N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#26)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 06-28-2020, 07:10 AM

Do you have any clean logs?

This looks like a bunch combined with short blips of WOT.

Get me a log in map 5, in 3rd gear, 2kish- redline, WOT, traction off- END log.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#27)
Old

Car: E82-135i
Default 06-28-2020, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Do you have any clean logs?

This looks like a bunch combined with short blips of WOT.

Get me a log in map 5, in 3rd gear, 2kish- redline, WOT, traction off- END log.
Hi, Dave, thank you for the reply. I do not completely understand your points, but I will try my best to cut off the useless part.

Here is the file with only 3rd gear under map5.
This period should be the 30FC code pop up.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 200626_map5_EXHAUST_FUME_TURBOCHARGER.csv (9.2 KB, 34 views)
(#28)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-29-2020, 10:22 AM

What other mods?

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#29)
Old

Default 06-29-2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
What other mods?
After installed JB4, I only run map0, 1, 5, & 7.

I asked Ando in BurgerTuning which map to run. He replied "Map7 with race fuel.

Therefore, I got misfiring on Cyl#1, 3, 4, 5 in different runs, every time I drive strongly in DS under map7. I am using Octane 93.
Sometimes 30FC also appears.

I tried to run map0 & 1 from cold engine. No error pops up. No matter how crazy I accelerate in D or DS.

Just couple days ago, I switch to map5 to see if it can be better performance than map1 and no error. It then shows 30FC only. No misfiring occurs anymore.

Let me know if you need further info.

Thank you.
(#30)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 06-30-2020, 04:03 AM

What flash is on the car?

If you opted to run just pump gas (93) on map 7- likely too aggressive for the octane.

Once I have more details I’ll be able to help more, however if you are emailing ando- im inclined to say you continue to use him, so we aren’t doing double work / stepping on each other’s toes.

Burger Motorsports

(#31)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
What flash is on the car?

If you opted to run just pump gas (93) on map 7- likely too aggressive for the octane.

Once I have more details I’ll be able to help more, however if you are emailing ando- im inclined to say you continue to use him, so we aren’t doing double work / stepping on each other’s toes.
Hi, Dave, I only exchanged mails with Ando during my order placed and parts installed. The last mail from him was telling me "map7 with race fuel." which was more than one month ago.

Please help me to figure out what my real issue is.

Before install those parts and JB4, I sent my car to a local modification house. They installed dual cone intake, chargepipe, *******-*********, and Stage2 ECU flash(they declared my car reached 400hp(crank)).

After the above stage2 package, I changed 7" intercooler, 2-step colder spark plugs, sport ignition coils(ecstuning.com), Fuel-IT Stage 1 Fuel Pump Upgrade, Oil Catch Can, & JB4.

I checked my mods which should be able to reach 500hp. Please help me to find the bug. Thank you.
(#32)
Old

Default 06-30-2020, 08:25 AM

That many * is
c a t l e s s DOWN p i p e s

I have no idea why it cannot show normally.
(#33)
Old
Super Moderator

Red face 07-01-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntumow
Hi, Dave, I only exchanged mails with Ando during my order placed and parts installed. The last mail from him was telling me "map7 with race fuel." which was more than one month ago.

Please help me to figure out what my real issue is.

Before install those parts and JB4, I sent my car to a local modification house. They installed dual cone intake, chargepipe, *******-*********, and Stage2 ECU flash(they declared my car reached 400hp(crank)).

After the above stage2 package, I changed 7" intercooler, 2-step colder spark plugs, sport ignition coils(ecstuning.com), Fuel-IT Stage 1 Fuel Pump Upgrade, Oil Catch Can, & JB4.

I checked my mods which should be able to reach 500hp. Please help me to find the bug. Thank you.
Okay, so the shop installed the JB4, but what is a stage 2 flash?

At this point, if a shop put on a stage 2 flash, we donít know whatís done to it, where itís from, or even if it should be used with the JB4

Iíd load our FREE backend flash, and relog map 1

Burger Motorsports

(#34)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-01-2020, 05:56 AM

Link to the flashes:

N54 BimmerBoost MHD Back End Flash Maps - N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion

Burger Motorsports

(#35)
Old

Default 07-05-2020, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Okay, so the shop installed the JB4, but what is a stage 2 flash?

At this point, if a shop put on a stage 2 flash, we donít know whatís done to it, where itís from, or even if it should be used with the JB4

Iíd load our FREE backend flash, and relog map 1
Dave,

The shop did not install JB4. I installed myself.
I thought the stage2 flash written by the shop should be passed by JB4.

What questions should I ask the shop for the information you want?

"Iíd load our FREE backend flash, and relog map 1"
You mean I should load your FREE backend flash?

