N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#4051)
Old

Car: 2017 Q60 3.0t Coupe
Default 04-05-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Working on updating our JB4 guide. Need some engine bay photos of the JB4 harness plugged in and also showing JB4 control box placement. Ideally on a stock engine bay. Our development cars have intakes on and too lazy to remove them.
I have a couple of pics that fit your criteria that may be useful to you. How can I send them to you?
~

2017 Q60 Premuim 3.0t RWD
BMS JB1/JB4 Module
BMS Air Intake
Tanabe Strut Tower Brace
Tanabe Medalion Touring Axleback Exh.
(#4052)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-05-2019, 10:11 AM

@Terry, somewhat off topic but is there a size difference between the Regular heat exchanger you sell vs the Elite?

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4053)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-05-2019, 10:27 AM

No they are equivalent. The Elite is a little nicer, and weighs less. I think it's worth the extra $100. But we also realize this is a price driven market so have to offer the cheaper option also.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4054)
Old

Car: Q50 SS
Default 04-05-2019, 11:30 AM

Terry is there some place we can email our logs to you? I keep posting on here but it always gets missed.
(#4055)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-05-2019, 01:47 PM

Hello @terry I was wondering if we can do a FF duty bias tune on our platforms yet? What does PID stand for and what does it do? I tried to look at my FF and WGDC they both 0'd out and my duty bias sometimes goes up. Thanks
(#4056)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 Silver Sport
Question E30 - 04-05-2019, 02:44 PM

Before I get some data logs this weekend after making an E30 blend, is there any settings I need to adjust on the JB4 for running E30? Would you recommend grabbing a few logs using map 7 before moving on to map 6 adjustments or is there a better map for e30 logs?
(#4057)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Map7 is the most aggressive map. I'd start lower probably map5.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4058)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta121
Terry is there some place we can email our logs to you? I keep posting on here but it always gets missed.
Just quote the thread or bump it if I miss it. Generally speaking I only need to see logs if there is some specific issue with the car we're looking for though.

Burger Motorsports

(#4059)
Old

Default 04-06-2019, 10:16 AM

Hello @terry I was wondering if we can do a FF duty bias tune on our platforms yet? What does PID stand for and what does it do? I tried to look at my FF and WGDC they both 0'd out and my duty bias sometimes goes up. Thanks

Bump

Also any way i can make my stock ecu request more boost?
(#4060)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2019, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlegends

Bump

Also any way i can make my stock ecu request more boost?
We don't have EWG control active yet so PID/FF won't do anything.

Not sure what the second question is.

Burger Motorsports

(#4061)
Old

Icon1 04-06-2019, 12:46 PM

I have a luxe and my stock ecu is asking for 8psi of boost and i want it to request say 14, and then add jb4 boost on top is it possible?
(#4062)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-07-2019, 09:19 AM

Hi Everyone.

Mr. Terry,

Would you mind checking out my logs? Both runs felt smooth for the most part. I might've felt some hesitation down low but it could've just been in my head too, not sure. Thanks in advance!

19 Q50 RS RWD - JB4
Attached Files
File Type: csv Run 1 Map 2.csv (20.0 KB, 58 views)
File Type: csv Run 2 Map 2.csv (52.0 KB, 71 views)
(#4063)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I have a luxe and my stock ecu is asking for 8psi of boost and i want it to request say 14, and then add jb4 boost on top is it possible?
Do you understand how the JB4 works vs a full tune with ECUTEK?
(#4064)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 06:34 PM

Yes the jb4 is a boost controller which tricks and overrides signals that get sent to ecu and it can also adjust afrs and help trick the fuel pump. Whereas a ecutek is a direct change to ecu allowing u to play with more variables such as timing and ignition
(#4065)
Old

Default 04-07-2019, 06:35 PM

And my question has nothing to do with the jb4, im curious what makes the q50 sometimes request 8psi vs 12 on the same exact car in different conditions. What makes those conditions?
(#4066)
Old

Default 04-08-2019, 04:23 AM

Quote:
And my question has nothing to do with the jb4, im curious what makes the q50 sometimes request 8psi vs 12 on the same exact car in different conditions. What makes those conditions?
Reread what I quoted in that post. That is not what you asked. But to answer what's quoted here, the ecu takes into account things like coolant temp and iats and adjusts the requested boost level. An example of this is if the engine is not warm enough it will reduce the commanded boost level.
(#4067)
Old

Car: 2019 Q50 Luxe
Default 04-08-2019, 08:05 AM

oh max is here? let me get situated..

