N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: C63s
Default C63 help with fault codes - 01-06-2020, 04:13 PM

I got CEL Thrown today drove the car after 1 month. error code "0300" and "0308"
Missfire in Cel 8 I believe? I know I was supposed to send logs but never got around it as I was busy with work travel.
(#2)
Old

Car: 2017 C63S ED1
Default 01-06-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007JATT
I got CEL Thrown today drove the car after 1 month. error code "0300" and "0308"
Missfire in Cel 8 I believe? I know I was supposed to send logs but never got around it as I was busy with work travel.
I am getting similar fault codes.....

I got my JB4 back from BMS after testing, re-installed it and ran it for a few weeks, got some codes but then it ran clean for a long time. I just added back in the Fail Safe Box and ran MAP 7 for the WMI. However now I am getting Code P152C7A and Code P22797 for a air intake leak. That fault code is interesting , I actually wonder if itís caused by the waste gate duty cycle exceeding the preset maps.
(#3)
Old

Default 01-07-2020, 05:42 AM

Drove the car after 30+ days and it's throwing random CEL Fault Codes. car idles very rough, cleared all codes and removed JB4 ECU Cable, for now, will test to see if CEL comes back tomorrow

can someone from the JB4 team help me with this? it has been nothing but trouble since I installed it

Please see the attache screenshot for CEL Codes.
Attached Images

(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 01-07-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Drove the car after 30+ days and it's throwing random CEL Fault Codes. car idles very rough, cleared all codes and removed JB4 ECU Cable, for now, will test to see if CEL comes back tomorrow

can someone from the JB4 team help me with this? it has been nothing but trouble since I installed it

Please see the attache screenshot for CEL Codes.
Did water get into the JB4 system?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 01-07-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Did water get into the JB4 system?
No water damage. car was parked inside the garage since installed.

I sent an email to support just now I need someone to call me and get this sorted ASAP. it's my only transport for work.

This morning it went into limp mode and i can't drive it
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-07-2020, 11:12 AM

Forum is usually the slowest way to handle tech support, email us for a faster response and we'll help you sort it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 01-07-2020, 12:18 PM

Got a quick response from Terry and Team via email. found moisture built inside the board/enclosure. They are sending me a replacement board overnight

Will report back once installed
(#8)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 01-07-2020, 10:00 PM

Very timely thread.

Today I was driving home from work and received the same codes as above: 2279 and 152c. I am running map 5 on 30% ethanol. I had just filled up with 93 and E85, the normal mix from the same usual gas station I go to a few times a week. I pulled out of the gas station and floored it in 2nd gear and got heavy wheel spin (as usual). I look down less than a min later and saw that I had a CEL. Nothing listed in the service/error dash menu.

(I don't want to necessarily imply that the gas, wheel spin, etc are necessarily related, but since I'm not sure of the cause I'm giving the full context.)

I used the JB4 to read the codes and it was 2279 and 152C. The JB4 could not clear them. I tried restarting the engine and clearing the codes a few times to no avail.

I drove the remaining 20 miles home and parked it.

The car sat for about an hour or two and when I went back and started it, it still had the same codes that could not be cleared. This time however I shut off the engine, kept the accessory on, and use the JB4 to delete the codes. This time it worked.

I could not find definitive answers for what those codes were for. Some threads or sites said air intake leak, others in fact a thread on this forum indicated that 152C was the throttle actuator position fault.

I've never received these codes and since I could not find clear info in the way of troubleshooting, I am very glad they have disappeared for now!

I do not intend to distract from the OP situation. Wanted to mention my experience because I have no reason to think that there is moisture inside my board. Although I have not opened it up to check.

Has anyone else had experience with these 2 codes in the past?

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold

Last edited by LessIsMore; 01-07-2020 at 10:10 PM..
(#9)
Old

Default More Codes -2017 C63S - 01-08-2020, 03:05 PM

Today I am getting the following codes, even on MAP0

P22797A - A leak was detected in the Intake Air System
P152C7A - Intake Air System (Cly Bank 2)Leakage
P2A0B28 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor 2 Has a Malfunction the signal offset is outside the parameters
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Got a quick response from Terry and Team via email. found moisture built inside the board/enclosure. They are sending me a replacement board overnight

Will report back once installed
Yes, we've had a few instances of this. Somehow water is getting in to the enclosure on a handful of cars. We've changed the boards so that they are now epoxy coated for moisture protection and are working on a new enclosure. If anyone has a "mystery" code and notices moisture contact us for a free replacement board. Once the enclosure is proven we'll send those out free of charge as well.

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ C63S-E1
Today I am getting the following codes, even on MAP0

P22797A - A leak was detected in the Intake Air System
P152C7A - Intake Air System (Cly Bank 2)Leakage
P2A0B28 - Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor 2 Has a Malfunction the signal offset is outside the parameters
Those are pretty specific codes that would all correlate to an air leak. What mods? If you clear codes do they crop right back up?

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-08-2020, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore

Has anyone else had experience with these 2 codes in the past?
Not seem then but you can look up the descriptions online to try to hone in on it. Something about an idle air control valve on P152C.

Burger Motorsports

(#13)
Old

Default 01-08-2020, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Those are pretty specific codes that would all correlate to an air leak. What mods? If you clear codes do they crop right back up?
When I remove the JB4 and BCM no codes, but with it installed I get the codes. I can clear them and they won't come back right away, I can drive miles under full acceleration and cruising no codes, then all of sudden it throws codes. Usually under minimal to no load, even coasting it has happened.

Mods are only JB4, BCM and BMS WMI Kit, stock intakes, stock exhaust, stock turbos, and Weistec VTA's
(#14)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-09-2020, 08:49 AM

A few mods there that might be complicating things. Drop me an email I'll send something to try out.

Burger Motorsports

(#15)
Old

Default 02-22-2020, 12:13 PM

Car doing the same thing again. No water damage to JB4 module
Attached Images

(#16)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-22-2020, 04:37 PM

Misfires are usually boost too high, fuel pressure crashing, plug gap too large, etc. JB4 log as it's running now?

Burger Motorsports

(#17)
Old

Car: Volkswagen GOLF R
Default 06-10-2020, 01:43 PM

Having same issues with the E63s what do I do?
(#18)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 01:13 PM

could anyone help me having the same issue
(#19)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2020, 01:20 PM

I haven't seen a trend yet in codes but something to try is always going between the BETA and non-BETA firmware in the app, or any older firmware versions you have on your phone, to determine if the problems are in any way firmware related.

Burger Motorsports

(#20)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 01:22 PM

hey terry great to hear from you. it did in my friends c63 s and his glc 63 and now my dads e63s
(#21)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 01:24 PM

its funny this guy with a c63 in the forums had the same problem what did he do to solve it terry....
(#22)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2020, 01:51 PM

Lots of problems will cause the same symptom. So it's not possible to fix your car based on whatever fixed someone else's car. You have to go through the process. If I recall correctly your specific system was installed on our C63 for a week with no issues.

Try rolling back to v5 firmware first. If issues continue then I'd run the minimum connection posts as the next test. e.g. the two forward most MAP sensors (including the one with the JB4 black/red/yellow) wire. Putting the manifold MAP sensors to factory to rule out any sort of addl issue there.

Burger Motorsports

(#23)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 01:59 PM

i did try to role back to the v5 firmware and same thing.... the code is 0305 that i have now only
(#24)
Old

Default 06-18-2020, 02:01 PM

what is the next steps terry....
(#25)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-18-2020, 02:30 PM

That is a misfire cyl5. If that is the only code did you check the plug on cylinder 5 to see how it looks?

Burger Motorsports