N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Tuner

Default Need some JB4 data cable / windows interface testers! - 08-19-2020, 05:27 PM

Working on a round of changes including:

1) Ability to resize the window finally!
2) Improved the bit selection features.
3) When opening a CSV to view it now also imports user adjustment page settings for quick viewing.
4) Reorganized comport selection so we can some day add Bluetooth connectivity.

So all you BMS data cable guys out there load it up and let me know how it's working for you.

http://www.n54tech.com/flash_files/j...erface_new.zip

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-21-2020, 08:36 AM

Found a bug with charting and updated the interface

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Car: 335i xdrive
Default 08-26-2020, 12:49 PM

Terry,
I'm reinstalling my data cable and it has two brown wires (1 male, 1 female) on the db9 end of the plug. Which pin slots do they belong in? It's not for an add on like 2 step or anti lag, just the original data cable hookup.
Thanks

'09 335 xdrive: JB4 G5 ISO - BMS Pump Flash - E30 / BMS DCI / VRSF DP / VRSF FMIC / BMS CP / BMS CDV / BMS Clutch Stop / ZHP Shift Knob
'07 Mustang GT/CS vert: Intake / Tune / Straight ***** / Strut Brace
'67 Jacobsen Tractor: Yardwork Toy...
(#4)
Old

Car: E92
Default 08-26-2020, 05:54 PM

Full Screen makes it so much easier , great job
(#5)
Old

Car: 17 GTI
Default 08-27-2020, 10:49 AM

Just throwing this out there. Can we get some more resolution verses RPM for the duty bias, fuel bias etc in the future? I think it would be beneficial for boost control mainly.
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-14-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Pete
Just throwing this out there. Can we get some more resolution verses RPM for the duty bias, fuel bias etc in the future? I think it would be beneficial for boost control mainly.
On the setting page you can specify the axis height. Default is 50, but 30 works well if you want more viewable resolution.

Burger Motorsports

(#7)
Old

Car: 2008 535i
Default 09-20-2020, 06:57 PM

looks to be working well on my end using previous logs. I will test it connected to the car tonight but for now i say it works fine. re-size makes things soo much nicer

Located in Toronto
Cars:
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero 335whp+390wtq
2008 BMW 535i; JB4, MHD PUMP BEF, DCI, VRSF KOTLESS, ER CP TIAL BOV, RB PCV
(#8)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Thumbs up 10-17-2020, 05:49 PM

I just downloaded and installed. Seems to work a treat! I love that I can resize the screen now. Also, having the settings import from the log file is funderful! No more manually looking at the CSV to see what I set for DB values.

Thank you!
(#9)
Old

Car: 535i
Default 10-19-2020, 06:42 PM

So far works great. Question is there any chance of a tab to setup larger gauges that we can select and monitor in real time similar to the mobile app?

or maybe have the graph show in real time.

08 535i MT Blk. CP w/BOV, JB4, BEF, DCI, edited things delete, Inlets, 7" FMIC, SP exhaust, X Clutch, poly/delrin shifter bushings, Walbro 525, RB PCV, catch can, VRSF oulets, MMP Gen 1 Stg3, 3.5Tbar, 2 step, FSB WMI
Anti Lag up next.
On Hand: JB4 PI Controller