N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2008 BMW 335i
Default Help with 4 port MAC - 10-03-2020, 09:59 PM

Hey everyone,

Been reading posts for a couple years now but have never posted anything until now. So I recently got my single turbo setup completed, but am having issues getting the 4 port MAC solenoid running right. I get the click, and I get the proper voltages as I press the pedal down. Have the correct JB4 firmware loaded and the regular BEF, Single Turbo Pump, not the THR.

I've got a supposedly 14 PSI spring in my gate, but it's opening at around 5 PSI on Map 0 and Map 1. So maybe it's a 5 psi spring, I dunno. Anyway, when go to Map 2 I'm only getting 9-10 PSI. I've set DWP to 75, and then I set FF to 20 to let it learn from there. But I'm having trouble figuring out the behavior of the solenoid based on the logs and the way it's acting.

Logs attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 201003_1432.csv (7.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 201003_1424.csv (16.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: csv 201003_1415.csv (7.3 KB, 4 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 10-05-2020, 01:59 PM

Does the JB4 even support the 4 port MAC? It would seem it does, since they offer it pre-fitted with the proper harness from BMS. But does the regular MAC single turbo firmware work with it? Or is there a special firmware for it?

Also, the wgdc is running down at like 15-20 during a pull. I know that 0% means the solenoid is fully open and 100% means it is fully closed. So at 20% wgdc, that means the solenoid is almost fully open. So when the 4 port is fully open, does that mean only a little air is flowing to the top of the wastegate and full air is going to the bottom? Or vice versa?

Is 20% duty cycle a lot or a little in this case?
(#3)
Old

Default Yesterday, 09:29 AM

Can anyone please help? Terry? Sorry I was trying to fix a coolant leak for a while so I had to deal with that. I’ll take another longer log today and post it.

The issue is, I have a 4 port MAC and can’t hit my boost targets. It’s like the pressure going to the top of the wastegate isn’t enough to keep it closed. And it will kind of make this fluttering noise during a pull.

Thank you ��
(#4)
Old

Default New Log (little better) - Today, 08:38 AM

Ok so here is that log. Looks like I was able to hit 14.6 PSI this time on Map 2 at 30% WGDC. Does anyone see anything that I'm missing? Low and high fuel pressures both look good to me. AFRs look good to me. Do I just need to keep doing runs?

Thank you!
Attached Files
File Type: csv 201020_2216.csv (32.4 KB, 1 views)