N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2013, 01:10 PM

We've done a few local installs. Will probably start non-local BETA in a couple weeks.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-27-2013, 09:57 AM

OK we're ready for a few alpha testers.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#28)
Old

Car: 2013 F30 335i M Sport
Default 02-27-2013, 11:27 AM

I would love to help and be one of the first ones to have the upgrade!
(#29)
Old

Default 02-27-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
OK we're ready for a few alpha testers.
How do I sign up?
(#30)
Old

Car: F30 335
Default 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM

I have a stage 1 ordered but I'd like to test
(#31)
Old

Car: 2013 335i
Default 02-27-2013, 10:55 PM

I would like to be a test subject

Navy "Wizard"
2016 M235i Black Sapphire Metallic,Black Dakota Leather, ZTP, ZDA, 2TB, 674,6NS, 494, Limited Slip Differential,Z4F, Z24, Z21,Z2R,Z2Q,Z10,Z1T,Z06
, M performance mats,Aerodynamic kit, M steering wheel, M Sport Brakes,Increased top speed limiter, and Nitrogen in tires. JB4

2013 (sold)335i M Sport ed.
Sport automatic(paddle shifters),DHP,Tech, and leather. Picked up in Germany.
JB4
(#32)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-28-2013, 08:39 AM

See upgrade directions in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#33)
Old

Default 03-02-2013, 07:01 AM

I just ordered the stage 2 upgrade

I'm curious what the difference will be w/ the different Maps.

Map 0 - Stock?
Map 1 - +3psi boost, timing, etc
Map 2 - boost, timing, etc?
(#34)
Old

Default 03-02-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069
I just ordered the stage 2 upgrade

I'm curious what the difference will be w/ the different Maps.

Map 0 - Stock?
Map 1 - +3psi boost, timing, etc
Map 2 - boost, timing, etc?
Nice~~~~ How did you order it? Did you email Terry? Or is there a link you can do so?
(#35)
Old

Default 03-02-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm
Nice~~~~ How did you order it? Did you email Terry? Or is there a link you can do so?
Yea I just emailed him and he confirmed some of the options on my car and the harness I currently have, etc.
(#36)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-04-2013, 11:49 AM

Added a BETA upgrade kit guide to the first post. Be sure to specify "has add on wires" or "needs add on wires" when ordering.

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM

What's the .hex file thats posted used for?
(#38)
Old

Car: F30 335i Sportline on order
Default 03-04-2013, 05:38 PM

Thats the firmware file for the juice box.

2016 F30 340i M Sport Alpine White, JB4

RIP 2012 F30 335i Sport Line Mineral Gray, JB3/Stage 1

Stock 335i 1/4 mile time
(#39)
Old

Car: 2012 F10 520i
Default 03-05-2013, 12:38 AM

Hi Terry,

I have stage 1 installed in my 520i, will stage 2 work with 520i or just 528i? Will there be different setting or maps for 520i?

Thanks,
(#40)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM

We have not done any JB4 320 and 520 testing/tuning yet. But will be in the coming months.

Burger Motorsports

(#41)
Old

Default 03-06-2013, 07:36 AM

Hi Terry,

Can you please make an instructional video to show the steps to upgrade from S1 to S2? Tks!!!!
(#42)
Old

Default 03-07-2013, 05:52 AM

I upgraded my S1 to S2 last night and it is MUCH easier than it sounds. Once you have everything in front of you, it's pretty easy. The only scary part was tapping into the CAN wires. The instructions talk about a yellow wire and there are two of them so I'm hoping I got the right one. All in all it took 30-45 min and that was taking my time.

Bad news is I turned my personal laptop on after install and my laptop wont boot up. I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get serviced today.

Terry, is the S2 upgrade defaulted to Map1? I'm curious what I'm going to feel on my drive in to work today.
(#43)
Old

Default 03-11-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069
I upgraded my S1 to S2 last night and it is MUCH easier than it sounds. Once you have everything in front of you, it's pretty easy. The only scary part was tapping into the CAN wires. The instructions talk about a yellow wire and there are two of them so I'm hoping I got the right one. All in all it took 30-45 min and that was taking my time.

Bad news is I turned my personal laptop on after install and my laptop wont boot up. I'm going to have to take it somewhere to get serviced today.

Terry, is the S2 upgrade defaulted to Map1? I'm curious what I'm going to feel on my drive in to work today.

Hello, could anyone be nice enough to post a video of the upgrade? I just got my stage 2 upgrade kit and have no idea how to proceed..... Tks!!
(#44)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM

Just follow the install PDF in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

(#45)
Old

Default 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Just follow the install PDF in the first post.
Sorry Terry, I tried....... I'm not very good with mechanics.... Could you show me with pics where I can find the CAN wires? I saw the connection instruction.... There's seems to be a sharp needle inside the connector, but connecting onto the CAN wires, does it puncture the cover the make connection that way or do I have to peel the cover?
(#46)
Old

Default 03-11-2013, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideypm
Sorry Terry, I tried....... I'm not very good with mechanics.... Could you show me with pics where I can find the CAN wires? I saw the connection instruction.... There's seems to be a sharp needle inside the connector, but connecting onto the CAN wires, does it puncture the cover the make connection that way or do I have to peel the cover?
Sorry Terry, I don't mean to be a pain in the butt.... Buying totally do not understand pt. 7 of the instruction as well...
(#47)
Old

Default 03-12-2013, 06:23 AM

Hi Terry,

Got it done with some help from an electrician..... Guess i'm not so stupid after all....... the CAN wires were a bit confusing as I counted 3 yellow wires and 2 black/blue wires... I followed the picture you posted and connect the ones in the corresponding pin positions as your photo was showing.... Just got my Meisterschaft exhaust at the same day. Can't wait to run it with ******** and turn on map 2!!!
(#48)
Old

Default 03-12-2013, 01:27 PM

any timeframe for a MT version?
(#49)
Old

Car: 2010 E92 335 xdrive M-Sport
Default 03-16-2013, 11:54 AM

with stage 2 installed, can the tune still be detected if its off if you bring it in to the dealer? Will the car be able to get scanned?
(#50)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-16-2013, 12:03 PM

Set to map 0 before going in.

Burger Motorsports