N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Mb c43
Default Issues with my jb4 since Vehicle service - 12-13-2019, 10:11 AM

I have the JB4 on my 2018 c43, had it since the jb1 when the car was new, and upgraded to the jb4 when it became available. It performed flawlessly, until I recently removed it to bring my car in for 20k mike service. Got the car back and reinstalled the jb4, got a CEL, codes reading 0236, 0801, 0600, and 0000. Car also runs in limp mode. Removed the jb4 and the car was no longer in limp mode, and after a couple of cycles the CEL cleared and turned off. Tried to reinstall the jb4 once again and the car immediately went back to limp mode and is throwing the same codes... Any idea whatís going on?
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 12-13-2019, 11:51 AM

Install the JB4 without OBD, see if it still throws the codes.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 12-13-2019, 12:47 PM

Alright, will try that once the CEL clears
(#4)
Old
Tuner

Default 12-13-2019, 10:23 PM

Open the box up might have a loose wire in there too especially if things were man-handled removing/reinstalling it.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default 05-25-2020, 03:41 PM

It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to mess around with the car with covid and all, but today I decided to finally try and put the jb4 back in my c43, and it’s still throwing a 0106 code and putting the car in limp mode. I’m quite frustrated...
(#6)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 05-26-2020, 11:16 AM

that was w/o OBD connection?
Have you looked up the descriptions for those codes and can post them to aid in troubleshooting?

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#7)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 03:27 PM

Yeah Iíve tried without the obd and with, the only code read now is the 0106 which is generally a MAP sensor voltage error.
(#8)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-26-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipacman
Yeah Iíve tried without the obd and with, the only code read now is the 0106 which is generally a MAP sensor voltage error.
Sounds like the JB4 board or harness may be damaged. Unplug the board to check to see if any gold pins are loose, and assuming not, send the board in to us for testing/replacement.

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default 05-26-2020, 08:51 PM

From what I saw when I checked the board it didnít look like anything was damaged, pins seemed fine. Who should I contact for an address to ship it back to be checked out?
(#10)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 10:36 AM

support@burgertuning.com

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 12:26 PM

Gotcha, thanks Terry