N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: e93 335i
Default HPFP or LPFP? LOGS + codes 2aaf and dc29 - 10-16-2020, 12:22 PM

Hi guys, i have searched but cant find specific answers to my problems..

When I first bought the car after a really hard drive it would bogg, but would be fine and only do it on a really really hard drive, so being new to bmws put it down to some sort of safety/heat thing (no codes) anyway, recently I had shaking at over 100mph+ assumed it was some sort of prop bearing as was only on power, but sometimes it wouldn't do it.. time goes buy (ive had it on cobb stage 1 since i bought the car) i put some 1 step colder ngk plugs gapped to 0.22" car feels silky smooth was a little rough before, still got the bogging/surging when driving really hard and got it hot (problems only and always happen when hot (120C mark after WOT pulls) the other night i got a cylinder 6 misfire code, assumed this was my troubles all along, anyway got a sump gasket and some ******* *** put on, great car sounds awesome, feels faster (now with cobb stage 2) same day i go out and get two codes 2aaf and dc29 followed by limp mode(2aaf has popped up before on its own randomly) restarting the car restores its performance i put the car back to stage 1

go for a hard drive, same happens ago, but only once fully warmed up

everything i find online is pointing towards either the lpfp or hpfp, as far as im aware care is on its orginal for both.

when the car isnt as hot i can drive it hard no problems, only once it gets aroun that magically 120c do these codes pop up..

which is strange? but i can replicate the issue very easily now by getting it nice and hot and flooring it..

am happy to provide logs if that helps just need to know what to actually log? i logged lpfp and hpfp together and the hpfp does dive to 300ish psi, when its requesting 2000+ but the lpfp also is erratic and goes between 20-100psi.

im unsure whether the car does this on purpose or not.. weird it happened the same day the *** got installed but im not putting it down to that since i already had minor issues before, also i have noticed sometimes it does take a few seconds to start, never more than 5, usually around 3, but certainly not instant, and only when its left/gone cold, if i shut it down and restart its instant.

ive got logs for when teh car is cooler before doing some WOT pulls and they look healthy.. and after where pressure takes a huge dive after a few WOT pulls in a row..

ive ordered a low pressure fuel sensor so far, hopefully will come next week, but are my issues consistant with a hpfp? or should my lpfp still be at 70 psi even with a failing hpfp? or is it the lpfp? lol

hope you managed to read it all!
Attached Files
File Type: zip cold logs.zip (10.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: zip logs .zip (9.2 KB, 9 views)
(#2)
Old

Car: e93 335i
Default 10-16-2020, 12:24 PM

not sure why its starred out cattless *********