N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#2426)
Old

Car: q60
Default 03-05-2018, 02:48 PM

P1100 is maf sensor readings out of spec....just reset it. It's possible you might have installed them with a small leak. It's not these intakes as no one else has reported it.
(#2427)
Old

Default 03-06-2018, 04:49 PM

Anyone know/remember what the Bluetooth code is again?
(#2428)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 SilverSport 3.0T
Default 03-07-2018, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrobohm
Quick Update: BMS CAI installed on 2/14 and so far nothing to report but good things (nice turbo spool sound at WOT, normal engine sound when not WOT - very good thing, zero engine codes, etc.)
Hey do you have a video of the engine running with the intakes, and maybe some acceleration to really showcase the sound, I would like to know how the intakes sound?
(#2429)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-07-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattds
Anyone know/remember what the Bluetooth code is again?
Email Donnie at JB4 mobile for help on that if needed, or post in the JB4 mobile support area.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2430)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0T Premium RWD
Default 03-07-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusbetaX
Hey do you have a video of the engine running with the intakes, and maybe some acceleration to really showcase the sound, I would like to know how the intakes sound?
Let me see what I can rig up this weekend...
(#2431)
Old

Default 03-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
thanks, I didn't see anyone put videos of it on YouTube, doesn't hurt to ask!
(#2432)
Old

Car: Q50
Default 03-08-2018, 06:15 AM

Any update on the bracket for the red sport heat exchanger?
(#2433)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-08-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRQ50
Any update on the bracket for the red sport heat exchanger?
It's in production but I don't have an ETA, Ando might.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#2434)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-09-2018, 10:47 AM

My rough estimate would be 3-4 weeks.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2435)
Old
BMS Customer Service

Car: bmw 335i
Default 03-09-2018, 04:58 PM

We got our hands on a Q60 Red Sport since couple of you had small issues installing the intake.

Install was as expected. Everything fit fine without issues.
Everything was spaced properly and not touching anything it shoudn't.
This is our 2nd RS we install our intake on. We did it on the Q50 RS and now Q60 RS without any issues.
What I noticed is some people have different AC lines and one person had the AC line touching the heatshield. That was not the case on this car.
To improve the design we will make the heatshield slightly smaller and change some bends on the shield slightly for better fitment. This will be on our next batch. Hopefully that will eliminate all if any install "issues".

For everyone's piece of mind we have sold over 70 units now and other than a few random fitment concerns feedback has all been very good.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#2436)
Old

Car: Q50 Red sport
Default 03-10-2018, 10:57 AM

What is the max boost anyone is running here with the RS400 (without having issues lol)??
(#2437)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 Red Sport
Default 03-10-2018, 01:32 PM

I'm only at +4 but Burger has dynoed an RS at higher boost levels than that.

2016 Q50 Red Sport
BMS JB4 Map 1
Infiniti Sport Mufflers
(#2438)
Old

Car: 2016 RS400 AWD
Default 03-10-2018, 02:26 PM

Burger dyno tested it with E30 at 6 psi on a Red Sport. I have been running +4.9 for a while on JB1 map 3 with DWP at 20 using good quality 93 octane with no problems. I haven't tested it in warm weather yet though, only 60 degrees and below.
(#2439)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 03-10-2018, 02:57 PM

is the 2018 sport supported by JB4? On the BMS website it only says 2018 lux. Just wondering if it is currently supported or will be supported in the future? I'm just trying to see why it wouldn't be supported since it's the same engine as the lux.
(#2440)
Old
Tuner

Default 03-10-2018, 03:52 PM

Yes it is.

Burger Motorsports

(#2441)
Old

Default 03-10-2018, 10:49 PM

I just did quick 0 to 110kph run at 5.2 psi over stock on an RS. Timing and fuel were good. I have ** and exhaust.

