N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4076)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 3.0t
Default 04-10-2019, 10:39 PM

Hello Terry. Been playing with map 6 on 93 pump gas and been told by others I'm pushing it too far. Are they right?
Attached Files
File Type: xls 2019-03-28 09_27_49_Map-6.xls (23.0 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by BstQdUp; 04-11-2019 at 11:25 PM..
(#4077)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 Luxe
Default 04-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Hey Terry, could you please take a look at this log? I've been lurking on here a while but never shared a log as my car was running like a champ and I had map 6 setup at pretty conservative boost levels (max +5). Juiced up my map 6 settings a little bit so I wanted to make sure everything looks good, because I did see that the car pulled some timing as I approached peak boost. TIA and keep up the great work!
Attached Files
File Type: csv map 6 log 4.11.19.csv (11.6 KB, 51 views)
(#4078)
Old

Car: 2019 Infiniti Q50 sport AWD
Default Map 5 2019 Q50 Silversport - 04-12-2019, 07:30 PM

Hello Terry can you look at my logs, I have a 2019 Q50 Silversport, 93 octane Shell gas, Stock just JB4 which I installed 2 days ago. I went straight to Map 5, no fuel wires, can you see my log and see if all is well? Can I jump to map 7?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-12 18_16_58_Map-5.csv (10.8 KB, 50 views)
(#4079)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BstQdUp
Hello Terry. Been playing with map 6 on 93 pump gas and been told by others I'm pushing it too far. Are they right?
Would need CSV from app, not an excel file.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4080)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balakay
Hey Terry, could you please take a look at this log? I've been lurking on here a while but never shared a log as my car was running like a champ and I had map 6 setup at pretty conservative boost levels (max +5). Juiced up my map 6 settings a little bit so I wanted to make sure everything looks good, because I did see that the car pulled some timing as I approached peak boost. TIA and keep up the great work!
Seems fine to me, but not quite full throttle.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4081)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy164
Hello Terry can you look at my logs, I have a 2019 Q50 Silversport, 93 octane Shell gas, Stock just JB4 which I installed 2 days ago. I went straight to Map 5, no fuel wires, can you see my log and see if all is well? Can I jump to map 7?
JB4 interface won't open it.

Burger Motorsports

(#4082)
Old

Default 04-12-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Would need CSV from app, not an excel file.
Do you know how I can pull that and post it using only an android phone? Don't have access to a computer. Would a screenshot of the graph help?

Edit: Ahaa, I figured it out
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-03-28 09_27_49_Map-6.csv (6.7 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by BstQdUp; 04-12-2019 at 09:34 PM..
(#4083)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-12-2019, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Do you know how I can pull that and post it using only an android phone? Don't have access to a computer. Would a screenshot of the graph help?

Edit: Ahaa, I figured it out
Seems a bit aggressive, based on fuel trims and midrange timing. I'd take it down maybe 1.5psi.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4084)
Old

Default 04-12-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
I'd take it down maybe 1.5psi.
Will do. Was running a step-up/step-down setup up to +8psi in the midrange. I'll lower the max to 6.5 and log another run.

What is the best way to get a good log with all the info you would like to see? Keep it at a 3rd gear WOT pull like this log or should I do something different?
(#4085)
Old

Default 04-12-2019, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffeyy
Boost Safety - 20
Default Wastegate - 30
What made you put the default wastegate to 30? What does that do exactly?
(#4086)
Old

Default 04-13-2019, 03:21 AM

Let's try this attachment again...
Bump*
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-04-12 18_16_58_Map-5.csv (7.1 KB, 48 views)
(#4087)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50
Default 04-13-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure. It's what a lot people on the facebook group uses.

