N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: C450 AMG
Default Map 3 log check - 05-27-2020, 02:07 PM

Running 93 oct on Map 3.

Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200521_1635_runs(1).csv (4.1 KB, 64 views)
(#2)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 06-02-2020, 09:56 AM

Looks like something happened ariund row 10, your AFR/AFR2 spiked very high to 16, and you had Ignition retard. You also had another Ignition retard on row 14.
You may need to use better fuel or check plugs, or dial it back a bit.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#3)
Old

Default 06-02-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessIsMore
Looks like something happened ariund row 10, your AFR/AFR2 spiked very high to 16, and you had Ignition retard. You also had another Ignition retard on row 14.
Thank you for the response. My car has just over 31k miles. Always ran 93 octane and Map 2 was fine per Terry on my first log check.

I'll run it again on Map 2 (93 octane as well) if you don't mind checking it this afternoon.
(#4)
Old

Default Log Check - 06-03-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:

Can you check this log, please? Map 2, 93 oct.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 20200603_0944_runs(2).csv (117.0 KB, 50 views)
(#5)
Old
Inner Circle Member

Car: 2009 535i Sport SAT
Default 06-04-2020, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevsays
Thank you for the response. My car has just over 31k miles. Always ran 93 octane and Map 2 was fine per Terry on my first log check.

I'll run it again on Map 2 (93 octane as well) if you don't mind checking it this afternoon.
No problem. That makes sense that map 2 would have been fine, these are probably minor misfires from being slightly too aggressive tuning-wise. Droppig back to map2 is probably a good idea for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevsays
Can you check this log, please? Map 2, 93 oct.
Can't really evaluated that one, You need to be full throttle for much longer.

2017 AMG C63 - JB4 - 11.69 @ 127 (dragy)
2009 BMW 535i - 548 whp - sold
(#6)
Old
Tuner

Default 06-04-2020, 07:58 PM

Sorry late to the party. Been buried with work lately and sometimes miss posts like this. Thanks for filling in LessIsMore!

Fueling and fuel trims look good. I noticed it's on v3 firmware, might be worth updating to v6 as we made some minor improvements.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default 06-08-2020, 08:22 AM

Quote:
No problem. That makes sense that map 2 would have been fine, these are probably minor misfires from being slightly too aggressive tuning-wise. Droppig back to map2 is probably a good idea for now.

Can't really evaluated that one, You need to be full throttle for much longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Sorry late to the party. Been buried with work lately and sometimes miss posts like this. Thanks for filling in LessIsMore!

Fueling and fuel trims look good. I noticed it's on v3 firmware, might be worth updating to v6 as we made some minor improvements.
Thank you both for the replies! I've attached a log from this morning with the updated firmware - I believe it's on firmware 7 rather 6 as mentioned above unless I'm reading it incorrectly. Still Map 2 with 93 oct.

Should I test log Map 3 with 93 oct or not until I use a mixture with race fuel?

Firmware Version: 23/7//5
Attached Files
File Type: csv P23_M2_R2_200608_0801.csv (204.1 KB, 49 views)