N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#51)
Old
Stalker

Car: 335I
Default 09-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedSedan
I priced out new stock TD03's to be about the same price as getting CHRA's, install kit and upgraded wastegates. Can't decide which option to go with, if I go with new stock turbos ill have the same power and bad reliability pushing 18-20 psi. If I rebuild with these parts I should be able to run 18-20 psi more reliably and make more power. The DIY part isn't really an issue, just want to make sure I have all the parts I need to complete the rebuild.
Not sure where you found new OEM TD03's for about $800 but that is one hell of a deal if they are OEM?! My guess is that they are not OEM and probably some china offering at best. Even with those however you'll want a gasket kit which is typically $200+.

Thanks,
Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#52)
Old
Stalker

Default 10-09-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo
Another couple months have gone by and we are now right at 10 months of production. To date have sold over 40 sets of them and we have heard of no issues with them whatsoever, so quite the success story with these units... which is very impressive especially considering the DIY efforts involved.
Rapidly nearing a year of production on these OEM replacements (BOTH DIY and complete turbos) now at over 50 sets shipped combined and still not a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc.

Rob

See www.rbturbo.com for N54 Twin Turbo Bolt-On upgrades, or contact directly 314-630-8950 rob.rbturbo@gmail.com for a price quote.
(#53)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-07-2017, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Rapidly nearing a year of production on these OEM replacements (BOTH DIY and complete turbos) now at over 50 sets shipped combined and still not a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc.

Rob
Well we now made it an entire year on these without a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc. and are averaging 5+ sets of the RB OEM/OEM Billet products (DIY and full setups) shipped per month

(#54)
Old

Car: e92
Default 11-08-2017, 11:36 PM

do you have in stock for sale still?
(#55)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-09-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkingline
do you have in stock for sale still?
We already shipped 4 sets this week and have no more built, however they are built fairly quickly (about 3-5 business days at this time). You can order here if interested: http://www.rbturbo.com/products/acce...-chra-rebuilds

Thanks,
Rob

(#56)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 11-24-2017, 06:23 AM

Hello Rob,

do you by any chance offer wastegate repair kit for additional price to buy with your cores?
(#57)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-24-2017, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave
Hello Rob,

do you by any chance offer wastegate repair kit for additional price to buy with your cores?
We have a couple wastegate options but have never sold them a la carte. You can shoot over an email and we can see what we can do on them, but we are absolutely sure they will not be your cheapest option and for several substantial reasons. Anyway we typically suggest just buying the turbos complete at that point as this way you rule out any possibility for errors and the cost difference to have it all done for you would be fairly marginal (ie. our complete ready to bolt-on RB OEM's start at $999).

Thanks,
Rob

(#58)
Old

Car: 535xi
Default 11-24-2017, 03:24 PM

Any black Friday sale on the diy chra?
(#59)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-25-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnj
Any black Friday sale on the diy chra?
Jnj,

Sorry we are not having any specials on these DIY CHRA's. They are a great deal however everyday of the year and have still not have generated a single complaint/warranty issue/etc for over a year and ~55 sets sold... considering the labor efforts involved that is worth their weight in gold.

Thanks,
Rob

(#60)
Old

Default 11-25-2017, 10:53 AM

Rob

If I have a stage 1 turbos from a competitor could I take these chra and swap their compressor wheel on and be good to go again?
(#61)
Old
Stalker

Default 11-25-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnj
Rob

If I have a stage 1 turbos from a competitor could I take these chra and swap their compressor wheel on and be good to go again?
Jnj,

We are sure we can work something out here... however if you want to keep yourself in Stage 1's we have our RB Ones which are more like a Stage 1+ setup we could work you into as well. This link below is what you'd be after:
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45348

But if you are are wanting to get back into the OEM CHRA's you will need compressor housings that were not machined for larger wheels such as in the competitive Stage 1's. We could provide you a "compressor kit" for the additional core charge and then accept your competitive Stage 1's as "cores" as long as they are OEM units (we do not accept China housings as cores) and the machining wasn't botched in some way. The idea would be that we could then simply machine them to our own housing specs for larger wheels thereafter.

Anyway you can just shoot us an email to discuss further if you'd like, there are several options to choose.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 11-25-2017 at 02:02 PM..
(#62)
Old
Stalker

Default 01-24-2018, 10:56 AM

These things have been amazing!!! Literally 15 months now without a single issue, complaint, warranty return, etc. and are still averaging 5+ sets of the RB OEM/OEM Billet products (DIY and full setups) shipped per month :burn rubber:

We have been selling so many of these in fact that our inventory (THANK GOODNESS) on all of our loose CHRA's is rapidly depleting to the point were we may have to start charging a core charge for the DIY CHRA only offerings soon (such that we get the old units back to further rebuilds). Probably ~6 months before that would take affect though, we had an absolute TON of these cartridges on shelves so there is still a fair amount left.

Rob

(#63)
Old
Stalker

Default 02-18-2018, 09:04 AM

Bump! These things have been selling quite well- and still not a single issue to date.

Rob

(#64)
Old
Stalker

Default 04-02-2018, 06:25 AM

Another 1.5 months gone by and still not a single issue since product introduction in 10/2016. There is something to be said for a 0% failure rate over the course of nearly 1.5 years and ~100 sets sold!

