N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#301)
Old

Car: c63
Default 08-09-2020, 05:24 PM

Do you guys know what code 2279 and 152c are?

Iíve had that code come up several times now and I canít find any info on it. Itís usually in the morning when I first start the car. Shortly after the first start it will start misfiring and run rough, then when I restart the car those codes pop up. Once cleared the misfires go away and I wonít get the codes for a few weeks. I want to say it happens every time I fill up with 93 + e85 blend but canít say for sure. Any one else with those codes?
(#302)
Old

Car: 2014 335i M-Sport
Default 08-14-2020, 01:50 PM

I have the same issue. Google search reveals Vacuum leak, PCV Valve or hose cracked or leaking which highly doubt. I really have no idea. I am really starting to think our cars don't like E85. When I run 93 octane only for a bit. All is well, till I put e30 in the tank, then CELs stream in along with rough idle and performance. Really strange.

2018 C63s AMG
JB4 E30, Pedal Tuner
(#303)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-14-2020, 02:34 PM

E85 with the platform is hit and miss. Creates a lot more stress on the fuel system and to a lesser degree plugs. If it's causing issues just keep lowering the mixture until they stop.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#304)
Old

Default 08-16-2020, 03:14 PM

What is the recommended spark plug and gaping for this platform? A tech from Weistec recommended the NGK SILZKBR8D8S Iridium Spark Plug and stated although for BMW works great on the C63s. Any thoughts? Should I just replace with OEM original plugs from Mercedes?

2018 C63s AMG
JB4 E30, Pedal Tuner
(#305)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2020, 02:57 PM

On the plugs OEM are fine but close the gap down to 0.020 - 0.022".

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#306)
Old

Default 08-18-2020, 07:45 AM

Thank you.

2018 C63s AMG
JB4 E30, Pedal Tuner
(#307)
Old

Car: 2016 c63s
Default E85 Mixtures? - 09-08-2020, 11:27 AM

Hey guys!

New to forum. Recently purchased a 2016 c63s. Through a catback exhaust and k&n filters on and expecting the JB4 tuner soon. Curious what are the recommended tunes for E85 mixtures and what are the exact mixtures for what tune?

Looks like there's a map for 30% E85?

Is there map/tune to run full E85? Is that possible with stock fuel pumps/injectors?
(#308)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-08-2020, 02:40 PM

The most you can run is around a 30% mix, but fuel pressure can be an issue. I'd start with 20-30%, map2, and log to evaluate it.

Burger Motorsports

(#309)
Old

Car: C63 AMG
Default 09-18-2020, 02:18 PM

Hello.

Has anybody had an issue where installing Jb4 on 2019 C63 AMG caused active brake assists functions to be disabled/limited including active suspension faults?

Had new wheels, *********, and JB4 installed. I don't see how the first two could have anything to do with something electronic.

Any ideas?
(#310)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2020, 08:44 AM

You can unplug OBDII and remove it off the CANbus all together for testing but don't see how it could be related. Seems more likely something was knocked loose during the wheel/exhaust work.

Burger Motorsports

(#311)
Old

Car: C63 AMG
Default 09-19-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
You can unplug OBDII and remove it off the CANbus all together for testing but don't see how it could be related. Seems more likely something was knocked loose during the wheel/exhaust work.
To confirm, JB4 had nothing to do with it.

Took it to Mercedes this morning is it was a fault clock spring.

I'll be shooting over logs to you after this Tuesday.

It's a 2019 C63 so it has the new 9 speed.
(#312)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-19-2020, 04:36 PM

Easy fix

Burger Motorsports

(#313)
Old

Car: 2016 c63s
Default 10-05-2020, 01:35 PM

Has anyone purchased and ran the WMI kit?

If so did you run the car and or put it on a dyno?

If so what were the results?