N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#776)
Old

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Default 10-13-2018, 08:32 PM

I mounted mine in the back left and just secured it with some black duct tape. Working great. I even snaked the OBDII connection between the hood and windshield and then into the driver's door so I didn't have to pop it through and can remove it more easily if I need to go to the dealer.
(#777)
Old

Car: Stinger
Default 10-13-2018, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDangles
Hey Terry - tried to upload this on Kia Stinger Forums but couldn't do it. Here is Map 2 on 91 Octane Shell gasoline. This was on 4th gear only. Let me know how it looks. Can I use the 91 Octane gasoline on higher maps or do I go with the 93 Esso or 94 PetroCan gasoline which both have 10% ethanol?
I’m in Canada as well and I get some some pinging on shell 91 on map 1 and map 2 with fuel wires. Chevron 94 knocked much worst for me. With shell gas the pinging is very quite and will not do it every time but mostly when I mash the gas in second gear and boost builds quickly, maybe because of my down *****... Gas in Canada sucks. I would not run map 2 with our gas. The pinging is very slight and probably can only be heard with windows down but I don’t want to risk damaging anything. Right now I’ve been running map 6 at only 1psi over stock so I can still get the benifits of the leaned out mixture and then I up the map if I run a E85 mix. FYI mine would not ping in 3rd gear but mostly in 1st it 2nd. 1st and 2nd seem to run leaner then 3rd and 4th.

Last edited by Adamdan; 10-13-2018 at 11:27 PM..
(#778)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 10-14-2018, 05:07 PM

Stronger maps coming out soon??
(#779)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-14-2018, 09:38 PM

Latest update I'm working on has WMI integration active, and a redesigned boost by gear that lets you run less boost than stock in 1st gear for easier launching. Especially non-LSD GTs like our development car.

The highest map is set for around 18psi still which seems to be the sweet-spot for a stock car + good fuel.

Those of you running race use only exhaust setups, outside of the USA of course, throw up some logs so we can start to evaluate tuning for them more closely.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#780)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 08:48 AM

Updated V5 firmware in the first post.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#781)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 08:52 AM

Also, quick log of the new boost by gear logic in action. You'll notice how boost during launch mode is actually around 2psi less than stock to avoid wheel spin and then it ramps up as we go. Run was a 12.4@115 on map3.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#782)
Old

Car: '18 Stinger GT2
Default 10-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Updated V5 firmware in the first post.
Curious, with the new map 7 now I assume intakes and secondary *** deletes are recommended?
(#783)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 09:13 AM

It's just a map out there for people that are heavily modified to experiment with. When running the heavier maps you may also want to lean out the AFR further in 5000rpm range. We'll evaluate that as we see more logs from modified vehicles.

Burger Motorsports

(#784)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger Gt1
Default 10-15-2018, 06:02 PM

For the Map 7.... do I have to have e85 blended in the car to run that? because you said "and modified cars" so I just want to confirm before I go ahead and upload this new software thanks!
(#785)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
For the Map 7.... do I have to have e85 blended in the car to run that? because you said "and modified cars" so I just want to confirm before I go ahead and upload this new software thanks!
Itís 18psi defiantly run E85 mix.
(#786)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry96
E85 mix or unleaded race fuel.

Burger Motorsports

(#787)
Old

Default 10-15-2018, 08:52 PM

Terry I have an AWD GT2 so wheel spin is not an issue, am I better off sticking with the previous firmware v4 for now? Would hate to get reduced boost in the lower gears to solve wheel spin I dont have.
(#788)
Old
Kia Efficinato

Car: 2018 Kia Stinger GT AWD
Default 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegisx5
Terry I have an AWD GT2 so wheel spin is not an issue, am I better off sticking with the previous firmware v4 for now? Would hate to get reduced boost in the lower gears to solve wheel spin I dont have.
Ditto to that one. LOL

Also, @Terry, are you planning to open up the fuel bias to over 100 (1 part)? Just wondering what the plans are.