At any rate we have busted down our last bit of inventory on these loose CHRA kits to the tune of about 80 sets. While it is great to free up the inventory space, if sales run rates were to persist as they have the past couple month there is NOT much time left before we begin having to add a refundable core charge for these things. All in all we expect that around September 2018 there will be a refundable core charge added to this product.

Thanks,
Rob

(#65)
Old

Car: 2009 335i
Default 05-15-2018, 04:23 PM

Can we see photos/have a discussion about the "larger than TD04" Thrust Upgrade hardware. I am constantly reading about these upgraded CHRA's but I have not been able to find or even see ANY parts. Hoping to see what the thrust bearing and collar upgrade entails.
(#66)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-16-2018, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303
Can we see photos/have a discussion about the "larger than TD04" Thrust Upgrade hardware. I am constantly reading about these upgraded CHRA's but I have not been able to find or even see ANY parts. Hoping to see what the thrust bearing and collar upgrade entails.
We have no interest in providing pictures of our thrust parts, which are custom and as such we have just ordered 300 more sets and will have to wait months for them to be produced. Rest assured they are high quality, perform as such, and are as advertised.

Ultimately the product is solid and continues to sell faster than we can keep up so it seems to be speaking very loudly for itself to the masses. A 0.0000% failure rate over hundreds of units shipped and over 20 elapsed months... can't beat that!

Expect around a 10-15 business day turn around at this time as we are completely swamped with turbo orders.

Thanks,
Rob

(#67)
Old

Default 05-16-2018, 12:24 PM

Ok, Do the CHRA's have to be machined to fit the new thrust and journal bearings? Are the shafts the stock size? I am just curious what the technical side is. I'm not looking for proprietary specs or anything. Trying to gain knowledge about turbos to make an informed purchase soon
(#68)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-16-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane303
Ok, Do the CHRA's have to be machined to fit the new thrust and journal bearings? Are the shafts the stock size? I am just curious what the technical side is. I'm not looking for proprietary specs or anything. Trying to gain knowledge about turbos to make an informed purchase soon
Machining is required to fit upgraded thrusts that is correct. And yes as these are RB OEM DIY CHRA units, they of course are only OEM wheels and shafts (hence why called OEM CHRA).

There is nothing Hi-Po about these, just very cheap but high quality OEM CHRA replacements balanced to high end specs on cutting edge turbo machinery and built properly with very robust bearings.

Rob

(#69)
Old

Default 05-16-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Machining is required to fit upgraded thrusts that is correct. And yes as these are RB OEM DIY CHRA units, they of course are only OEM wheels and shafts (hence why called OEM CHRA).

There is nothing Hi-Po about these, just very cheap but high quality OEM CHRA replacements balanced to high end specs on cutting edge turbo machinery and built properly with very robust bearings.

Rob
Thank you Rob
(#70)
Old
Stalker

Default 05-24-2018, 06:20 AM

We have now been in production on these RB OEM DIY CHRA's for over 1.5 years. Over the course of this time we have sold over 100 sets and have YET to see a single failure. The word is out about this apparently as we are selling so many of them we can not see straight. Alongside this our inventory on all of our used OEM CHRA's, was at one point well over 200 sets. While some of these have been converted for RB Ones and RB Twos, the remaining have been sold as these units which did not ever have a core consideration and we have now reduced our inventory down to about 40 sets while the demand is ever growing.

This all said and considering our margins have been quite low on this product since the beginning, we feel it is time to raise the price and as such it has been updated on the first post of this thread. We appreciate the support for all of those who have purchased in the past, present, and future. This is a rock solid offering and you just can not go wrong with it, it is a steal even at the new pricing.

Thanks,
Rob

(#71)
Old

Default 06-18-2018, 09:02 PM

Any in stock?
(#72)
Old
Stalker

Default 06-20-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnj
Any in stock?
We have no turbochargers in stock as we have an extensive backlog. We have to build them all as orders come in and we are absolutely swamped with lingering orders. If in need and decide to order expect about 10-15 business days and do a happy dance if it is any sooner.

Rob

(#73)
Old
Stalker

Default 09-11-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
We have now been in production on these RB OEM DIY CHRA's for over 1.5 years. Over the course of this time we have sold over 100 sets and have YET to see a single failure. The word is out about this apparently as we are selling so many of them we can not see straight. Alongside this our inventory on all of our used OEM CHRA's, was at one point well over 200 sets. While some of these have been converted for RB Ones and RB Twos, the remaining have been sold as these units which did not ever have a core consideration and we have now reduced our inventory down to about 40 sets while the demand is ever growing.

This all said and considering our margins have been quite low on this product since the beginning, we feel it is time to raise the price and as such it has been updated on the first post of this thread. We appreciate the support for all of those who have purchased in the past, present, and future. This is a rock solid offering and you just can not go wrong with it, it is a steal even at the new pricing.

Thanks,
Rob
Well it has been nearly 2 years of selling these things and it has been a massive success. Still not a single reported failure and well over 150 sets sold- our once over flowing shelves with these TD03 OE centers are now literally completely rid of them. You got to love 0.0% failure rates over this many units sold (300+) and years passed (~2)

All good news but the bad news is that as we have wiped nearly all of our inventory clear the product will be now discontinued. We will probably just manage further orders over Ebay in order to limit the sales to the inventory available as acquired, even as of this moment there are only a couple more sets available.

All in all thanks to those for the support and glad you all were able to get in while the getting was good on these.

Rob

Last edited by Rob@RBTurbo; 09-11-2018 at 06:25 AM..