JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: F30 N55 EWG
Unhappy JB4 with BM3 log help - 07-24-2019, 09:36 AM

Hello guys I'm new to the forums, I recently sold my N54 335is for a F30 335 ewg. I'm currently having some issues with fuel trim levels the car is fbo with pure stage 2 and port injection with fuel it upgrade lpfp. I've attached a data log any help would be much appreciated. Thank you !!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-24 05_50_47_Map-6 (1).csv (13.7 KB, 205 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: 2015 F22 M235i
Default 07-24-2019, 10:02 AM

Does the car have a flash tune on it?

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#3)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 10:11 AM

It has Bootmod3 installed e30 map
(#4)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 10:20 AM

Good luck man. I'm having issues with stacking the JB4 with my BM3 tune as well. Not getting a lot of help on here either. :-(

2014 335i xDrive / Silver / ZF8 / M-Sport / 400M / BM3 2H Map / xHP Stage 3 / ATM FMIC / H&R Sports / VRSF **/CP
(#5)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Good luck man. I'm having issues with stacking the JB4 with my BM3 tune as well. Not getting a lot of help on here either. :-(
I know man I thought people would be more helpful on here
Good luck to you as well
(#6)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treycane
I know man I thought people would be more helpful on here
Good luck to you as well
I've been active on here for quite a few years. I can tell you this, before BMS branched out to 18 other vehicle platforms, troubleshooting and getting questions answered were second to none....

(#7)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 10:42 AM

I'd try to ask over on the other forum for insight but if you mention the JB4, it's like saying you have an STD or something LOL. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with my BM3 tune, but the flexibility with the JB4 is an awesome addition to a flash tune. Once you get it working properly.....

(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 10:59 AM

Looks like DSC is kicking in and then you trigger a safety system.

Let's start with a lower map like map2 to evaluate a clean run first before going up.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#9)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Looks like DSC is kicking in and then you trigger a safety system.

Let's start with a lower map like map2 to evaluate a clean run first before going up.

Thanks Terry my map 6 is a custom map for my Bootmod3 e30 flash, I switched over to map 4 for logging only to check. I've attached that log of map 4.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-24 05_53_34_Map-4.csv (11.7 KB, 182 views)
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-24-2019, 11:50 AM

Map4 is too low. Map2 please.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#11)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Ok perfect i'll try map 2 and report back in a few. Thank you
(#12)
Old

Default 07-24-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Attached is a map 2 pull from 2nd gear until 5th. Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-07-24 15_58_29_Map-2.csv (14.7 KB, 178 views)
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2019, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Attached is a map 2 pull from 2nd gear until 5th. Thank you!
I see a few things. Let's try this next.

Map7, enter 75 across the board on fuel bias to increase port injection mapping.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-26-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i
Have a thread? Normally the issue with BM3 is they set the target really high. So that might require a special JB4 side setting.

Last thread I saw from you was about fuel pressure connector not working on a used system? We need to get your hardware going too. If you have a tuning issue also post the details in the same thread so we can cehck that out.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 08-01-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I see a few things. Let's try this next.

Map7, enter 75 across the board on fuel bias to increase port injection mapping.
Thank you Terry! but how do I adjust the fuel bias for map 7? I'm using the jb4 mobile app with the bluetooth connection for android. Also my e85 gauge doesn't work on the app, I don't have a ethanol setting under wmi nor a n20 map sensor category.
(#16)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 08-01-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Thank you Terry! but how do I adjust the fuel bias for map 7? I'm using the jb4 mobile app with the bluetooth connection for android. Also my e85 gauge doesn't work on the app, I don't have a ethanol setting under wmi nor a n20 map sensor category.
Settings > user adjustments

Fuel bias should be the middle column

Burger Motorsports