PS. English is not my native language. I may not be able to well understand or express the meaning, but I am trying my best. Thank you for the understanding.
(#36)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-05-2020, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Dave,

The shop did not install JB4. I installed myself.
I thought the stage2 flash written by the shop should be passed by JB4.

What questions should I ask the shop for the information you want?

"Iíd load our FREE backend flash, and relog map 1"
You mean I should load your FREE backend flash?

PS. English is not my native language. I may not be able to well understand or express the meaning, but I am trying my best. Thank you for the understanding.
No worries.

1) ask shop which flash is on the car

2) you can install our flash, itís free, link above

Burger Motorsports

(#37)
Old

Default 07-06-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Dave,

I read the post about BMS free flash. In order to ensure my correct understanding, the free flash requires either MHD Wireless OBDII Adapter or Bavarian Technic USB/OBDII cable.

I ordered one MHD for XHP transmission maps two weeks ago in June. It has been on the way from German with some issues. I am still waiting for the delivery.

If MHD adapter can do the flash, I do not need to buy Bavarian Technic cable, right?

It may take days until I get MHD adapter.

regards, albert
(#38)
Old

Default 07-06-2020, 09:17 AM

Dave,

Since I have to wait MHD adapter for the flash, I wonder if the earlier logs can identify where the problem is. Or if map7 is too aggressive, map5 is a self-learning one. How come the 30FC still appears under map5?
(#39)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-06-2020, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Dave,

Since I have to wait MHD adapter for the flash, I wonder if the earlier logs can identify where the problem is. Or if map7 is too aggressive, map5 is a self-learning one. How come the 30FC still appears under map5?
The more current logs the better.

Once you flash the car with our file, it will give us a much clearer idea with what is going on.

Just use map 1 or 5 for now

Burger Motorsports

(#40)
Old

Default 07-08-2020, 09:43 AM

Dave,

The shop replied they were using ATM-Chiptuning | Chiptuning van uw benzine- en/of diesel auto stage2 flash on my car.
(#41)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-08-2020, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Dave,

The shop replied they were using ATM-Chiptuning | Chiptuning van uw benzine- en/of diesel auto stage2 flash on my car.
Ok thatís part of the issue, that flash isnít compatible or optimized with your JB4

Burger Motorsports

(#42)
Old

Default 07-27-2020, 11:36 AM

Dave,

I got MHD Wireless OBDII Wifi Flash Adapter.

May I write the BEF from my phone through the adapter to my car ECU without cable?
(#43)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 07-28-2020, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Dave,

I got MHD Wireless OBDII Wifi Flash Adapter.

May I write the BEF from my phone through the adapter to my car ECU without cable?
Yup!

Burger Motorsports

(#44)
Old

Default 08-09-2020, 11:12 AM

Dave, should i just buy this license?
Or anything else?
Attached Images

(#45)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-10-2020, 02:12 PM

You’ll want the flasher, yes.

The flashes themselves you download here for free

Burger Motorsports

(#46)
Old

Default 08-29-2020, 11:15 AM

Hi, Dave,

Finally, i got my MHD arrived which was order two months ago.

My DME is I8A0S, and there is no E85 fuel here in TAIWAN. thus, I use JB4_I8A0S_RACE.bin.

Did I choose the right one?
Or which one should I use?

Further more,
How should I test my car now?
Use JB4 MAP1, 5, 7?

Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

(#47)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 08-30-2020, 06:55 AM

Hey, Nice it made it!

If no e85 access, load the PUMP flash.

Make sure you set your JB4 to 4 / 2 in your steering wheel controls after you flash the pump flash & log map 1

Burger Motorsports

(#48)
Old

Default 09-08-2020, 02:12 AM

Hi, Dave,

I had written pump BEF into my ECU and JB4 setup to map1 with 4/2.
I drove about 40KM with maximum acceleration. JB4 read "2AAF Fuel pump" from the car.

Is 2AAE an issue? Should I upload my log to you?

BTW, I installed the Snow ethanol injection starting working from 6psi.

Thanks!!
(#49)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-08-2020, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Hi, Dave,

I had written pump BEF into my ECU and JB4 setup to map1 with 4/2.
I drove about 40KM with maximum acceleration. JB4 read "2AAF Fuel pump" from the car.

Is 2AAE an issue? Should I upload my log to you?

BTW, I installed the Snow ethanol injection starting working from 6psi.

Thanks!!
Upload a proper log.

2AAF is sometimes a tuner code most can ignore, but let's see a log

Burger Motorsports

(#50)
Old

Default 09-13-2020, 01:25 AM

Dave, here attached two logs which both generated 2AAE code.

(I remove rows lower than 10psi.)

Please kindly review for me, and let me know if there's any issue.

Thank you very much.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M1_R1_200907_221740(Truncated).csv (19.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: csv P32_M1_R1_200907_225341(Truncated).csv (25.7 KB, 10 views)