N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: E92 335i 6MT
Red face Could I get a second look at my logs? :) - 10-12-2020, 02:23 PM

Hi guys, first post here but been lurking awhile! Might as well start from the beginning as i’m sure it’ll help any of you determine what you may about my logs. After almost a year of looking for one, I found an E92 335i 6MT I was content with purchasing. Since then I’ve been slowly getting it squared away. So far i’ve done two new water pumps + thermostats (... yup), radiator, upper and lower rad hose, bank 2 injectors (index 12 from fcp, #4 was leaking), lpfp and sensor, and now a new valve cover + vtt pcv valve. Car is 100% stock, using 93 octane on stock tune. After replacing my valve cover on saturday, put the car back together, ran it until warm and took an MHD log. Now, from what i’ve learned just reading over the past few months, the log is not terrible but could be better. Mostly right now i’m concerned about timing corrections and fuel trims. I am by no means an expert and am open to anything you guys may find me wrong. I believe a datazap link is best? Log is here: *********** | E92Dave | Post New Valve Cover

Edit: BTW car has no lights, no codes, nothing. On start up, car is sometimes a little bit rough (can barely feel it), but always drives fine.

Last edited by MyN54isSlow; 10-12-2020 at 03:05 PM..
(#2)
Old

Default 10-12-2020, 05:50 PM

Multiple hours and 47 views and nobody has anything to say? Please?
(#3)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 10-12-2020, 07:39 PM

I'm not an expert-but nothing is looking too alarming. The STFTs track closely on both banks, the corrections are not tiny but not huge either. You're only seeing timing corrections on three different cylinders at once (and on different banks) and those corrections are fairly small.

I think you'd need expert guidance if you want to start 'improving' this.
(#4)
Old

Default 10-12-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleBravo
I'm not an expert-but nothing is looking too alarming. The STFTs track closely on both banks, the corrections are not tiny but not huge either. You're only seeing timing corrections on three different cylinders at once (and on different banks) and those corrections are fairly small.

I think you'd need expert guidance if you want to start 'improving' this.
Thank you for the reply, and while I admit nothing is alarming per say, I understand no timing corrections is ideal, was curious if based on the logs anyone had an idea. At first I thought it might be going over boost target or iats but I didnít see anything that really confirmed that. Also, I noticed my stft 1 hit 13 before I started the pull and was curious if anyone had anything to say about that. Lastly, which I forgot to mention in the original post, the shape of my rail pressure graph does not look similar to others iíve seen. While it never drops past 1800psi (other than idle/fuel cut) it seems to have a downward trend as the rpms increase after the initial spike at the beginning of the pull. Nonetheless if someone else agrees that these look okay, let the modding begin!
(#5)
Old

Car: M135i
Default 10-12-2020, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyN54isSlow
Thank you for the reply, and while I admit nothing is alarming per say, I understand no timing corrections is ideal, was curious if based on the logs anyone had an idea. At first I thought it might be going over boost target or iats but I didnít see anything that really confirmed that. Also, I noticed my stft 1 hit 13 before I started the pull and was curious if anyone had anything to say about that. Lastly, which I forgot to mention in the original post, the shape of my rail pressure graph does not look similar to others iíve seen. While it never drops past 1800psi (other than idle/fuel cut) it seems to have a downward trend as the rpms increase after the initial spike at the beginning of the pull. Nonetheless if someone else agrees that these look okay, let the modding begin!
I'm no expert for sure, but my understanding is/was that small timing corrections on upto three cyls at once were little to worry about (especially on different banks).