N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old
Total Newb

Car: 2007 335i
Smile Help with PO DIY mod - what is this? - 03-19-2020, 02:58 PM

Ok, total newb here, first post, please be kind...

Last fall I bought an 07 335i, with lots of mods done by the owner previous to the owner I got it from... I know the basics of things that have been done, but not the specifics. I had a bit of fun last fall then put it away for winter.

JB4, which I am loving, some non stock intake, non stock exhaust, non stock FMIC, and who knows what else...

One of the things was a lot of parts changing over to M parts. Dash cluster, steering wheel (paddle shift), shift knob, door panels... Now, one of the things I noticed before I bought the car was that the paddle shifters didnít work - not a deal killer but I wanted to see if I could get them working. Iíve googled around, watched YouTube and it seems pretty straight forward. Today I popped off the center console to see if perhaps they just didnít finish the job - and thatís exactly what I found. I removed a Harness of some sort that was not connected to anything but power - bare wires shoved into the back of the plug for the 12V outlet. It has 4 plugs on it, labeled ďwhiteĒ and ďblueĒ. My logic tells me this was an attempt to connect the M knob to the shifting system, but no idea what that would do as there are no buttons on the knob.

So, I plan on getting the harness from Berger tuning to connect the paddles to the blue plug, but can someone explain to me what the white plug is thatís coming from the shift knob and if I should be trying to tie that in as well?

Canít seem to get my pics small enough to upload right now...

** please note the above was posted by a total newb**

2007 335i, purchased modified by 2nd previous owner, I am missing a lot of details, help me ID what I have!
-JB4, intake, exhaust, FMIC, M trim

Last edited by khuevos; 03-19-2020 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: Adding pics