N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#501)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tZe
Hi

I was just wondering. If I set Options bit6 (FUD) to on, and use Map 1, does this mean that the JB4 unit is not controlling any of the tuning (boost, AFR, timing etc)?

I already have the JB4 with Bluetooth and love the logging/gauges. I am thinking of trying a couple of different flash maps (both custom and OTS) just for kicks. I was wondering if I could just load the flash map and use the JB4 purely for logging/gauges.

For example. I want to try BMS/MHD OTS tune. I load the tune in, set FUD bit6 and Map 1. Will this work? I don't want the JB4 interfering with the flash map in any way.
You can always use map0 to fully disable the JB4 and use it for logging only.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#502)
Old

Car: F32 440i
Default 05-30-2020, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can always use map0 to fully disable the JB4 and use it for logging only.
I didn't know I could do that on Map0; learn something new everyday. However, I think the live gauges would not work on map 0 right? I need to use Map 1 with FUD6 on?
(#503)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-30-2020, 12:42 PM

Right if you want in dash guages. App works on map 0 though for logging.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#504)
Old

Car: 2020 m340i
Default 06-20-2020, 01:52 PM

Hi Terry,

I just got my MHD OBD2 wifi connector, I have a JB4 on my m340i right now. I also have the MHDF+G app on my iPhone. I see the setting for BEF and jb4. Could you answer a few questions for me or just put me on the right path here.

Thank you in advance
(#505)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-21-2020, 03:36 PM

For G20 email us for the specific map as it's not posted in this bundle yet. Uses the same map as our Supra BEF.

Burger Motorsports

(#506)
Old

Car: 120i
Default 06-21-2020, 08:14 PM

Is it possible to have METH on when in map 0? I tried different meth safety and trigger but cannot get any meth flow in map 0 no matter the setting.

For now I am using map 6 with all all setting disable or set to 0 as much as I can or know how. But I would prefer to use map 0, if I can get METH working on MAP 0 that is ideal for my setup.

Also is it possible to make a log using lets say BM3, with meth working but without JB4 connected to ODB, even in a more simple mode, like if boost > 12 psi, then flow 80%. I understand that without ODB the JB4 will no have RPM so progressive meth will not function, however it does know boost, so it can still do a simple boost dependent meth control.

The reason why I need this is that meth will influence the boost control and fuel trims, so I would like to get the full BM3 logs with the boost control PID info with meth flow for better custom tuning of the boost control in BM3. Right now I go back and forth between JB4 with meth, and BM3 without meth many times, to get it dialed in but that takes a lot more time, and I do not really like doing too many pulls without meth, it would be much better if JB4 allowed customizing tuning with meth flowing for those of us using JB4 as a meth controller + daily logger .
(#507)
Old

Car: Zhp 340 Ď18
Default Customizing map 6 - 06-22-2020, 03:35 AM

When customizing map 6 on jb4 do need to touch fuel bias / duty bias? Also what is recommended to set starting for rest of the values
B58 340

Which BEF to use?

RACE: Intended for most applications including good pump gas fuel like 93 octane up through 30% E85 mixtures, can also be used with WMI.

PUMP: Intended for lower grade fuels such as 89-91 octane or in applications where less overall timing advance is needed than RACE.

E40-E60: Intended for most E85 mixtures.

STRAIGHT-85: Intended for those customers running 100% E85 generally in conjunction with the TU or upgraded high pressure fuel pump.

WMI: Indicates a decaying fuel scalar for vehicles equipped with higher volume WMI or CPI systems.

PURE: Indicates mapping intended for use with PS2 and other larger turbo options.

JB4 B58 map guide as of v13+ firmware:

Note Options (formerly FutureUseD) bit6 must be enabled for correct mapping when flashed

Map0: Stock tuning, fully disable JB4
Map1: Flash mapping with JB4 active for in dash gauges, boost by gear, CAN flap, etc
Map2: Absolute target map peak boost of 16psi
Map3: Absolute target map peak boost of 18psi
Map4: Absolute target map peak boost of 20psi
Map5: Absolute target map peak boost of 22psi
Map6: Custom tuning map allowing both additive (below 10psi) and absolute (above 10psi) targeting
Map7: WMI map (boost varies based on WMI additive and map settings)
Map8: VALET/Low boost safety map
(#508)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMM
Is it possible to have METH on when in map 0? I tried different meth safety and trigger but cannot get any meth flow in map 0 no matter the setting.

For now I am using map 6 with all all setting disable or set to 0 as much as I can or know how. But I would prefer to use map 0, if I can get METH working on MAP 0 that is ideal for my setup.

Also is it possible to make a log using lets say BM3, with meth working but without JB4 connected to ODB, even in a more simple mode, like if boost > 12 psi, then flow 80%. I understand that without ODB the JB4 will no have RPM so progressive meth will not function, however it does know boost, so it can still do a simple boost dependent meth control.

