N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2009 135i 6MT
Default N63 Fuel Pressure Sensor Problems - 08-07-2020, 10:24 AM

I have been having this on-going issue with the car misfiring after driving for a long period of time and then getting on the throttle. It would bog and put the car into limp mode. Every time I scanned the codes, it would come up as a misfire in a couple cylinders and that would be it. For the time being, I would reset the codes so the car would run normally again until I started replacing parts.

I replaced all the spark plugs which did not solve the problem. Then I replaced all the coil packs which also did not fix the issue.

About a week ago it did the same thing but gave a fuel pressure sensor code. So I replaced the fuel pressure sensor in bank 2 (driver side) and did not see any issues until I started driving it around. Also, when I replaced the sensor, I coded the injectors to their proper values. However, It made absolutely no sense why sometimes it would do it and other times it would not. So I figured it had to be an electrical connection issue. I took the sensor off and checked the cables that run to the plug and it indeed was a poorly soldered connection. I fixed the connection and made sure all the wires were on perfectly.

Unfortunately, that seemed to have made it worse? Now the code comes on as soon as the car is started. The fan runs at maximum speed and the car automatically goes into limp mode/reduced power mode.

I am running out of ideas at this point. It makes absolutely no sense why it would be doing this even with it's connection being fixed and a new sensor put in.

I don't know what else would be causing this issue. Could the new injector programming be causing issues if the DME had stored values/adaptations? I would think it would also be an issue on the other bank as well if this was the case.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2009 135i 6MT
Default 08-07-2020, 03:19 PM

Welp, found the issue.

Took the sensor cable off and used a multimeter to ohm out the connections and turned out to be another cable that was open-circuited.

Seems like my problems get solved shortly after I make a post on here.