JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#26)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
There is no process for that. You'd just manually reenter the default settings which includes default learned values.
Thanks. Just so I can be sure I understand correctly, can you verify that this would be the correct procedure for updating/resetting a used JB4 G5 ISO?
  1. Physically install used JB4 in vehicle and start ignition.
  2. Install latest interface on laptop.
  3. Connect JB4 and enter settings to match stickied thread.
  4. Upload latest firmware (ISO 28).
  5. Verify settings still match stickied thread settings.
  6. Disconnect and enjoy a fully reset and updated JB4?

Thanks!
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-06-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwells
Thanks. Just so I can be sure I understand correctly, can you verify that this would be the correct procedure for updating/resetting a used JB4 G5 ISO?
  1. Physically install used JB4 in vehicle and start ignition.
  2. Install latest interface on laptop.
  3. Connect JB4 and enter settings to match stickied thread.
  4. Upload latest firmware (ISO 28).
  5. Verify settings still match stickied thread settings.
  6. Disconnect and enjoy a fully reset and updated JB4?

Thanks!
Many settings can only be reset via the wheel controls, not all boards are G5 or ready to accept ISO firmware, etc. But sounds like a good starting point. Also keep in mind we don't provide direct support or warranty for used tunes so you'll be mostly on your own. But you can still use the support forum to search, ask questions, etc.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: E92 335i
Default 08-07-2014, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Many settings can only be reset via the wheel controls, not all boards are G5 or ready to accept ISO firmware, etc. But sounds like a good starting point. Also keep in mind we don't provide direct support or warranty for used tunes so you'll be mostly on your own. But you can still use the support forum to search, ask questions, etc.
I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up. I wound up ordering a new one last evening.
(#29)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-07-2014, 08:28 AM

Good move.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#30)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 08-08-2014, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsm87
Sounds like the process needs better documentation/warnings so that user error is a lot less likely to occur. I just really don't feel that removing the reset defaults just because some people unintentionally did so is the right move.

can you please PM me the most recent interface software installer that did have this feature?

Cheers
The amount of time you spent complaining about this you could have reset everything under user settings and through the steering wheel controls quite a few times. you bought it used to save some money so now take a couple mins and reset everything manually. As Arnold said, Stop whining!

2009 135i - Berk Tech. Race Axleback - Injen Short Ram Intake - BMS JB4 G5 ISO - CXRacing FMIC - ER Chargpipe - BMS Straight Down Pipes - Walboro Inline Fuel Pump - Spec Stage 2+ Clutch - Spec SMFW - BMS Dual Meth Kit - BMS Backend Flash
(#31)
Old

Car: bmw 535i
Default 07-15-2018, 04:53 PM

its a shame i think they removed...
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-15-2018, 04:54 PM

Caused more problem than it solved since default settings change by firmware version, but some people don't update their interface for years at a time. So they were often out of date.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-16-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Caused more problem than it solved since default settings change by firmware version, but some people don't update their interface for years at a time. So they were often out of date.
We can't implement the default settings by having them load up their firmware first? I know I was speaking to you about this before too.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#34)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 11-30-2018, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac @ BMS/DMD
This really isn't that big of a deal. Just go to the appropriate sticky thread for your engine type, look at the default values, set them in the app and save. Done. The only thing lost from this is the automation, not the functionality.
Just looked at the n54 sticky thread... It shows defaults for Map6 and WMI (User Adjustment and WMI tabs) but doesn't show the defaults for all the in-wheel settings. Unless it's described somewhere else in the remaning 458 pages of that sticky thread

I just installed my JB4 on Tuesday. I think I screwed up settings 10, 11 and 12. Would be nice to have the factory listing for the wheel controls.

I am particularly curious on defaults for speedo menu 3, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15.

I don't have 2-step rev for option 8 or meth stuff for option 9 so I want to make sure I did not change those values by mistake.

Still think having a factory reset option would be nice. Don't understand why people bother support because of side effects of factory reset. Everyone should know what factory reset means. It would be nice to reset JB4 before I sell it, of to reset right after installing when buying 2nd hand.

Last edited by joealley; 11-30-2018 at 04:22 PM..
(#35)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 04:14 PM

3 shift light is 6000rpm
8 is 0
9 is 0
10 DWP is 3000
11 pedal input default is 0
12 base dutycycle is 2800
13+ boost by gear are 0

Burger Motorsports

(#36)
Old

Car: 2008 135i
Default 11-30-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
3 shift light is 6000rpm
8 is 0
9 is 0
10 DWP is 3000
11 pedal input default is 0
12 base dutycycle is 2800
13+ boost by gear are 0
Awesome . And my gut feeling is that for menu 6 are all off for MaxCool, Warmup flash, DTC, Auto radio, gauge sweep. Am I correct?
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 11-30-2018, 05:17 PM

Those are toggles so you can't see the setting from the menu.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Car: 07 335xi, 98 A4 2.8 Quattro
Default 12-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Those are toggles so you can't see the setting from the menu.
An idea: when you position the menus on a toggle-able item, JB4 indicates turn signals on for enable, turn signals off for disabled. It'd be useful for "displaying" current settings for BEF mode, coolmax, stealth, sweep, canflap, DTC, warmup flash, etc. Certainly easier than experimentation.
(#39)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-11-2018, 05:02 PM

That is a good idea, we're a bit limited on space in that part of the programming but will see what we can do.

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Car: 2008 335i Vert (E93, N54)
Default 12-13-2018, 10:20 AM

I'm laughing as I read the repeat 'I want a reset option' comments.
It makes sense that you have to 'configure it for your platform'.

I had the same initial response when I first got my JB4, but after some time, I see the logic to not having a button that assumes a platform and configuration type.

Even if there was a reset button, you still need to set it up for your usage.

Bottom line - Use the latest Firmware. Configure it for your application. Enjoy.

2008 335i Convertible, E93, N54, A/T (200,000+ km)
Wheels: 322 | Tires: R.275/35r18, F.245/40r18
TUNE: JB4/Trebila | 24 PSI | 100% Meth via dual CM5 | 94 Octane
BMS: JB4, Map 6 | WMI | 5" FMIC | OCC | DCI | Cowel Filters
RB: Inlets | PCV Valve
VRSF: DiPis | CP
HKS BOV
xHP Stage 3
NGK-97506 @ .020

Maintenance:
2018 - A/T Replaced | Ign Coils | Walnut Blast
2019 - Index 12 Injectors | VCG | OFHG & O-rings | TStat
2020 - OPG | Battery | IBS | Water Pump | Plugs | Alternator
(#41)
Old

Car: 135i N55
Default 12-31-2021, 09:51 AM

What are default sittings on each one?
Bought used Jb4 and it's all kinda messed up.
Just need it back to factory so I can configure myself.
(#42)
Old

Car: Evo VIII
Default 12-31-2021, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire&Ice365
What are default sittings on each one?
Bought used Jb4 and it's all kinda messed up.
Just need it back to factory so I can configure myself.
Default E chassis N54 settings can be found here. E Series N54 JB4 - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
Thanks!

Burger Motorsports

(#43)
Old

Car: alto
Default 01-03-2022, 06:02 AM

I've never known anything like this to not have a reset defaults option. As I said before, I'm not the first owner of the JB4 so now I have to go through the whole steering wheel menu and compare against what's on the web site. I really just want it to factory condition including any learning/adaptation. Unless the way a default reset is implemented incorrectly, resetting to defaults is a very handy option.
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Car: 135i
Default 01-18-2022, 11:43 AM

Default settings do NOT get reset during an update or if you had custom settings you wanted to save...they'd all get changed.

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.