N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2007 BMW 335i 6 speed
Default Log review - 09-15-2020, 11:07 AM

Hi, did a log and just had some questions. Pull starts on line 276 of the spreadsheet, for some reason it's saying I'm in first gear when RPM and MPH indicate otherwise. 2007 N54, manual running jb4, dci, arm chargepipe with tial bov, stock plugs, believe I also ran the firmware to eliminate wastegate rattle, map 1 running 93 octane. First question looks like I am getting up to boost but does it seem slower than normal? There is also a brief overboost when letting off the throttle at the end of the pull, BOV maybe? 2. I read fp_H should be 10-15, mine briefly goes up to 18, is this normal? The injectors and HPFP are brand new. 3. my timing looks to drop by 3 degrees twice during the pull, put 93 octane and and on stock plugs, does this look bad to you? Also wanted to get some eyes on the AFR as I pulled the plugs and they look a bit lean. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: csv datalog 93 dci armcharge tial bov.csv (243.1 KB, 20 views)
(#2)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-16-2020, 10:16 PM

A couple things

Enable 6cyl timing under user adjustments

Trims need a bit of work, do you have a means to load the BEF?

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#3)
Old

Default Bef - 09-17-2020, 09:37 AM

Will enable and yes have mhd on tablet but was just using it to read codes when first getting the car.
(#4)
Old

Default Log review - 09-17-2020, 02:27 PM

here are some pulls with the 6cyl timing enabled. Not really sure what happened on the first pull with the target boost only being at 8 but maybe it had something to do with droping FF/WASTEGATE ADAP back to 100, second pull it goes back to normal. Still working on the BEF. Thank you for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 6 CYL ENABLED, ffwastegate dropped to 100.csv (114.4 KB, 20 views)
(#5)
Old

Default log review - 09-19-2020, 11:47 AM

Did the BEF, running map 1, got two good pulls in the spreadsheet attached.
Attached Files
File Type: csv updated bef pulls (3).csv (235.0 KB, 12 views)
(#6)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-22-2020, 01:35 PM

hey,

This doesnt look bad, next time do the exact same thing, but do the pulls in 3rd gear.

From what I can see, timing is kind of crapping out a bit up top, we might want to add a litlte more octane.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#7)
Old

Default Log review - 09-23-2020, 01:07 PM

Hey Dave,

I'm not sure why it's saying I'm in gears 1 and two for the beginning of both pulls. For the pulls starting at line 231 and line 1800 I'm in third the whole time, you can tell by MPH and RPM. I have another pull from a few days later as well, starts at line 379 and same deal, in third but its stating otherwise. is higher octane the only solution other than meth? I am on the pump gas flash using 93 oct currently.
Attached Files
File Type: csv most recent pull map1 BEF.csv (84.9 KB, 13 views)
(#8)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-29-2020, 12:09 PM

How old are the plugs?

What type of fuel do you have access to?

Sorry for the delay btw!

Burger Motorsports

(#9)
Old

Default Log review - 09-29-2020, 05:24 PM

Plugs are about 1-3 months old, running the stock Bosch plugs replaced two or three plugs about a month ago . I pulled them right after doing DCI and jb4 map 1 and they had a strange light colored deposit on them, did not smell like coolant though and it wiped off. I have not pulled them in the last few weeks since I installed the chargepipe/bov and FMIC though. I included a picture of the plugs, also was reading on whether to get the colder plugs but many were saying not necessary with the few bolt ons I have - what do you think?. I would have to drive to Newark about 45 minutes away to get e85, have 93 everywhere (finally got it from costco the other day- I took a log after that as well if I should upload).
Attached Images

(#10)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-03-2020, 06:02 AM

I dont think the 1 or 2 step colder plugs would be a bad idea at this point.

I actually have a bone stock 335 @ home, and I have the NGK 2 step colder in, gapped to .020- no issues.

E85 would definably wake the car up alot, but it doesnt sound like its too convenient.

Are you looking for more power?

Burger Motorsports

(#11)
Old

Default Log review - 10-03-2020, 09:35 AM

OK I will try one step to start hopefully the timing looks a little better. I definitely plan on doing ********* very soon, will take a look at the turbos then too. I was trying to just keep this on pump gas to avoid having to drive out there everytime I fill up but it's starting to look like e85 is the only option.
(#12)
Old

Default 10-03-2020, 09:35 AM

not sure why down pipe got **
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 10-05-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikef33
OK I will try one step to start hopefully the timing looks a little better. I definitely plan on doing ********* very soon, will take a look at the turbos then too. I was trying to just keep this on pump gas to avoid having to drive out there everytime I fill up but it's starting to look like e85 is the only option.
E85, or if easier methanol is another tried / true option.

Burger Motorsports

(#14)
Old

Default Log review - 10-05-2020, 04:01 PM

Ok Ive been looking into meth just trying to find out if itís safe as far as raising octane I know it cools everything down but three things we kinda skipped over, 1.) does the boost seem to be coming on a bit late ? I feel like since the flash it only really comes on around 4300 when driving, is that normal it ?just seems super laggy to me but itís still fun you just kinda gotta wring it out.2.) Why is it saying Iím in 3 different gears when Iím actually in third gear the whole time? 3.). Have you seen similar deposits on plugs similar to this without it being coolant?
(#15)
Old

Default log review - 10-17-2020, 02:07 PM

bump -- is there anyone who can give me an answer on this?