N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2010 N54 BMW 135i
Default N54 VTT stage 2+ installed - log review - 07-15-2018, 03:22 PM

Hi guys,

I've got VTT stage 2+ turbos installed on my N54 powered 6MT 135i. I've attached two logs for your review, here's current setup and some additional questions: VTT stage2+, inlets/outlets, phoenix racing intercooler, turbosmart raceport BOV, 93 octane fuel, JB4 pump BEF, BMS DCI, VRSF 3" **.

1. BOV is fully open at idle. It's turbosmart raceport pre-fitted with orange spring, which was recomended by VTT. Seems this is the recommended spring and works for everyone but me? Is my car pulling too much vacuum from the intake manifold? I've drilled a hole in intake manifold and fitted a 6mm vacuum line over a hose barb as per recommendations... The hole is drilled a couple of centimeters to the right of original plastic nipple (slightly further away from throttle body), could this be the issue? I also notice something that sounds like compressor surge to me when releasing the throttle. As you can see per log, it seems the car is holding boost at WOT properly... It's possible that the silicone vacuum line is too soft and collapses under pressure so I'll be looking for some more rigid hose.

2. It seems I can hear some compressor surge at low throttle while accelerating, does that make sense at all or is it just in my mind? Sounds to me like it could be BEF related. Is it or is it not though? Should I get a tuner make a tune for me or try any other map that could fit uggraded turbos better? Maybe i should try different WG setting on JB4 steering wheel controls?

3. From the log 2018-07-15 14_59_54Map_2.csv I can see a sudden WGDC drop, followed by a boost drop. It was very noticeable inside the car, any ideas what could cause such a WGDC drop? Vacuum lines are all replaced and all I can suspect are boost solenoids... They were replaced with China ones at first, but the China solenoids didn't work well, so I went back to the old OEM solenoids.

4. I'm pretty sure I need some duty bias/ff adjustments, could you advise what adjustments I could make?

5. FOL is at 90, should I lower it? HPFP looks like it could be struggling...

6. Cyl4 timing - I had a crack in the valve cover, cyl4 had most oil in it, so I'm guessing it could be coils/spark plugs, which I'm going to replace too...
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-15 14_59_54Map_2.csv (9.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv 2018-07-15 15_01_32Map_2.csv (13.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by skirmozas; 07-15-2018 at 03:28 PM..
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 07-16-2018, 09:50 AM

Everything in your logs look normal to me. Update your JB4 firmware though, that's all I can see.

The BOV is normal, mine is open at idle as well.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Everything in your logs look normal to me. Update your JB4 firmware though, that's all I can see.

The BOV is normal, mine is open at idle as well.
Thanks Payam. Did you check the other log, WGDC suddenly dropped and boost fluctuated. This doesn't seem to happen anymore after some more pulls, but could there be some reasonable explanation? Maybe the car took some time to adapt? I seem to hear a very slight surge at low throttle levels, is there anything I could adjust?
(#4)
Old

Default 07-16-2018, 02:09 PM

By the way, here's a log with ~E40 mix, seems nice to me, hpfp is almost maxed out, but looks like I could crank some more boost easily on map6 with current setup

Noted on the jb4 firmware too, I'll update it.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-07-16 22_00_47Map_2.csv (10.0 KB, 10 views)
(#5)
Old
Minor Diety

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-16-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmozas
By the way, here's a log with ~E40 mix, seems nice to me, hpfp is almost maxed out, but looks like I could crank some more boost easily on map6 with current setup

Noted on the jb4 firmware too, I'll update it.
This log looks really clean.

Timing looks nice, boost looks pretty on target too.

Based on what I see, I think you can turn things up a little more

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL
(#6)
Old

Default 07-17-2018, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the response. Another thing I notice, I am getting 2FBE - fuel pressure after engine stop error code. Is it because of E85 mixture? Ita almost E40 and I'm running pump BEF. Any advise on this one? No other codes though...
(#7)
Old
Minor Diety

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-17-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skirmozas
Thanks for the response. Another thing I notice, I am getting 2FBE - fuel pressure after engine stop error code. Is it because of E85 mixture? Ita almost E40 and I'm running pump BEF. Any advise on this one? No other codes though...
Honestly, I occasionally get that code as well- Iíve been monitoring / watching it weekly, doesnít seem to have any ill affect on anything & none of my values seem to correlate w. the code

http://www.fuel-it.biz/

e92 AT 335xi 2.0
Doc Race Kit 6062
Fuel-It!Platinum DIY PI Kit + Stage 2BL