-MurlinatoR

Connoisseur of all things Kia
(#789)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 09:42 PM

The current range is 100 = 1.25pts.

Burger Motorsports

(#790)
Old
Tuner

Default 10-15-2018, 09:42 PM

Quote:
If you are AWD do not enter anything under the boost reduction in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear settings. Those don't apply to you.

Burger Motorsports

(#791)
Old

Car: Kia Stinger GT1
Default 10-16-2018, 12:17 AM

Hey Terry,

Here are some logs I ran. I sent these to Donnie aswell as im having a tech issue.

So besides that (which he is looking at) how do these look? I am not running any other mods besides the jb4 and and gapped plugs.

I only use Shell 93 nitro+.

Do I need to change anything with the boosts? Does it appear to be ok to run Map 3 as my daily map or should I stay with Map 2?. Any reason why map 2 seem to be faster 0-60 than map 3?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-15 18_50_18Map_3.csv (13.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-15 18_40_09Map_2.csv (7.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: csv 2018-10-15 18_38_26Map_3.csv (7.7 KB, 8 views)
(#792)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 03:31 AM

I dont see where to enter the boost by gear settings in the mobile app. What am I missing? Do I have to enter anything for the AWD now that I updated to the new firmware?
(#793)
Old

Car: Kia stinger gt
Default 10-16-2018, 06:34 AM

I have been looking on this thread for awhile trying to take in as much as I could. So thank you for everything that has been posted. I have been running map 2 mostly, but decided to go to map5 with E85 mixture and do a run. I noticed my 0-60 isn't even as fast as stock. I also tried it with a dragy and ran a 0-60 of 4.90. Could someone look at the log and let me know if everything looks good? I have a Stinger GT sunset yellow.

Thanks again
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2018-10-06 21_44_53Map_5.csv (56.2 KB, 9 views)
(#794)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellypantalo
I have been looking on this thread for awhile trying to take in as much as I could. So thank you for everything that has been posted. I have been running map 2 mostly, but decided to go to map5 with E85 mixture and do a run. I noticed my 0-60 isn't even as fast as stock. I also tried it with a dragy and ran a 0-60 of 4.90. Could someone look at the log and let me know if everything looks good? I have a Stinger GT sunset yellow.

Thanks again
How is the car hooking up? If your spinning the tires now could be why. How much E85 are you running? Maybe the car is pinging and going into safty mode.
(#795)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamdan
How is the car hooking up? If your spinning the tires now could be why. How much E85 are you running? Maybe the car is pinging and going into safty mode.
Car is AWD so no spinning. I was running a 30% mixture full tank with 4.6ish gallons of E85. Didnt hear any pinging, map 2 was running almost exact times.
(#796)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Car is AWD so no spinning. I was running a 30% mixture full tank with 4.6ish gallons of E85. Didnt hear any pinging, map 2 was running almost exact times.
Weird I did 4.4 with map 5. Map 3 also did 4.45. 1st and second gear donít go to full boost. Maybe do a couple pulls in 3rd from 2500rpm to close to red line. Check to see if your hitting around 18 psi.
(#797)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-16-2018, 08:00 AM

Quote:
I dont see where to enter the boost by gear settings in the mobile app. What am I missing? Do I have to enter anything for the AWD now that I updated to the new firmware?
It will be under:
Settings>User adjustment settings> scroll down and you'll see
max boost 1st etc

Burger Motorsports

(#798)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 10-16-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks again
Log looks pretty good, you're only at about 14-16 psi. Stock boost is requesting 8 psi basically. Timing, AFR and trims are all on check. No idea, the car is definitely making power from what it looks like.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#799)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
Log looks pretty good, you're only at about 14-16 psi. Stock boost is requesting 8 psi basically. Timing, AFR and trims are all on check. No idea, the car is definitely making power from what it looks like.
I wonder why his car only does 8psi. Iím hitting 11.5 and 18-19 on map 5
(#800)
Old

Default 10-16-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
What should my stock boost be?