N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 03-31-2020, 11:24 AM

Super easy install, won't take more than 30 minutes for your first time. After that should be 10 mins!

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 03-31-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Super easy install, won't take more than 30 minutes for your first time. After that should be 10 mins!
Is there a guide ? Or instructions ?
(#28)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-01-2020, 07:37 PM

The install guide is on our website.

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...ep_install.pdf

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 04-02-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
The install guide is on our website.

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...ep_install.pdf
Iíll take pics on install and make a video my engine bays a bit different than a wrangler!
Attached Images

(#30)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-02-2020, 08:30 PM

OK great, post up some photos here and we can add them to the guide also!

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Car: 16 BMW M4
Default 04-11-2020, 09:03 PM

Does this work with both the 2.0t and 2.0t with torque?
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2020, 08:10 PM

Yes all 2L Turbo motors.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 04-17-2020, 08:33 AM

I have a JB4 on my M5, if I order one for the Jeep, can I transfer the bluetooth module from the M5? Basically is it the same bluetooth module for all JB4's?
(#34)
Old

Car: 2020 Jeep 2.0L
Default JB4 Issue - 04-20-2020, 06:53 PM

Hello,
I installed the jb4 a few days ago. Since then I've had problems with map 1 through map 3. I have attached all of the results including map 0

The JB4 is the only modification that is on my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0L.

Any ideas on what could possibly be causing what feels like a cut out while acceleration from 0-60?

Thanks,
Cody McNeal
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 0 200420_2109.csv (4.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: csv map 1 200420_2111.csv (4.5 KB, 49 views)
File Type: csv map 2 200420_2114.csv (8.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: csv map 3 200420_2118.csv (5.1 KB, 45 views)
(#35)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-22-2020, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2.0L
Hello,
I installed the jb4 a few days ago. Since then I've had problems with map 1 through map 3. I have attached all of the results including map 0

The JB4 is the only modification that is on my 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0L.

Any ideas on what could possibly be causing what feels like a cut out while acceleration from 0-60?

Thanks,
Cody McNeal
What fuel are you running?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#36)
Old

Default 04-22-2020, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What fuel are you running?

I got the jeep new, never have put anything less then 91, I'm at 7,000 miles.

Last edited by jeep2.0L; 04-22-2020 at 05:50 PM..
(#37)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-22-2020, 08:17 PM

If map1 isn't working no need to go up to map2 or map3.

Let's try this next. Set map6 values to 2.0 across the board, and log map6 for comparison.

Burger Motorsports

(#38)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
If map1 isn't working no need to go up to map2 or map3.

Let's try this next. Set map6 values to 2.0 across the board, and log map6 for comparison.
Ok, Iíll try that and report back this evening. Thanks
(#39)
Old

Default 04-23-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Brandon at Krazyhouse Customs dyno testing our new Jeep 2L JB4 out on his dyno. Solid results on 93 octane vs. stock and got even better on an E30 mix! Will post the E85 mix runs after we make a few more tweaks to it!
Any updates on E85 map tweaks yet? Excited for this
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-23-2020, 01:21 PM

We have a few customers running E30 without issue but it's still being tested. If you have access pump a few gallons in and evaluate. It should benefit each JB4 map.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Car: 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Default 04-25-2020, 08:02 PM

Iím having a stutter/hesitation when I first roll into the throttle. Especially when the Jeep doesnít downshift (high load and boost, lower rpm). I have a ******* ********, 3Ē catback and intake. Running 91 octane with a bit of e85 (roughly 20-25% ethanol). Not sure if these logs show the issue. If not, let me know what to log. It seems the actual boost overshoots target boost on initial throttle tip in and turbo spool. And then you feel like timing is being pulled.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/twiiccpa3w...87%29.csv?dl=0

Last edited by 209hunter; 04-25-2020 at 08:17 PM..
(#42)
Old

Car: Jeep rubicon
Default 05-07-2020, 07:02 PM

Couple questions. I just ordered.

I got the Bluetooth feature. We now have to download the app for $28?

Second question. Map1 is for 91 octane and map 2 for 93 and map 4 is for e85 mix?

I want it to be a safe tune with no worries. Can someone help educate me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Vinnie
(#43)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 05:46 PM

Anyone?
(#44)
Old

Default 05-08-2020, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin

Second question. Map1 is for 91 octane and map 2 for 93 and map 4 is for e85 mix?

I want it to be a safe tune with no worries. Can someone help educate me on this?

Thanks in advance.

Vinnie
Yes you need to pay for the app

Map 1 is always the 91 octane map. I donít know about the other maps.

There is a lot of safeties built in to protect your motor.
(#45)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-08-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinniechin

Thanks in advance.

Vinnie
Yes the smart phone integration is $169 for the adapter and app.

What fuel are you planning on using?

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 05:07 PM

Thanks Terry. I will be running 93 exclusively.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

I run this on my Q50 and this forum should be much busier than it is!

Great product and I will be a proponent for sure.
(#47)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowssm
Yes you need to pay for the app

Map 1 is always the 91 octane map. I donít know about the other maps.

There is a lot of safeties built in to protect your motor.
Thank you! So very much.
(#48)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Yes the smart phone integration is $169 for the adapter and app.

What fuel are you planning on using?
93 octane only. And will the app allow me to Data log? I already bought the Bluetooth adapter from you.

Thanks.

Vinnie
(#49)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-09-2020, 08:05 PM

Yes the app is for logging, map changes, setting changes, firmware updates, etc!

For 93 octane map2 is likely the best fit but a log will confirm.

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 05-09-2020, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Yes the app is for logging, map changes, setting changes, firmware updates, etc!

For 93 octane map2 is likely the best fit but a log will confirm.
Thanks Terry. Once I get it and install I will eventually post a log.

Still breaking it in with 200 miles on it and who knows with the stuff going on when I will finish break in.

I appreciate the quick rely.