N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Ke90 Ke90 is offline
B58_Dude
 
Posts: 57
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: M240i
Default LPFP Replacement Upgrade - 04-14-2020, 04:59 PM

Has anyone replaced their Low Pressure Fuel Pump?

Preferably on the M240i or similar. Currently upgraded HPFP but eventually I want to run full E85 and the LPFP will need to be upgraded.

I have had great results with E50 blend and will be going to E60 then E70 to see if fuel can keep up.

Just wanted to see if anyone has done this before and get a good discussion going!
Reply With Quote
(#2)
Old
Ke90 Ke90 is offline
B58_Dude
 
Posts: 57
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: M240i
Default 08-14-2020, 12:59 PM

If anyone is following this. Here is one from Vader Solutions

https://vadersolution.com/collection...ge-3-fuel-pump

Here is a review of the install from NoClutch Garage
STAGE 3 LOW PRESSURE FUEL PUMP BY VADER SOLUTIONS - COMPLETE INSTALLATION GUIDE - YouTube

I did reach out to Walbro to see if their universal one will fit. No response yet. Also, reached out to Vader solution for pump specifications because I couldn't find anything on website; no response yet.
Reply With Quote
(#3)
Old
JBoe JBoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: May 2018
Car: M240i
Default 08-15-2020, 04:57 PM

To my knowledge, M240 only has the one pump. Am I wrong on that? Many have upgraded to the Supra pump and some are running full E85. Most run a high blend E50ish after upgrading the pump.

That's been my experience.


AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
Reply With Quote
(#4)
Old
VipinLJ VipinLJ is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 108
Join Date: Feb 2020
Car: G20 330i, F25 X3, B9 SQ5, C7.5 A7
Default 08-15-2020, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
To my knowledge, M240 only has the one pump. Am I wrong on that? Many have upgraded to the Supra pump and some are running full E85. Most run a high blend E50ish after upgrading the pump.

That's been my experience.
I thought the LPFP is the one in the fuel tank? I thought all cars had two FPs?


Current:
2020 BMW 330i xDrive
2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige
2017 Audi A7 Prestige
2016 BMW X3 xDrive28i
Reply With Quote
(#5)
Old
JBoe JBoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: May 2018
Car: M240i
Default 08-15-2020, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I thought the LPFP is the one in the fuel tank? I thought all cars had two FPs?
I see... Guess I didn't consider that as the HP pump upgrade alone is supposed to support 600hp on pump gas. Higher if you're WMI/Injected on top of that. There's a Supra member pushing high HP and a few M240 pushing over 600. It may be best to PM them and share the info here. Most don't browse topics often enough to respond. I'm often away for weeks+.


AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
Reply With Quote
(#6)
Old
Ke90 Ke90 is offline
B58_Dude
 
Posts: 57
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: M240i
Default 08-16-2020, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
I see... Guess I didn't consider that as the HP pump upgrade alone is supposed to support 600hp on pump gas. Higher if you're WMI/Injected on top of that. There's a Supra member pushing high HP and a few M240 pushing over 600. It may be best to PM them and share the info here. Most don't browse topics often enough to respond. I'm often away for weeks+.
I want to run full E85. I am having difficulty with Trims stuck at 25 and car runs Lean with 20+PSI on higher than E60 blends (happens randomly post shift, I can tell so I let up immediately to avoid limp mode and messing up car). Thus upgrading my LPFP should solve all this.

I know other members are pushing good numbers with pump gas. I rather run E85 + WMI with my build, plus eventually when I upgrade Turbo, I will already have the fueling capabilities to support for Port Injection.
Reply With Quote
(#7)
Old
JBoe JBoe is offline
Junior Member
 
Posts: 440
Join Date: May 2018
Car: M240i
Default 08-16-2020, 11:28 PM

So you've already upgraded the HPLP? Again, I thought that's all that was needed to run straight E85? That's why the forums are so great... the info never stops. Lol!


AFE Drop-in Filter
BMS Meth Kit (100% M1)
Muffler Delete
CA 91 Piss Gas...
(8oz Boostane 95ish Oct)
E85 (2Gal/Fill)
BEF (Race_WMI)
JB4 (Map 7 - Add 45... 19-20psi)
Reply With Quote
(#8)
Old
Ke90 Ke90 is offline
B58_Dude
 
Posts: 57
Join Date: Mar 2014
Car: M240i
Default 08-17-2020, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBoe
So you've already upgraded the HPLP? Again, I thought that's all that was needed to run straight E85? That's why the forums are so great... the info never stops. Lol!
Yes, Dorch stage 2.

One person I know has been able to run straight E85. But for some reason I keep running into the lean issue. But in mean time I got my BMS WMI kit I need to install, once chargepipe finally comes in. Iím hoping this will solve any issues and lower my trims when running the 20+ PSI.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




vBulletin Skin developed by: vBStyles.com
Copyright © 2007 - 2020, N54tech.com