N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2020 M340i
Default BMS Billet Intake for 2019+ G20 B58 BMW M340i - 08-07-2020, 11:04 AM

Anyone having fit up issues with this intake? I have 2 concerns; 1. The mounting bracket to housing geometry is a very poor fit up. You have to stretch the convoluted tube that is connected to the compressor inlet too far. The convoluted tube will fail over time due to excessive loading allowing unfiltered air to enter the turbo compressor. An intermediate bracket will fix the issue, but BMS should fix the issue. I have tried to contact BMS, but with no responses for weeks.
2.The outlet diameter of the machined aluminum housing (MAF is attached to) is too small. Any fluid or air conducting joint should have a slight interference fit to avoid leakage. I will build up the area under the clamp with high temp electrical tape to correct if BMS can offer a fix for item 1.
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Hi Bruce,

We've got plenty out there without issue including on our in house G20 which we have photos posted. But I recall your email a couple weeks ago and Jason should have replied to let you know we're working on a couple revisions here to address any fitment concerns on the G20 and will provide an update once complete. Sorry the message somehow didn't get relayed back to you. It's been a madhouse around here lately.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-10-2020, 06:03 PM

Still no reply to the email we sent you a few days ago, seems you are unable to receive emails...

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 2020 M340i
Default BMS B58 Air Intake fit up - 08-12-2020, 06:42 PM

Sorry for the late response, I had issues logging back into the forum.
I am glad that BMS is looking into the G20 fit up issue. Please note the following observations;
When making the connection to the rubber inlet tube, it should be in a zero energy state, that is, neither in compression or tension. You can make the connection quite easily when the rubber tube is hot, but nearly impossible when at room temp. This means that when the engine torques in a CCW direction, the rubber tube that is already in tension, extends further and tension is increased. This will reduce the the fatigue life of the rubber inlet tube. I have witnessed numerous Charge Air Tube prototype assemblies fail a Ford Key Life Stroke test because this principle wasn’t followed.
I will continue to keep the OE set up installed unless a fit up fix is provided.
Bruce
(#5)
Old
Tuner

Default 08-17-2020, 10:46 AM

We'll throw up a post when the revision is ready for you.

Burger Motorsports