N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 c43 amg
Default C43 Amg - JB4 and BMS Intake - 04-22-2020, 08:17 PM

Hi everyone

I'm super new to this world and super excited! I just purchased the JB4 and BMS intake system. I'm hoping to install both in thr coming weeks upon arrival.

I'm reading many of your posts and am looking for advice on where to even begin once installation is complete. Should I stay with map 1 and post my logs or CSV or both for analysis? When is it safe to go to map 2?

I have access to both 91 and 93 octane gas as well.

Can't wait to chat with everyone!
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2020, 08:18 PM

Always use the best fuel you can! For 93 octane map2 should be fine. Post up a log and we can check it out here.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 08:39 PM

Is 91 and map 2 also okay? So I know what to prep for in advance. Ty
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-23-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaura23
Is 91 and map 2 also okay? So I know what to prep for in advance. Ty
We'd have to see the log to evaluate if 91 would be safe enough for map 2.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 02:40 PM

So was checking out my car now that I got it back. And where I have to feed the OBD through the firewall, there isn't a grommet, it looks like some putty that was used to full the gap.
Any advise to get thru that so I can run the wire into the cab?
(#6)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 04:46 PM

I wedged a screwdriver through the putty and can now have access.
(#7)
Old

Default 05-02-2020, 02:46 PM

So I have everything installed. Two questions:
1. When I went for a run and tried to log my timings, nothing came up. I emailed it to myself and there was nothing there
2. You could smell something and I could see hints of smoke from the tires when I pulled in. It was met outside as well. I jiay attituded it to the extra horse and how much I gave her. Is this something I should get used to or be concerned with?
(#8)
Old

Default 05-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Here are my log file for a run I tried

Can someone review and let me know your thoughts? As well explain how to export the graph
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200503_1418_runs(3).csv (26.6 KB, 56 views)
(#9)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2020, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaura23
Here are my log file for a run I tried

Can someone review and let me know your thoughts? As well explain how to export the graph
You can view the log in the JB4 app, or download the JB4 windows software linked in the first post to view it at home.

Looks as expected to me for map1! Log map2 next.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 05-04-2020, 09:04 AM

Thanks. So how do I interrupt the log files or the graph, what are you looking for when you say it's as expected for map 1? Sorry just trying to understand if this is considered good, how much additional power I now have, etc.
(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-04-2020, 11:19 AM

Some addl info on the logging and details here: MB JB4 Logging Parameters - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

You can't really determine how much power someone is gaining from a datalog, just confirm the engine is operating as expected at the higher power level. Use a dragy for accurate performance measurements if you want to see how much you've gained vs map0 (stock), for example.

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 12:08 PM

Here is a quick run on map 2. Thoughts?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200509_1446_runs(1).csv (38.4 KB, 49 views)
(#13)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2020, 07:51 PM

Update the JB4 firmware and wear heavier shoes, gas pedal isn't all the way down.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default 05-17-2020, 09:59 AM

When I tried connecting to the jb4 today, it connected successfully but none of the gauges were adjusting when I was pressing the throttle. Also when I went to read the codes it said an error or invalid connection. I'm able to change maps and select different gauges but even ones like the peddle don't adjust as I drive
(#15)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-17-2020, 10:16 AM

Sounds like an issue with the OBDII cable, usually loose or connector to the JB4 in the wrong orientation. Also possible wrong JB4 firmware is loaded.

Burger Motorsports

(#16)
Old

Default 05-17-2020, 10:46 AM

Thanks, that fixed it. Here is a new log, take a look
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200517_1343_runs(2).csv (52.7 KB, 47 views)
(#17)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-19-2020, 10:42 AM

Looks good to me!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#18)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 10:45 AM

Any feedback to improve my results?