N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: BMW E82 135I
Default LOG REVIEW PLEASE - 07-17-2020, 06:52 PM

Hi All

Is it possible this log could be reviewed? Jb4 switched map 5 to 4, looks like around the time of boost increase over 20psi.(boost spike?)
I understand that a 3rd gear wot log may be required.

I have a Stage 2 fuel-it bucket type pump ordered and waiting arrival.

I have previously done a smoke test on intake and observing leak at cold side of intercooler. I've replaced the oring and havent observed any issues since but havent done any extensively long wot's for some time.

Appreciate any feedback.

Cheers
Jeff

Current Mods:
INTERCOOLER Wagner Evo 1. (520mm x 210mm x 130mm / stepped = 11.752 cm³ ), providing a 85% larger cooling surface & 60% more charge air volume

AIR INTAKE Magnum Force Stage 2 Pro

******* 3inch ********* with H pipe & M BMW Performance Muffler (18102208805)

CATCH CAN BMS

ALLOY CHARGE PIPE with Alloy Bov's

JB4 Gen 5 with Bluetooth

MHD Back End Flash (JB4 IJEOS PUMP)

SPARKPLUGS NGK ILZKBR7B8DG

ALPINA TRANS REFLASH

100 Octane Fuel

Sent from JB4 mobile for Android.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M5_R1_200718_115924.csv (14.6 KB, 27 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 07-18-2020, 06:45 AM

Correct on the overboost

Manually lower your FF to 80 see if that helps keep you close to target

If it learns back up to 150- we need to investigate whY

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default 07-18-2020, 02:03 PM

Many thanks Dave, will adjust and see how it goes
(#4)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-18-2020, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNUT
Many thanks Dave, will adjust and see how it goes
No problem, enjoy the weekend

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5)
Old

Default Found possible fault - 08-21-2020, 08:00 PM

Hi Dave.
I lowered my ff to 80, fitted the stage 2 pump and changed to map 7 and its gone to 87 so far. I have carried out another smoke test for potential air leaks and I found one on the non metered Air from filter to rear turbo compressor housing, obviously not the issue but... Found a crack in rocker cover just below the PCV. Smoke poured out of the crack.. This will cause issues... Yes? I've attached a pic. Appreciate your feed back. Cheers Jeff

Last edited by BMWNUT; 08-21-2020 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: Add pic
(#6)
Old

Default Found possible fault - 08-21-2020, 08:05 PM

Hi Dave.
I lowered my ff to 80, fitted the stage 2 pump and changed to map 7 and its gone to 87 so far. I have carried out another smoke test for potential air leaks and I found one on the non metered Air from filter to rear turbo compressor housing, obviously not the issue but... Found a crack in rocker cover just below the PCV. Smoke poured out of the crack.. This will cause issues... Yes? I've attached a pic. Appreciate your feed back. Cheers Jeff
Attached Images

(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-22-2020, 05:43 AM

Yeah that can cause issues

Throw up a log, let’s make sure outside the leak all looks okay

Burger Motorsports

(#8)
Old

Default Valve Cover Replaced - 10-04-2020, 08:14 PM

Hi Dave. I've installed a genuine new valve cover. Reset my FF to 80, it has raised again over a few 100 k's to 103 and dropped from map 7 to map 4 during a wide open pull in a high rpm which showed a boost spike up to 21psi. No fault codes present, no running issues. As I know I need to provide a decent log for you my question is, do I reflash the mhd bef to select 'no automatic kickdown' or is there a simpler way? Sorry if this is a silly question, the logs I've tried override and kickdown from 3rd to 2nd. Thanks in advance for I help. Cheers Jeff
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-05-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWNUT
Hi Dave. I've installed a genuine new valve cover. Reset my FF to 80, it has raised again over a few 100 k's to 103 and dropped from map 7 to map 4 during a wide open pull in a high rpm which showed a boost spike up to 21psi. No fault codes present, no running issues. As I know I need to provide a decent log for you my question is, do I reflash the mhd bef to select 'no automatic kickdown' or is there a simpler way? Sorry if this is a silly question, the logs I've tried override and kickdown from 3rd to 2nd. Thanks in advance for I help. Cheers Jeff
Reflash is the easiest, should only take 2 min cause it isn’t a full back to oem write

Burger Motorsports