JB4tech.com - International Turbo Tuning Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2016 550i
Default BCM connector install on F10 N63TU - 01-23-2022, 02:53 AM

Hey everyone - I've been talking with the folks over at BMS to set up my JB4, but I thought I'd join and post here in case I can take advantage of my Sunday tomorrow to work on the car.

I've installed my JB4 and am working through getting map 2 set up. I need to install the BCM connectors, which I gather go into plugs under the passenger side intercooler.

However, the wires don't seem long enough - see picture linked below. The length of the wires that go to the sensors on each intercooler are just perfect right now, so I'm not certain that I have to pull the entire harness further along (to the left on the picture).

Does anyone have a guide and/or advice for connecting these up?

Last edited by muffles; 02-06-2022 at 03:43 AM..
(#2)
Old

Default 01-24-2022, 08:51 PM

For anyone wondering, it looks like the JB4 wire lengths are best suited to running down the other side of the engine bay. I need to look into this further to see exact routing (in particular, the OBD side of the JB4 - this wire needs to run across at the top of the engine bay) but will update this with where it ends up.
(#3)
Old

Default 02-06-2022, 03:41 AM

Here's where I ended up with this - I moved the unit down to the area highlighted in red and routed the wiring as show in the blue. What this meant is that I looped the wiring back on itself to go to the TMAP sensor nearest to the JB4 unit.

I did this because when I thought about moving the JB4 to the other side, I wasn't sure exactly where I'd route the wire that would have to go across the firewall from the passenger side to the driver side (to then connect to the OBD port), whereas this way the JB4 unit is already on the right side to do that.