N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2015 550i xdrive
Default 2015 550i N63TU F10 - Smoking.... - 01-07-2021, 02:30 PM

Hi all. Lots of firsts for me here. First BMW, first time modding a car and first time posting here. Please be gentle!

I have installed *********, cold-air intake and a JB4. Didn't hook up the BCM yet.

Upon firing the car up I get white smoke consistently. I thought that this was due to the cats being taken out of the equation. With the cold-air intake (piped to the front grill) it sound sweet! And with the JB4 I can certainly feel the extra power.
Back to the smoke. I've had everything on for about a month now and have run it in Map2. The last two times (out of about 6-8) runs with Launch Control the car immediately starts to smoke a lot. Both times I shut the car off, checked under the hood, under the car, etc, fired it back up and it went back to smoking like "normal".

I'd like to get an idea of what the issue may be as I'm sure this isn't normal. Any ideas? I'm sure there's questions that I have not provided enough info for. Let me know what I can answer.

Outside temps in the 30-50's.
105k miles on the car.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
(#2)
Old
Anti-Social

Car: 2021 M550i xDrive
Default 01-07-2021, 04:18 PM

Typical N63. Its burning oil. Either through the valve stem seals or through the turbos.

Mike Levy
2021 Tanzanite Blue II M550 xDrive
2010 Glacier Pearl Nissan Murano SL