N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Golf R
Default Energise without connecting plugs? - 06-25-2020, 10:26 AM

Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2nd JB4 for my EA888 Golf R. I don't know if the previous owner de-linked from his account or what map he's got it set to. Before I install it fully can I energise it via the OBDII plug or do I have to connect the B, C & D plugs?

If I have to install it fully, and it's still linked to the previous owner do I email BMS to change to my account? I assume if it's set to Map 6 I'll have to drive it off boost or can i just unplug it from OBD so it reverts to map 1?

TIA
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 06-25-2020, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chews
Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2nd JB4 for my EA888 Golf R. I don't know if the previous owner de-linked from his account or what map he's got it set to. Before I install it fully can I energise it via the OBDII plug or do I have to connect the B, C & D plugs?

If I have to install it fully, and it's still linked to the previous owner do I email BMS to change to my account? I assume if it's set to Map 6 I'll have to drive it off boost or can i just unplug it from OBD so it reverts to map 1?

TIA
To power up the JB4 you need to plug Plug C from the install guide which is the bottom boost sensor. Without OBD relative to firmware thats on the JB4 wont do anything.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo