BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 05-31-2017, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohrich
Will this work on G30 M550?
It should work fine.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#77)
Old

Car: 2014 BMW 550i xDrive
Default 06-02-2017, 02:20 PM

Hey guys, new member that just got a bone stock 14' 550 xdrive. What a great car!

Been emailing back and forth with Ando...but he's a busy guy so thought I'd ask the forum.

A couple of questions about the JB4 for the n63tu:

How much more boost does it run compared to the Stage 1? I see the JB4 is putting down 620 ft/lbs vs the Stage 1 515 ft/lbs on 93ish octane? HUGE gain! That's why I ask about the boost.

For those that are running the JB4 prototype, were you on Stage 1 before? How big of a difference is it on the street or track (subjective or objective)?

Also, for the JB4 prototype, are the connection points similar to the n63 Jb4 (both Tmap sensors, OBDII) for 93 oct? What other additional connections are there? Any wiring modifications necessary?

About 2 hours to install?

TIA!
(#78)
Old

Car: 2011 E90 335i
Default 06-02-2017, 08:23 PM

I think the power for a JB4 vs. a Stage1 is similar. But the JB4 will be much smoother, and offer more features, while hitting the same peak power level. To get more power than Stage1 you need the JB4 + BCM.

F10 N63tu @FrozenF10 Grey with full OEM M5 conversion Beta JB4/BCM, GTX3076r | F10 stealth progressive meth| Custom inlets with CAI | Eibach springs| custom exh**st with 😼less dwnps |
E90 N55 VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |
(#79)
Old

Default 06-03-2017, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M335
I think the power for a JB4 vs. a Stage1 is similar. But the JB4 will be much smoother, and offer more features, while hitting the same peak power level. To get more power than Stage1 you need the JB4 + BCM.
I would think there should be a pretty significant difference between the Stage 1 and JB4 even without the BCM based on the HP and Torque numbers?

While HP is closer (still significant at a 60hp difference):

Stage 1 @ 452hp
JB4 @ 511hp

The Torque number are WAY different (107 ft/lbs difference):

Stage 1 @ 515 ft/lbs
JB4 @ 622 ft/lbs

The JB4 numbers above are all without the BCM. I believe the gas mix is a little stronger in the JB4 dyno (35% E85) compared to the stage 1 dyno at 93 oct, but still should be pretty large difference if ran on 93.

I would think this should translate into a pretty significant "seat of the pants" difference....especially from a torque perspective?

You're running the JB4 prototype? Did you have the stage 1 before that?
(#80)
Old

Default 06-03-2017, 09:31 AM

It's not an apple-to-apple comparison because JB4 had e30 + prototype cold air intake, I think stock cleaner system is very restrictive can't wait to get my hands on BMS prototype intake
No I didn't have BMS just went straight with JB4 for more power in the future with BCM & bigger turbos

F10 N63tu @FrozenF10 Grey with full OEM M5 conversion Beta JB4/BCM, GTX3076r | F10 stealth progressive meth| Custom inlets with CAI | Eibach springs| custom exh**st with 😼less dwnps |
E90 N55 VS2 DBB with custom inlet-short air intake | BMS JB4/MHD bef/ISO+FF wires E50 corn | 100% Meth-Injection | BMS-occ,cf,ocv, | Big Tom FMIC | Fuel-it S2 LPFP | 5" CP-E ** | BMW-pe |

Last edited by M335; 06-03-2017 at 09:41 AM..
(#81)
Old

Default 06-03-2017, 09:57 AM

Quote:
It's not an apple-to-apple comparison because JB4 had e30 + prototype cold air intake, I think stock cleaner system is very restrictive can't wait to get my hands on BMS prototype intake
No I didn't have BMS just went straight with JB4 for more power in the future with BCM & bigger turbos
Nice...I like your style sir.

Did you install the jb4 yourself? How long did it take? Did you have to change the dme wiring at all for pump gas?
(#82)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-03-2017, 10:27 AM

The intake is going to be great... I wish it was a faster process but they are going as fast as they can.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#83)
Old

Default 06-03-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1
Nice...I like your style sir.

Did you install the jb4 yourself? How long did it take? Did you have to change the dme wiring at all for pump gas?
The installation is pretty straightforward it took me literally 10min plug & play for JB4 with OBD II cable thru the firewall under the dash with out the BCM...
BTW Terry I'm still waiting for BCM with PnP fuel pressure connectors from you

Last edited by M335; 06-03-2017 at 02:54 PM..
(#84)
Old

Default 06-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
The installation is pretty straightforward it took me literally 10min plug & play for JB4 with OBD II cable thru the firewall under the dash with out the BCM...
Really???

@ando said the jb4 was around a 2 hour install?

@ando or @terry can you clear things up?

That's awesome if the jb4 is that simple!
(#85)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 06-04-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1
Really???

@ando said the jb4 was around a 2 hour install?

@ando or @terry can you clear things up?

That's awesome if the jb4 is that simple!
It's 2 connectors and OBDII interface. Depends how fast you can install it.
BCM which will be released later on will make it close to 2h install for the very inexperienced.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#86)
Old

Default 06-05-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando @ BMS
It's 2 connectors and OBDII interface. Depends how fast you can install it.
BCM which will be released later on will make it close to 2h install for the very inexperienced.
Gotcha! Thanks for the clarification! Sending you an email!
(#87)
Old

Car: 2000 M Roadster
Default 06-11-2017, 10:10 AM

Hi all - new to the 6 forum but lurking for a little while.

