!
537.75HP 540.63TQ
(#17)
Old

Car: 335i e92
Default 04-17-2014, 03:33 AM

I see you mention E85 a lot, will this fulfill the needs for those running pumpgas ??
(#18)
Old

Default 04-17-2014, 04:09 AM

Most definitely, you need more fuel when running e85. So for pump gas this will be more than adequate.
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2014, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmsportzn135i
Will you be exporting the stage 2 by any chance?
Yes, but of course your shipping to return your stock pump will be higher or of course you'll have the option of just forfeiting your core charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfelunden
I see you mention E85 a lot, will this fulfill the needs for those running pumpgas ??
As mentioned, yes...with pump gas you'll have even more headroom...but frankly unless you're doing port injection or something of that sort, the 255 inline upgrade kit should be more than sufficient for your needs provided your stock LPFP is healthy.

(#20)
Old

Default 04-17-2014, 10:21 AM

This sounds awesome! My lpfp is slowly getting worse and worse so hopefully I'll have more time on my hands to install the stage 2 kit when it comes out!

19T Turbos~3.5 Bar Tmap~S55 Eldor Coils~VRSF Relocated Inlets~VRSF Outlets~VTT Cast Valve Cover~VTT Dual CC~XClutch Twin Disk~BMS Short Shifter~VRSF Race Intercooler w/ HKS Racing SQV~3"AR DP's~3" Custom exhaust~Fuel-It Stage 2.5 Bucket~Turner Motorsport Billet Engine and Trans Mounts~JB4~DocVu Tuned
(#21)
Old

Car: 08 E90 335
Default 04-17-2014, 11:05 AM

Is the first teaser pic just an adapter for your new drop in pump so the venturi's still work? Awesome work Steve!
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2014, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkchopExpress
Is the first teaser pic just an adapter for your new drop in pump so the venturi's still work? Awesome work Steve!
Thanks and yes, the teaser pic is an adapter I designed, had made, and I'm in the process of optimizing.

So that said...

I made a change today that has increased flows and the venturi is flowing very well. This is important for stage 3 because I don't want the bucket getting drained during heavy usage but obviously want as much of the fuel going to the engine as possible.

I'm looking to optimize it just a little more so I will be headed back to the machine shop tomorrow. Will post videos of the flow testing after that.

Then it's getting installed in my car

As of now the specs when hooked up to my test bench are:

Input: 13.5V
Current draw: 21 amps
Flow .95gpm (Stock is .6)

The good news is...the flows are very similar whether the stock 90 degree connector is used or a straight connector is used. So that's good for installation purposes as the reality is, with the current limitations of the HPFP we are far exceeding it's capability.

(#23)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-17-2014, 10:14 PM

Here's the video for this pump assembly in action. Still going to make a couple minor tweaks to the design but now that I have tested the F-series bucket with the same pump and gotten virtually the exact same results (both running venturi's) I'm pretty confident that I have about maximized the flow potential.

(#24)
Old

Default 04-18-2014, 04:51 AM

Very nice.
(#25)
Old
Band

Default 04-18-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ
Stage 3 and stage 4 are for stuff that is currently be worked on by others.

As you know, Tony is working on the HPFP.

A couple others are working on port injection.

And of course I use CP injection.

So while at this time the HPFP is still a restriction...there is definitely stuff being worked on to either fix that issue or circumvent it.
Steve,
My car is in Miami rebuilding the engine and throwing on a single turbo from FFtec, 5862. Would you recommend the Stage 3 for this? Terry is boost levels for that kit were limited by fuel delivery. Not sure of the limit if the fuel delivery could keep up.
Would this kit go as far as larger injectors or are the stock up to the task?

Vae Victis!

If you are not going Juice Box then you are going slow.