N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2017 BMW 540i
Default "Unable to Determine Status" & "Oil Reset Impossible" after JB4 + MHD BEF - 08-11-2020, 01:12 PM

I recently added a MHD BEF to the JB4 on my 540i G30. Everything has been running smooth but I got a "Unable to Determine Status" in iDrive and "Oil Reset Impossible" immediately after the flash.

I've tried the following so far:
  • Flashing back to stock
  • Using Carly app to reset oil life (won't let me click anything on that tab)
  • Took the car to a Indy shop where they tried to hook up to the ODB to reset oil life (no luck but they recommended me to try to reinstall software for $300)

I've reached out to BMS and MHD but no luck so far. Has anyone fixed this issue before and what are some other things I can try? My next step is to try to reinstall software but I'm afraid I will have the exact same issue as soon as redo the BEF.
(#2)
Old

Car: M240i
Default 08-12-2020, 08:13 PM

Never seen anything like this and I've reflashed my car 20+ times while making adjustments. MHD flash is through MHD... Burger supplies complimentary backend files, but that doesn't control the flashing software. MHD would be your contact.

That being stated, if you've flashed back to stock successfully according to MHD APP, all should be back to normal. If the car starts and drives, then that proves it. Seems like your issue lies elsewhere.

Sometimes I have to reset codes after a flash. I do that using the JB4. I haven't been able to get MHD APP to work on that. I never tried other scanners to clear codes. Hope this helps a bit.

AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
(#3)
Old

Car: 540i
Default 08-24-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangbmw540i
I recently added a MHD BEF to the JB4 on my 540i G30. Everything has been running smooth but I got a "Unable to Determine Status" in iDrive and "Oil Reset Impossible" immediately after the flash.

I've tried the following so far:
  • Flashing back to stock
  • Using Carly app to reset oil life (won't let me click anything on that tab)
  • Took the car to a Indy shop where they tried to hook up to the ODB to reset oil life (no luck but they recommended me to try to reinstall software for $300)

I've reached out to BMS and MHD but no luck so far. Has anyone fixed this issue before and what are some other things I can try? My next step is to try to reinstall software but I'm afraid I will have the exact same issue as soon as redo the BEF.
I have exactly the same issue on 2017 540i, Did you ever resolve this? I sent email to MHD and haven't heard back with solution yet.
(#4)
Old

Default 08-25-2020, 04:09 AM

I have not solved it and decided just to live with it until I decide to try the software reinstall which I suspect the problem will come back after doing the flash again. When I emailed MHD they told me they couldn't help and to contact BMS. BMS had no idea on how to resolve the issue and suggested I post on here for further help. Hopefully we can find a solution. I'm sure we are not the only ones with this problem.

My 540i is a 2017 as well
(#5)
Old

Default 08-29-2020, 07:44 AM

Got mine fixed!

Emailed MHD and they provided a new coding file. I have an iPhone thatís jailbroken so it was easy to replace the coding file with Filza but without that, not sure how it can be solved without them updating the app.

They provided a YOURVIN_coding.xml file that replaced the existing one. I flashed the JB4 BEF with same map again and oil monitoring started working again.
(#6)
Old

Default 08-29-2020, 07:46 AM

Pics
Attached Images

(#7)
Old

Default 08-29-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx
Got mine fixed!

Emailed MHD and they provided a new coding file. I have an iPhone thatís jailbroken so it was easy to replace the coding file with Filza but without that, not sure how it can be solved without them updating the app.

They provided a YOURVIN_coding.xml file that replaced the existing one. I flashed the JB4 BEF with same map again and oil monitoring started working again.
Wow I wish they would've sent me that as well. Do you mind helping me out? Sending you a PM now. Thanks