N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 BMW 335xi E90 N55
Default Adaptive Headlight Broken Mount - 05-17-2020, 10:58 AM

First of all I appreciate any input, and I'll post my trials and tribulations later but as a preview, J.B. Weld is the bomb.

I tore down the headlight assembly, apparently, the ball & socket joints to the manual adjustments and servo are pretty flimsy as I have seen many posts of people with the same issues.

But after I put (not quite) everything back together my car is somewhat cross-eyed. Can this be fixed with coding or do I need to tear down the assembly and adjust the servo manually? What "registery keys" control the left/right servo?

As another option, seems to be a stepper motor, I should be able to advance it if I knew what voltage it takes, but that might be just as much trouble as tearing it down again & repositioning.

Thanks In Advance,

Troy

2011 335i xDrive ///M-Sport LeMans Blue Navigation iDrive 15% Tint N55 E90 - BMS Intake, Le Mans Blue Grilles, Le Mans Blue Rear Diffuser, Alpina B3 TCU Flash, Misc Coding, Matte Black Badge, Gloss Black Exhaust Tips, Blue Calipers*, VRSF Charge Pipe*, Cyba Scoops*, JB4 ISO 5.5, Sport Oil Cooler Valve, FlexFuel (Fuel Rail Pressure) Wires, GoFastBits DV+, Ethanol Content Sensor - No problems up to E70 fuel mix
* Painted 7251 Cobalt Blue Metallic - Matches LeMans Blue