N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1401)
Old

Car: 335ti
Default 05-05-2020, 09:19 AM

Hi! Its my forst post here. Sorry for my english! There is someone using ONLY PI And delete the DI?
(#1402)
Old

Car: bmw 335i e92 AT
Default Single turbo + stage 3 lpfp + PI bms controlled jb4 configuration. - 05-07-2020, 07:56 AM

Hello, I have a n54 335i ST 6466 with mhd flash and jb4 s4 lpfp and PI bms controlled.

I have read a lot and have found some diference in jb4 config and that gave me some confussion.

Fuel bias shold be set to 50 ( that is clear !!)
Fuel open loop: I saw that some people set it to zero. Why??
Meth safty mode and meth trigger mode should be at zero ??? ( I am not runing meth... just e85 with port injection and stage 4 lpfp).

Wmi settings:

Signal scaling should be 99 or 100?? What is the diference??
As I don't have hobbs switch I should enable external trigger ( option 1) and set rpms and min tps.
Am I ok??

What about ethanol set up?? Which options should I turn to ON?? I think it is 4 and what else??

Thank you guys.

335i AT 2008
DOC RACE 6466 SINGLE TURBO
JB4 G5ISO + MHD TUNING
FUEL IT PI kit BMS controlled
FUEL IT STAGE 4 LPFP
XHP flash stage 3
VRSF RACE EXHAUST
VRSF 7.5 FMIC
NGK SPARKS TWO STEPS COLDER

(#1403)
Old

Car: 135i
Default 05-07-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdiabetes
Hello, I have a n54 335i ST 6466 with mhd flash and jb4 s4 lpfp and PI bms controlled.

I have read a lot and have found some diference in jb4 config and that gave me some confussion.

Fuel bias shold be set to 50 ( that is clear !!)
Fuel open loop: I saw that some people set it to zero. Why??
Meth safty mode and meth trigger mode should be at zero ??? ( I am not runing meth... just e85 with port injection and stage 4 lpfp).

Wmi settings:

Signal scaling should be 99 or 100?? What is the diference??
As I don't have hobbs switch I should enable external trigger ( option 1) and set rpms and min tps.
Am I ok??

What about ethanol set up?? Which options should I turn to ON?? I think it is 4 and what else??

Thank you guys.
I have an almost identical setup as yours, but with PR hobbs switch and am curious on the signal scaling and Fuel_OL too.
I have my signal scaling set to 99, but am still showing 0 in my fuelen column on the datalog when doing a pull (which then kicks the car into Map 1 due to a lastsafety-3).
Since my PI controller wiring all looks good, I will change the scaling to 100 and report back if there's any change in case you don't get a response before I try it.
For my Fuel_OL setting, the log is showing it at 80, so not sure if I should change it or not.

Evil1 '08 135i 6MT swapped with a few go fast bits...
(#1404)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 05-07-2020, 03:35 PM

Fuel open loop should be 0.

If you're not getting any signal then PI wiring might be wrong.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#1405)
Old

Car: BMW 335i xDrive
Default 05-10-2020, 09:26 PM

Any way to turn off or turn down PI & the secondary lpfp on a stage 3 with the jb4? Just wondering before I make the plunge to this setup with full e85 in the event that I'm not able to get e85 & have to fill up with pump gas. I would want those to not be running? Or do I need to get the flex fuel setup to control things? Thanks. & sorry if this has been asked, this thread is long.
(#1406)
Old

Default 05-20-2020, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie8888
Hi! Its my forst post here. Sorry for my english! There is someone using ONLY PI And delete the DI?
No one?
(#1407)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-20-2020, 10:20 AM

Quote:
No one?
Seems like it would be a pain.. you would need to seal the injector ports.. What benefits would there be by deleting DI?
(#1408)
Old

Default 05-20-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxmad
Seems like it would be a pain.. you would need to seal the injector ports.. What benefits would there be by deleting DI?
Yeah, i know it would be a pain...

I ask about these seals, or if is posible leave this injectors just for seal, i plan to machine a "fake" steel injectors to seal the head.

Benefits? Deleting Injectors, HPFP, and have a clean intake valves.

Why? I am planing a swap on a e46, and there is more easy manage the engine with a standalone without DI.
(#1409)
Old

Car: 335xi
Default 05-20-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Yeah, i know it would be a pain...

I ask about these seals, or if is posible leave this injectors just for seal, i plan to machine a "fake" steel injectors to seal the head.

Benefits? Deleting Injectors, HPFP, and have a clean intake valves.

Why? I am planing a swap on a e46, and there is more easy manage the engine with a standalone without DI.
I know this was done with a 2020 Supra build. They left the injectors in place and the injectors basically exploded due to heat.

I always thought DI was more efficient at fuel delivery. I wonder what would be needed of LPFP and PI alone to manage AFR.

That's going to be one hellofa e46..
(#1410)
Old

Default 05-20-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxmad
I know this was done with a 2020 Supra build. They left the injectors in place and the injectors basically exploded due to heat.

I always thought DI was more efficient at fuel delivery. I wonder what would be needed of LPFP and PI alone to manage AFR.

That's going to be one hellofa e46..
Yeah, but supra 2020 (B58) injectors are not full steel, you talk about papadakis right? N54 injectors are full steel.