N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old

Car: 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Default 05-11-2020, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 209hunter
Iím having a stutter/hesitation when I first roll into the throttle. Especially when the Jeep doesnít downshift (high load and boost, lower rpm). I have a ******* ********, 3Ē catback and intake. Running 91 octane with a bit of e85 (roughly 20-25% ethanol). Not sure if these logs show the issue. If not, let me know what to log. It seems the actual boost overshoots target boost on initial throttle tip in and turbo spool. And then you feel like timing is being pulled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twiiccpa3w...87%29.csv?dl=0
Is it possible to get some feedback on the log files and the possible boost/timing issues? Thanks
(#52)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-12-2020, 10:20 AM

Can you post the CSV file here.

Go advanced and click the paperclip icon to add file.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#53)
Old

Default 05-12-2020, 10:31 AM

The file was too large so I split it into two parts and preserved headers. Let me know if you need additional information. Thank you

Quote:
Is it possible to get some feedback on the log files and the possible boost/timing issues? Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200406_2012_runs_part1.csv (237.3 KB, 55 views)
File Type: csv 20200406_2012_runs_part2.csv (213.2 KB, 51 views)
(#54)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 05-13-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
We have a few customers running E30 without issue but it's still being tested. If you have access pump a few gallons in and evaluate. It should benefit each JB4 map.
Should have jb4 here soon.

I have 91 octane and E85 here in vegas. What should be the mixture of E85 be to run map 2 and or 3? Let me know and I will do a bunch of logs. Thanks
(#55)
Old

Default 05-19-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Just following up again for some feedback on logs...
(#56)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-20-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Just following up again for some feedback on logs...
Sorry missed the post, what fuel on these runs? Map1 looks good to me. On map2 there isn't a lot of 100% throttle to really evaluate.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#57)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Sorry missed the post, what fuel on these runs? Map1 looks good to me. On map2 there isn't a lot of 100% throttle to really evaluate.
No worries. Fuel was mix of 91 and e85 reading ~30% ethanol content. Iíll try to do another log with just map 2 and WOT and some mid throttle tip in a low rpm. Thatís where I feel timing cut, low rpm/heavy load just as turbo spools. Thanks
(#58)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2020, 10:27 AM

Map2 should be fine on an E30 mix, we'll see how more WOT data looks.

Burger Motorsports

(#59)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep JL 2.0
Default Cross Posting from JL Wrangler Forum - New HAPPY User of JB4 - 05-23-2020, 05:37 PM

Installed the JB4 today, noticed a few things. Nothing else is changed from stock. Install was straight forward. Everything fired up as expected. Performance wise there is a noticeable difference on Map 1 to stock to me. What I noticed as was on hwy it pulls a lot harder mid rpm and from zero to 40 it is very consistent with what ďfeelsď like no lag.

Anyone with the Tuner getting a reading for Gear or Intake Air Temp? Mine arenít showing anything on the app.
(#60)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 06:29 PM

Installed my jb4 yesterday and everything is good on map 1 but map 2 has some hesitations like itís cutting engine power. Gas in the tank is 91 octane, a whole can of Torco octane booster, and 2 gallons of E85 which should be 95-96ish octane? Can you take a look at my logs please? I canít screenshot the graph cause itís too big
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200523_1509_runs(3).csv (38.8 KB, 47 views)
(#61)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep JL 2.0
Default Gauges - 05-23-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Installed my jb4 yesterday and everything is good on map 1 but map 2 has some hesitations like itís cutting engine power. Gas in the tank is 91 octane, a whole can of Torco octane booster, and 2 gallons of E85 which should be 95-96ish octane? Can you take a look at my logs please? I canít screenshot the graph cause itís too big
Is your Gear and/or IAT (Intake Air Temp) gauge working on your app?
(#62)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneEyedHito
Is your Gear and/or IAT (Intake Air Temp) gauge working on your app?
Not sure. I didnít even look
(#63)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-23-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Could be fuel pressure cutting out also. We don't have all the channels we'd like on the Jeep models yet including IAT and fuel pressure, but will be working on them. If Map1 runs smoother for you then stick with that for now!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#64)
Old