I'll be buying my next car based on tuning potential. The 335xi and S5 have been top of my list but this option has me looking at '13+ 650i x-drives as well. There was a post earlier questioning whether x-drives could handle it. I certainly wouldn't know but would assume this would somewhat parallel the Alpina B6 which I understand the tranny is tuned but that's all...?

To BMS, obviously market potential is always a concern and this looks like it's coming out anyway but FWIW, if you build it...I might come I'd be buying used and splicing wire(s) not an issue for me.
More talk about the 5 regarding intake but would assume no fitment issues for F13 N63tu? Apologies in advance if this is too much a noob question - am still green but learning.

subscribed
(#88)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 06-16-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The intake is going to be great... I wish it was a faster process but they are going as fast as they can.
Hi Terry,
Hope all is well. Any updates on JB4 for the N63tu? I'd love to get my hands on one for the X5.

Thanks,

Greg

Burgerized Cars:
19 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
17 X5 50i
16 Golf R
13 M5
08 135i

Check out my videos
http://www.youtube.com/gvahan#p/u
(#89)
Old

Car: 550i
Default 06-19-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmore
Hi all - new to the 6 forum but lurking for a little while.

I'll be buying my next car based on tuning potential. The 335xi and S5 have been top of my list but this option has me looking at '13+ 650i x-drives as well. There was a post earlier questioning whether x-drives could handle it. I certainly wouldn't know but would assume this would somewhat parallel the Alpina B6 which I understand the tranny is tuned but that's all...?

To BMS, obviously market potential is always a concern and this looks like it's coming out anyway but FWIW, if you build it...I might come I'd be buying used and splicing wire(s) not an issue for me.
More talk about the 5 regarding intake but would assume no fitment issues for F13 N63tu? Apologies in advance if this is too much a noob question - am still green but learning.

subscribed
Would like to get an answer on this as well. Looking into a 650i and previously had the JB4 stage 2 on the N63. From reading the forums, it looks like the JB is not always adapting to the 650i and the power levels remained the same (dyno tested) before and after install. Would really like to know if this is true as I'll be scratching the power itch soon...
(#90)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-19-2017, 02:04 PM

We have a few n63tu units out in testing. There are no other updates on it right now.

Burger Motorsports

(#91)
Old

Car: 2011 550i
Default 06-19-2017, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Hey Terry,
I know you have been getting bugged alot about the intakes lol

I have been researching and I pretty much know how to exactly run a Catch can setup with the n63. I'm sick of oil being sicked into the turbo. It kills efficiency. I understand 100% how the OEM ccv setup works and think I know how to utalize it and make it work. My biggest thing is, where to mount the actual Catch cans.

Looking at the prototype intakes, That looks like it frees up plenty of room! Would that mean something similar is around the corner since the intakes allow more room?

Just curious. Hope to hear from you.
(#92)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 12:36 PM

Quote:
We have a few n63tu units out in testing. There are no other updates on it right now.
We've made some company wide changes that have effected the n63tu JB4. Basically, with passive delete gone, you'll have a CEL on full time when unplugging the MAF sensors. Unplugging the MAF sensors is required for the tuning end. So net/net I think that kills this project in the USA as we had envisioned it. It's not going to make it out of BETA testing.

Burger Motorsports

(#93)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 07-11-2017, 12:40 PM

Well, that makes that choice a lot easier. N63TU powered vehicles are out. Still think it's ridiculous. Not everybody lives in California and has to abide by CARBs dumb rules. Release it as a 49 or 46 state legal device and let the auto clear stay.

What about the S63TU, same issues?

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550 xDrive
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL

Last edited by Mike_L; 07-11-2017 at 01:08 PM..
(#94)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 01:07 PM

It's not a CA issue its a USA issue. S63 JB4 decided not to release for other reasons.

S63TU is good to go and is the gold standard for M5/M6 performance.

Burger Motorsports

(#95)
Old

Car: 335i, 2009
Default 07-11-2017, 01:50 PM

Very disappointing to hear. That may change my next options as well.

M3 F80 2017 Competition & Carbon Brakes
JB4 ||| H&R Sport Springs

X5 50i 2013 ///M Sport
BMS Stage 1

(#96)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-11-2017, 02:13 PM

We still have the Stage1 for the n63tu in the USA.

Burger Motorsports

(#97)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 07-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
It's not a CA issue its a USA issue.
Sure doesn't seem that way in NY.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550 xDrive
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL
(#98)
Old

Car: 440i F32
Default 07-12-2017, 11:13 AM

Very very dissapointing. Can we at least have it outside the us? Waited for this for months and now this

F32 440i JB4
F11 550i N63tu JB4
(#99)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L
Sure doesn't seem that way in NY.
You are completely wrong, but little reason to get in to it on the forum. If you have any additional questions on the change feel free to email.

Burger Motorsports

(#100)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-12-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m123
Very very dissapointing. Can we at least have it outside the us? Waited for this for months and now this
The n63tu hardware is identical to the s63tu hardware. At some point we will add the n63tu firmware to the first post but leave it as an officially unsupported platform. So if you want to run one you can but with the understanding you're going to have a CEL on within the USA with the MAF sensors unplugged, and outside the USA can use passive delete to reset that CEL every startup.

Burger Motorsports