2019 Q50 Luxe RWD *JB4 with Bluetooth, Fuel Wires & EWG Connectors*BMS Intakes*AMS Downers*Frozen Boost 101*Megan Y Pipe*ADD W1 Oil Catch Can*HKS BOVs*275/40/19 Firehawk Indy 500s*
423 whp, 450 tq at 16.8psi with E30/JB4/FW/Intakes
12.64 @114mph
0-60 4.46
(#4068)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolvingApe
Hi Everyone.

Mr. Terry,

Would you mind checking out my logs? Both runs felt smooth for the most part. I might've felt some hesitation down low but it could've just been in my head too, not sure. Thanks in advance!

19 Q50 RS RWD - JB4
Looks good to me! How's the 1/4 mile times?
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#4069)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-08-2019, 08:40 AM

Quote:
The factory ECU is LOAD based not boost based. It attempts to keep power equal under all driving conditions and climates, regardless of altitude, intake temps, humidity, and the sort. Boost is the variable that it's changing.

Burger Motorsports

(#4070)
Old

Car: 2016 Infiniti Q50 SS
Default 2016 Inifiniti Q50 Silver sport map 7 datalog - 04-09-2019, 07:43 AM

Hello everyone. I ahve a 2016 Inifiniti Q50 Silver sport running 93 octane with 4 gallons of E85 on map 7. Im just curious if you guys could take a look at these datalogs and see if all is well. Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-04 18_42_59_Map-7.csv (5.0 KB, 61 views)
File Type: csv highway_pull_Map-7.csv (11.8 KB, 67 views)
(#4071)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-09-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericQ50
Hello everyone. I ahve a 2016 Inifiniti Q50 Silver sport running 93 octane with 4 gallons of E85 on map 7. Im just curious if you guys could take a look at these datalogs and see if all is well. Thanks
Seems OK but update the firmware so we can see fuel pressure!

Burger Motorsports

(#4072)
Old

Car: Q50 SS
Default 04-09-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Just quote the thread or bump it if I miss it. Generally speaking I only need to see logs if there is some specific issue with the car we're looking for though.
@Terry can you please take a look at these logs. Both are 3rd gear pulls starting at about 2k rpm. It looks a bit strange to me in the middle of the run.

Mods: jb4 with fuel wires, stillen intakes, megan ldp
Map: 6
Attached Files
File Type: csv 0_2019-03-03 22_58_52_Map-6 (1).csv (12.8 KB, 64 views)
File Type: csv 0_2019-03-03 22_59_16_Map-6 (1).csv (7.0 KB, 52 views)
(#4073)
Old

Car: 2017 Q50
Default 04-09-2019, 12:27 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb post, but this is where I'm supposed to come to learn about this stuff right?

I just started diving into map 6 but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking for in the logs to make sure everything is running right before bumping it up.

I havent installed my fuel wires yet. Should I wait until they're installed to mess with map 6?

Also, this is on 93 pump gas, AMS instake, BMS HX, Megan *********

1500 - 2.0
2000 - 3.0
2500 - 4.0
3000 - 5.0
3500 - 5.0
4000 - 6.0
4500 - 6.0
5000 - 5.0
5500 - 5.0
6000 - 4.0
6500 - 3.0
7000 - 0.0

Boost Safety - 20
Default Wastegate - 30
Attached Files
File Type: csv 2019-04-09 12_29_41_Map-6-3rd gear.csv (10.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: csv 2019-04-09 12_30_52_Map-6.csv (7.8 KB, 56 views)
(#4074)
Old

Default 04-09-2019, 12:30 PM

Low cost LSD upgrade thread is finally up in this section. Pics wont upload so I linked to Q50.org thread.
(#4075)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-10-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Looks good to me! How's the 1/4 mile times?
I didn't get to check my 1/4 tbh but boy was the car hauling. I'm running 91 octane here in SoCal so I've actually gone down to Map 1 since then for fear of cooking the engine. With your input though maybe I'll go back up to Map 2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Low cost LSD upgrade thread is finally up in this section. Pics wont upload so I linked to Q50.org thread.
That's awesome! I'd been looking for an LSD upgrade for some time now but was put off by the price. Now that you've provided an alternative though maybe I can finally give it a go. Keep us updated.

2019 Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD - JB4

Last edited by EvolvingApe; 04-10-2019 at 07:59 PM..