Default 05-23-2020, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Could be fuel pressure cutting out also. We don't have all the channels we'd like on the Jeep models yet including IAT and fuel pressure, but will be working on them. If Map1 runs smoother for you then stick with that for now!
Map 1 is perfect but map 2 when it doesnít cut out feels waaay faster. When I punch it on the highway it doesnít cut out, only from 0-60 it does it. Always willing to be the guinea pig if you need help testing anything.
(#65)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 05-27-2020, 11:16 AM

So after about a month of use i feel like all this did was make my pedal hit wot sooner it doesn’t feel like anything happened. It’s supposed to be 40 more wheel. I’ve talked to guys who try tuning these and the Cherokee supposedly is limited in the first 3 gears to 295 tq by the ecu and no one has cracked it. The Cherokee has a different tuning and ecu from the wrangler. So uhmm what an we do here i paid 500 for increased throttle response?
(#66)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 11:47 AM

I disagree. On map 1 you can feel and see the difference in power. Just look at the Bluetooth app, it’s making more boost on map 1 vs map 0 (off)
(#67)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 11:48 AM

Quote:
I disagree. On map 1 you can feel and see the difference in power. Just look at the Bluetooth app, itís making more boost on map 1 vs map 0 (off)
On a Cherokee ?
(#68)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazynighthawk
On a Cherokee ?
Sorry i didnt see you said cherokee. Do you have the bluetooth app? It should still show a higher amount of boost.
(#69)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Sorry i didnt see you said cherokee. Do you have the bluetooth app? It should still show a higher amount of boost.
I donít have the app but multiple people whove tried tuning these And have tune the v6 ones said the ecu is locked and has. 295 tq limit that hasNt been cracked yet
(#70)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazynighthawk
So after about a month of use i feel like all this did was make my pedal hit wot sooner it doesnít feel like anything happened. Itís supposed to be 40 more wheel. Iíve talked to guys who try tuning these and the Cherokee supposedly is limited in the first 3 gears to 295 tq by the ecu and no one has cracked it. The Cherokee has a different tuning and ecu from the wrangler. So uhmm what an we do here i paid 500 for increased throttle response?
Yes that's why they can't flash tune them and instead need to tune them with a JB4. With the JB4 the car thinks it's making less torque than stock and stays under the limit even at higher power levels.

If you need help tuning yours then get the app/JB4 mobile adapter and post up a log and we'll help you with it!

Burger Motorsports

(#71)
Old

Default 05-27-2020, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Yes that's why they can't flash tune them and instead need to tune them with a JB4. With the JB4 the car thinks it's making less torque than stock and stays under the limit even at higher power levels.

If you need help tuning yours then get the app/JB4 mobile adapter and post up a log and we'll help you with it!
Iíll order a cable then i guess if you can guarantee gains. Because honestly i did. 0-60 stock and with tune bs itís the same
(#72)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-27-2020, 03:53 PM

With a JB4 mobile adapter or at least a cable/laptop you'll be able to change maps including going to stock, so we can do back to back runs, check boost levels on each map, make adjustments if needed, and see where your missing performance is.

Burger Motorsports

(#73)
Old

Car: Jeep JL
Default 05-29-2020, 09:10 PM

Hi

I just received my JB4 today, will be installing it tomorrow morning. Could someone share some feedback on:

how long is the break in process?
Are there any issues if I run 87 by accident? Not like I’m planning but in case someone does.
Can I switch maps on the fly?
For how long do I need to log to have an effective log for evaluation?

I read that a down pipe w/o catalytic will trigger a CEL, any plans to create a Map that’s for a down pipe that hides the CEL? I bought the @F3 down pipe but haven’t install it yet.

Thanks!
(#74)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2020, 10:26 AM

JB4 doesn't require a break in period. Try to avoid 87 octane may cause engine knock and a CEL. You can switch maps on the fly. 40-90mph on a safe private track is a good range for logs.

No plans to do anything with CEL as it's illegal in the USA, sorry.

Burger Motorsports

(#75)
Old

Car: Jeep JL
Default 05-30-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
JB4 doesn't require a break in period. Try to avoid 87 octane may cause engine knock and a CEL. You can switch maps on the fly. 40-90mph on a safe private track is a good range for logs.

No plans to do anything with CEL as it's illegal in the USA, sorry.
Thanks for the quick reply. For how long should I log at 40-90mph? 1-5min or 1hr?