@Terry, I went to the track on 93 with LDP and AMS intake. I have fuel wires but have not installed them. I ran map 7 and noticed the throttle drops to the low 20's at one point. Is this because of shifting or traction control(I don't recall if this was my run without traction controll on)? Or is there another issue. I still have no idea what I'm doing and it seems like the info I can find is all over the place as far as opinions and settings when trying to learn about the map 6 stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: csv Map-7.csv (29.3 KB, 56 views)
(#4088)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 12:27 AM

So I did a map 6 1st-4th gear log and a solo 3rd gear log with the max boost being at 6.5, default wastegate position set to 30 (idk why) and it seems to only drop ign and trims on the 3rd gear pulls that I've logged. Do you know what's going on here Terry?
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 00_31_17_Map-6.csv (10.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-13 00_35_04_Map-6.csv (6.5 KB, 47 views)
(#4089)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
It's not active on JB4, was an old JB1 setting for throttle response.

Burger Motorsports

(#4090)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:

Let's try this attachment again...
Bump*
I'd keep it on map5.. Map7 is kill mode for E30 or race gas.

Burger Motorsports

(#4091)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
So I did a map 6 1st-4th gear log and a solo 3rd gear log with the max boost being at 6.5, default wastegate position set to 30 (idk why) and it seems to only drop ign and trims on the 3rd gear pulls that I've logged. Do you know what's going on here Terry?
The logs themselves look OK, although I wonder if you'd be faster on our map3. That is where a dragy comes in handy to see if you're really adding performance in certain situations.

Burger Motorsports

(#4092)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoffeyy
Honestly, I'm not sure. It's what a lot people on the facebook group uses.

@Terry, I went to the track on 93 with LDP and AMS intake. I have fuel wires but have not installed them. I ran map 7 and noticed the throttle drops to the low 20's at one point. Is this because of shifting or traction control(I don't recall if this was my run without traction controll on)? Or is there another issue. I still have no idea what I'm doing and it seems like the info I can find is all over the place as far as opinions and settings when trying to learn about the map 6 stuff.
It's from touching the rev limiter in 1st gear due to spin I presume.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4093)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 09:54 AM

Thank you Terry glad everything looks good, now I need to add parts 😈. Heat exchanger and lower down *****. Fuel wires next for sure ordering that now. I want to buy the BMS intake inlets heard it was a pain to install, someone said they had to shave off some plastic from the stock intake box.
(#4094)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 10:44 AM

Intake is really easy to install. Inlets are a little more of a challenge but no shaving required!

Burger Motorsports

(#4095)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 04-14-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Thank you Terry glad everything looks good, now I need to add parts 😈. Heat exchanger and lower down *****. Fuel wires next for sure ordering that now. I want to buy the BMS intake inlets heard it was a pain to install, someone said they had to shave off some plastic from the stock intake box.
No shaving required. IMO best to do both if you're already down there doing the intakes. It's super easy and worth it

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#4096)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
No shaving required. IMO best to do both if you're already down there doing the intakes. It's super easy and worth it
Hey Payam I was debating because definitely living in NJ summer is coming so heat exchanger a must. Was told last thing I should do is intake since stock air box flows very well.
(#4097)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 07:50 PM

Quote:
The logs themselves look OK, although I wonder if you'd be faster on our map3. That is where a dragy comes in handy to see if you're really adding performance in certain situations.

Thanks for checking them out. What I usually do is record my 0-60 or 80 runs and use a stopwatch to time them afterwards lol. I'm interested in buying a dragy but unfortunately was laid off last week after 4 yrs of working for the same company. If there was some sort of discount on it, it might help my decision to pull the trigger, I'm just saying
(#4098)
Old

Default 04-14-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
It's not active on JB4, was an old JB1 setting for throttle response.
Ahh ok! So it doesn't matter what it's set to
(#4099)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-14-2019, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for checking them out. What I usually do is record my 0-60 or 80 runs and use a stopwatch to time them afterwards lol. I'm interested in buying a dragy but unfortunately was laid off last week after 4 yrs of working for the same company. If there was some sort of discount on it, it might help my decision to pull the trigger, I'm just saying
Sadly it's $149, they won't let us sell it for less. But it's well worth it. Definitely not a priority though if you've got bills. When you have the cash pick one up.

Burger Motorsports

(#4100)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-15-2019, 04:42 AM

I planned on grabbing inlets to see if that got rid of this hard jerk I experience often around 3500 rpm. Any video if install process?

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46