Valve Stem Seals
Timing Chains, Guides, and Tensioners
Oil pan gaskets
CCV Lines
VVT Solenoids
Turbo Vacuum Lines
Turbo Air Intake Ducts
At 112k:

I had one turbo croak, so I replaced it with a remanufactured unit and noticed quite a difference in the boost compared to the other original one still in place.

Watching the JB4 display, the original one would follow the ECU almost exactly, but the new one would would really jump ahead once ECU Boost starting approaching 10psi. Decided to drive it kinda easy until I did some research. Did take a road trip (2200 miles roundtrip) with no real issues...again...just didn't push it.

Just last week decided to give it a little "push", and it didn't take long to get it to jump to Drivetrain Malfunction...these codes popped up:

121001 TMAP sensor short circuit to B+
190601 DMTL leak diagnosis pump control; Short circuit to positive
190401 DMTL system error: Pump current too great with reference measurement

So, I replaced the DMTL pump and filter and both TMAP's (figured another $70 was worth doing both)

Both DMTL and TMAP errors are gone, but still getting limp mode when I push it and now code is the consistent result:

120608 Load pressure control 2, plausibility: pressure too high

I ran the Air Charger diagnostic test on ISTA+ and it passed, so it's not a plugged vacuum line or charge pipe.

Is there something that needs to be done with the JB4 that could level-set the boost?

I saw a post on f10.5post.com about possibly adjusting the wastegate rod length on Bank 2 turbo until the boost gets really close to matching that on Bank 1 turbo. And then the poster wrote:

"So either make increase or decrease the boost on the 2nd turbo to match the first, then adjust your JB4 duty bias values for map 7 as required to make sure you get up to target or stay at target."

Any ideas? I don't want to make any manual JB4 adjustments without some guidance. Also, I am planning on eventually replacing the other original turbo in the next couple of months...maybe this will push me there...

Thanks in advance.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-12-2021, 11:32 AM

If there is a JB4 equipped attach a JB4 log at full throttle.

We don't offer BCM control for the N63, dropped that a couple years ago.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 2011 550ix MSport
Default 10-12-2021, 02:01 PM

Thanks for the direction Terry @ BMS. Would that be done while in motion or while parked?

Last edited by emuldoon66; 10-12-2021 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: mispelling
(#4)
Old

Default 10-12-2021, 04:13 PM

NVM...found the procedure.
(#5)
Old

Default 10-25-2021, 10:01 AM

Terry @ BMS

Finally had the chance to run the WOT log...attached. Notice the difference between boost and boost2...especially in lines 50 - 57.

I did end up with two codes afterwards:

121001 TMAP sensor, short circuit to B+
120408 Reduced power mode

Both TMAP's are brand new, and I cannot find any obviously damaged wires.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: csv P63_M0_R1_211023_1806.csv (9.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by emuldoon66; 10-25-2021 at 10:22 AM..