People with full tunes are running up to 23psi....but thats with all sorts of other ecu changes (timing, fuel, etc)
(#2442)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q60 Red Sport
Default 03-12-2018, 10:00 AM

I am currently running +4.5 with jb1 on 93 (map 3) on by Q60 RS. No issues at all and the car pulls like a beast. My DWP is set at 35 and you can deff feel the massive torque compared to stock. Again been running this set up for about 1500 miles and no issues. My 0-60 is around 4.1 (verified with v-box) at this set up. Best time was 4.06. Car is fully stock from factory except for jb1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS400BLUE
What is the max boost anyone is running here with the RS400 (without having issues lol)??
(#2443)
Old

Default 03-12-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Any luck with a video?
(#2444)
Old

Default 03-12-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Any luck with a video?
Unfortunately not - I toyed with the idea of placing my iPhone in record mode and place it inside the engine compartment to capture the sound at WOT - the reality of placing a $1k phone in the engine compartment and the inevitable wife saying “what were you thinking?” led me to waive that idea off. I do have a friend with a GoPro...
(#2445)
Old

Default 03-12-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately not - I toyed with the idea of placing my iPhone in record mode and place it inside the engine compartment to capture the sound at WOT - the reality of placing a $1k phone in the engine compartment and the inevitable wife saying “what were you thinking?” led me to waive that idea off. I do have a friend with a GoPro...

Lmfao yea that sounds pretty bad, this is coming from an internet stranger. Anyways I thought it was loud enuf to hear by just reving the engine at a stop?
(#2446)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 03-12-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Anyways I thought it was loud enuf to hear by just reving the engine at a stop?
Whether exhaust, intake, stereo, etc, sound is subjective according to personal taste/expectations. As I have had the BMS Intake on for a couple of weeks now, here's my opinion:

Standing outside the car with the hood up, intake noise is definitely noticeable when revving the motor, more pronounced than the OEM setup and similar to other performance intakes. With the hood down, the intake sound level drops quite a bit. Inside the car, when driving at constant speeds you won't notice the intake at all except that throttle response seems to be a tad quicker. But when accelerating, my ears detect a deep but subtle "moaning" sound that rises as the rpms get higher. Hard to describe in exact terms, something you really have to hear for yourself.

Hope that provides a bit of an answer for you.
~

2017 Q60 Premuim 3.0t RWD
BMS JB1/JB4 Module
BMS Air Intake
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exh.
(#2447)
Old

Default 03-12-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Right.On.Q!
Whether exhaust, intake, stereo, etc, sound is subjective according to personal taste/expectations. As I have had the BMS Intake on for a couple of weeks now, here's my opinion:

Standing outside the car with the hood up, intake noise is definitely noticeable when revving the motor, more pronounced than the OEM setup and similar to other performance intakes. With the hood down, the intake sound level drops quite a bit. Inside the car, when driving at constant speeds you won't notice the intake at all except that throttle response seems to be a tad quicker. But when accelerating, my ears detect a deep but subtle "moaning" sound that rises as the rpms get higher. Hard to describe in exact terms, something you really have to hear for yourself.

Hope that provides a bit of an answer for you.
~
I would concur - inside the car as you approach WOT / higher RPM there is a noticeable higher pitch sound (in addition to the engine / exhaust) of the turbos spooling up. For those of us who have been around aircraft jet engines this is a familiar sound. If you have been in a commercial airplane when they start up an engine you may have noticed inside a similar sound - outside the aircraft the sound is very noticeable.
(#2448)
Old

Car: q50s
Default 03-13-2018, 12:48 PM

Hey Terry, my car is driving fine but has a few error codes, no CEL. Makes a belt sound occasionally after driving rough, but when I tried taking it in the sound is usually gone. Are any of these bad? Ignore the 00s at the end of the codes.

Last edited by bbbrrrx1; 03-13-2018 at 01:14 PM..
(#2449)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50RS
Default 03-13-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS400BLUE
With an e85 mixture and temps below 75 ive been able to run at 21 psi with timing being around 5-6 degrees and it pulling insanely nice.

Unfortunately that is only below 4500 rpm. Above that it starts dropping down to around 17-19 psi no matter how much extra i add on the JB4. Maybe with some exhaust work the turbos can breath a little more.

Another negative is that on 21 psi the factory tires break lose from a 20-40 mph even in 3rd gear. The stupid TCS on this car never shuts off 100 % so i guess the yaw sensor feels too much movement and always cuts me off.

If you guys want to brake boost BTW just throw the 4 PIN brake connector at the pedal location on a switch. You cant shift from park to D so make sure its switched off after you change into D. This lets you brake boost without the ECU cancelling you throttle.
(#2450)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50 3.0t (300hp) AWD
Default 03-13-2018, 07:53 PM

Terry can you post the map 7 target by rpm for me? Thanks

2017 Q50 3.0t Silver Sport (AWD)
-Catback + d0wnp1pes
-BMS Cold Air Intake
-Jb4 (map 6)