N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old

Car: kia stringer
Default 05-17-2020, 09:50 PM

If I have access to e-85 is WMI of any significant value to me? What are the typical gains over an e-30 blend on map 4? Thanks. Do I have to goto a higher than 49/51 meth mixture to see said gains?
(#102)
Old

Car: 2019 STINGER
Default 05-17-2020, 10:09 PM

Still helpful for IAT and higher octane. Cleaner intake valves also. Wmi is a big supporting mod
(#103)
Old

Default 05-18-2020, 06:54 AM

If it helps with IAT does that mean that an intercooler upgrade is of less of a value once running WMI?
(#104)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 05-18-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonland
If it helps with IAT does that mean that an intercooler upgrade is of less of a value once running WMI?
Lower IATs are always good
(#105)
Old
Tuner

Default 05-18-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
If I have access to e-85 is WMI of any significant value to me? What are the typical gains over an e-30 blend on map 4? Thanks. Do I have to goto a higher than 49/51 meth mixture to see said gains?
WMI has less of a benefit on E85 but still can knock off a 1th or two in the 1/4. Especially in warmer weather. But the gains are not like those massive 30-40whp gains you see if limited to pump gas.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#106)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 09:21 PM

I ended up picking up the WMI kit and glad I did. Took .2 seconds off quarter and 0-60 with 116mph trap vs prior 114mph.

Now I'm wondering what addition meth tuning there is available. I upped the water/meth mixture to 20/80 and have additive value around 65. Any more options to tweak?
(#107)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3 AWD Sport
Default 06-26-2020, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I ended up picking up the WMI kit and glad I did. Took .2 seconds off quarter and 0-60 with 116mph trap vs prior 114mph.

Now I'm wondering what addition meth tuning there is available. I upped the water/meth mixture to 20/80 and have additive value around 65. Any more options to tweak?

Get EWG connectors and tweak your boost profile next, if you haven't done so already!
(#108)
Old

Default 06-26-2020, 09:53 PM

I have EWG connectors but never changed them beyond default recommended values. Don't want to high jack this thread but if it is tuning that relates to WMI I assume it is ok.
(#109)
Old

Car: Stinger GT
Default 06-26-2020, 10:58 PM

Quote:

If timings are good increase the additive.
You may want to share a log for tuning advice.
(#110)
Old

Car: Genesis G70 3.3 AWD Sport
Default 06-27-2020, 12:24 AM

Yeah, of timing looks good at the 65 additive, you can tweak the boost profile with your EWG control. Or you can try increasing the additive. But, I think the EWG control gives you more fine tunability of the boost.

Last edited by Toddasaurus; 06-27-2020 at 04:21 AM..
(#111)
Old

Default 06-27-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atr1
If timings are good increase the additive.
You may want to share a log for tuning advice.
Here is on with additive already at 75. Ign look good not alot of room but looks like I could use a lb or two.

What EWG settings should I modify to get a bit more out of it?
Attached Files
File Type: csv P21_M7_R1_200623_2117.csv (10.0 KB, 43 views)
(#112)
Old

Default 07-11-2020, 11:06 AM

Any and is so what advantage to having the wmi be injected right after the FMIC like on the BSM FMIC 1/8" NPT bung?

Thanks
(#113)
Old
Tuner

Default 07-19-2020, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Any and is so what advantage to having the wmi be injected right after the FMIC like on the BSM FMIC 1/8" NPT bung?

Thanks
Usually the further away from the throttle the better distribution can be, but in practice, we haven't found a lot of difference in performance between our chargepipe MAP sensor adapter and the intercooler bung. The IC bung provides more space for things like the Fuel-IT CPI kit and also cost savings for those who are running WMI so they don't need to buy our separate MAP adapter. Unless they want to.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#114)
Old

Car: 2019 AWDGT2
Default Installing WMI tonight - 08-11-2020, 04:43 PM

I have a few questions
Questions.
1. My kit came with either a diode or a transistor with the center pin cut. What is that for? I can't find that in any instructions. If it's a diode is it directional?
3. Could the PDF instructions be updated to include the drill bit and tap size needed for the 1 Gal tank? I found it buried from one of the admins replies but if it was in the instructions that would be great.
2. Could the instructions be updated to reflect the current maps, they refer to the old ones and it's confusing.
(#115)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-12-2020, 07:56 PM

That mounts to the pump positive and negative, it's covered in the meth install PDF!

The guide also tells you the pump uses 1/8" NPT for the tap. Do you have the current guide?

Burger Motorsports

(#116)
Old

Default 08-13-2020, 04:15 AM

Hey Terry,
I was looking at an old pdf, it was linked in this thread. I found the newer one on your Burger site. The tap was the tank fitting which is 1/4", thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
The rectifier wiring is not there in the pdf though. Ando sent me a camera shot yesterday of how its wired, the picture attached is from him. BUT, I've been known to miss stuff before...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
That mounts to the pump positive and negative, it's covered in the meth install PDF!

The guide also tells you the pump uses 1/8" NPT for the tap. Do you have the current guide?
Attached Images

Last edited by AWDGT2; 08-13-2020 at 06:17 AM..
(#117)
Old

Car: Stinger GT AWD
Default 08-24-2020, 09:55 PM

The Plug in and Play WMI Nozzle Adapter is shown to be backordred. Any update on when that will be in stock, I wanted to pick up a BMW wmi kit but was wondering when that is coming back along with the billet vent cap.
(#118)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 08-30-2020, 04:56 PM

Weird question but what kind of flow should I be seeing when I purge? It seems like my WMI is flowing weak so I pulled the nozzle and watched the fluid purge and itís only pushing a small trickle. Iím not expecting a full stream but it looks weaker than I had guessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7y...ature=youtu.be
(#119)
Old

Car: 2020 Kia Forte GT
Default 08-31-2020, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
Weird question but what kind of flow should I be seeing when I purge? It seems like my WMI is flowing weak so I pulled the nozzle and watched the fluid purge and itís only pushing a small trickle. Iím not expecting a full stream but it looks weaker than I had guessed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW7y...ature=youtu.be
Which way is the filter on the solenoid pointing?
(#120)
Old

Car: RS400
Default 08-31-2020, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djfourmonie
Which way is the filter on the solenoid pointing?
Itís pointing towards the injector.
(#121)
Old

Default 08-31-2020, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N20_to_VR30
Itís pointing towards the injector.
Totally unsure what would cause poor flow. What happens if you remove the solenoid from the system and go from the pump directly to the nozzle adapter?
(#122)
Old

Car: 2019 Stinger
Default 09-08-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Hey Terry,
I was looking at an old pdf, it was linked in this thread. I found the newer one on your Burger site. The tap was the tank fitting which is 1/4", thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
The rectifier wiring is not there in the pdf though. Ando sent me a camera shot yesterday of how its wired, the picture attached is from him. BUT, I've been known to miss stuff before...
Terry, I bought the stealth kit about 2 months ago...mine did not come with these wires. Was it supposed to?
(#123)
Old

Default MB nozzles - 09-09-2020, 08:14 PM

Does anyone know what the actual flow rate is on the BM5 - BM7 - and BM10 nozzles are? Either is cc or ml??
(#124)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDGT2
Does anyone know what the actual flow rate is on the BM5 - BM7 - and BM10 nozzles are? Either is cc or ml??
As far as I know most of the parts supplied to Burger for their kits come from Cooling Mist.

So the CM7 or CM10 is the same as a BM7 (640cc) or a BM10 (940cc)

That is why I came to the conclusion I did with my recommendation.
(#125)
Old

Default 09-10-2020, 10:03 AM

Thanks again DJ edit....
I chatted with BMS, their BM5, BM7 is a Gal an hour nozzle rating. Math conversion comes out a bit different. 5/gph = 315cc, 7/gph = 440cc. Though the real world actual flow could of been measured and do match the CM ratings?

Last edited by AWDGT2; 09-11-2020 at 08:27 AM.. Reason: Addition