The reason why I need this is that meth will influence the boost control and fuel trims, so I would like to get the full BM3 logs with the boost control PID info with meth flow for better custom tuning of the boost control in BM3. Right now I go back and forth between JB4 with meth, and BM3 without meth many times, to get it dialed in but that takes a lot more time, and I do not really like doing too many pulls without meth, it would be much better if JB4 allowed customizing tuning with meth flowing for those of us using JB4 as a meth controller + daily logger .
With latest JB4 firmware meth trigger = 4 allows meth to flow regardless of map or OBDII status.

Burger Motorsports

(#509)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-22-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 510W_MPP340
When customizing map 6 on jb4 do need to touch fuel bias / duty bias? Also what is recommended to set starting for rest of the values
B58 340
Just the boost levels you want, fuel bias and duty bias won't be changed.

Burger Motorsports

(#510)
Old

Car: Zhp 340 Ď18
Default 06-23-2020, 04:33 AM

What kind of a fuel pump does a Ď18 B58B30M0 have? Is it actually worth replacing with a90 Supraís?
(#511)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-23-2020, 08:41 PM

I think the TU pump didn't start until the G20 and Supra. If you have a fuel pressure issue then yes it's worthwhile. But use your own log as a guide.

Burger Motorsports

(#512)
Old

Car: 2019 X3 M40i
Default 08-04-2020, 11:11 AM

Newbie here so sorry in advanced but I am learning so much from you guys so thank you!!!

I have a 2019 X3 M40i (daily driver) with a JB4 and a K&N closed air filter. I only run 93 octane. I was told by Burger to just run map 3 and have fun and that I am!

Iím reading a lot about BEF and thinking about adding the MHD BEF to get a little more excitement. I donít plan on making modifications to the exhaust, or start mixing fuels as thatís a little over my head right now. With that being said, what kind of benefits would I see adding the MHD BEF? More HP? more torque? Boost? Changes in gear shifting?

Also, are the maps now dialed in for plug and play with the kinks worked out and pretty safe now? Iím not experienced enough to make a lot of adjustments.

Thanks!
(#513)
Old

Car: 340i
Default BEF JB4 issues - 08-14-2020, 10:07 AM

When I try to upload these maps Iíve attached I get the error that Iíve also attached. Iím new to this. First of all the files Donít appear the right size.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam
(#514)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 08-15-2020, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPUKiller
When I try to upload these maps Iíve attached I get the error that Iíve also attached. Iím new to this. First of all the files Donít appear the right size.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sam
No attachments? Can't help if we can't see what's wrong.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
(#515)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-15-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thechrisjones
Newbie here so sorry in advanced but I am learning so much from you guys so thank you!!!

I have a 2019 X3 M40i (daily driver) with a JB4 and a K&N closed air filter. I only run 93 octane. I was told by Burger to just run map 3 and have fun and that I am!

Iím reading a lot about BEF and thinking about adding the MHD BEF to get a little more excitement. I donít plan on making modifications to the exhaust, or start mixing fuels as thatís a little over my head right now. With that being said, what kind of benefits would I see adding the MHD BEF? More HP? more torque? Boost? Changes in gear shifting?

Also, are the maps now dialed in for plug and play with the kinks worked out and pretty safe now? Iím not experienced enough to make a lot of adjustments.

Thanks!
It depends on the situation we're able to improve response, hold more power up top, you can enable MHD's flash options if you want like exhaust burbles, remove the speed limiter, etc.

Burger Motorsports

(#516)
Old

Car: BMW 135i
Default BEF map 2 - 08-17-2020, 04:13 PM

just loadead bef race. jb4 on map 2.
feels strong and consistent.

please check logs ok

just 98 ron fuel and burger open intake.
M240i
Attached Files
File Type: csv P58_M2_R3_200817_1918.csv (49.4 KB, 33 views)
(#517)
Old

Car: BMW M240
Default MHD Flash end for M240i - 09-11-2020, 10:28 AM

Hello!

I have recenlty flashed my M240i with the MHD flasher licence. All went super good.

Now im looking to upload the JB4 Maps or looking to get a custom one.

Can you help me on this one, should i just go and upload the maps contained in the link above "http://n54tech.com/flash_files/mhd_b58_backend.zip"?

Or is ther any other process i should follow?

Thanks!
(#518)
Old

Car: BMW G30 520i 2019
Default 09-14-2020, 06:01 PM

Is there anything in the works for those with B48 engines ?
(#519)
Old

Car: 2016 340i Xi
Default BEF with TU HPFP - 10-07-2020, 10:26 AM

If you replace the 2016 HPFP with the newer TU (supra, M340i) HPFP do you still need to check the Dorch HPFP check box in the MHD BEF settings?

Also what HP/ mods would a newer TU HPFP support?