N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 2011 335IS
Default Alex's Log Review an custom tune questions. - 09-24-2020, 05:26 AM

Hello and thank you for this forum. I have been using BMS e85 Hybrid Back End Flash with Terry's suggested JB4 settings for Hybrid Turbos.

All was going well -despite it being laggy with the PS2 high flows...but power band felt much more suited to highway than before- until the local air got cold which coincided with random misfire -probably too lean-, so I opted to work with a custom tuner, which if I had realized the amount of time I would wait to get a first revision, I would have just used everyone's help here instead; so here we are and I am forced to learn how to read logs with help. Not a terrible thing!

I have local access to e85 and fill up straight e85. My intuition is telling me I was having timing pulls on my original setup due to HPFP, but I am still learning how to interpret using the "N54 Ultimate Data Logging Guide"... I give great thanks for creating that. I will provide a log with the setup mentioned above later today.

Any reason that the base Map that custom tuner gave makes my car run much worse than it ever has? We did catch that I had 3.5 Bar selected for both JB4 and MHD which I have since corrected via MHD. With this combination the aforesaid base map was a disaster with surging and timing that sounded like a diesel. Timing still feels super retarded though. I probably had this N20 sensor issue rearing it's head with my original setup.

This is my log based on the base-map which I was sent from custom tuner. No bad-mouthing from me, he is busy. I will create a log later with my original settings, and have you determine which one is closer to optimum and will require the least amount of help. With my fueling should I just try the RACE BEF instead of e85 Hybrid. Virtual sensor is reading 90 on this tank, so E45, correct? Also, how do I interpret a maximum of 3 degrees of timing pulls from my data so that I can respect everyone's time here and ask for as little help as possible?

P.S. Tuner requested that I put duty cycles much lower than what Terry suggested for e85 Hybrid, is that why boost is always under target with bigger turbskis? I have all new vacuum lines and just ordered new solenoids just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M6_R3_200921_1318 (1).csv (192.7 KB, 11 views)

2011 335IS

PS2, Helix 3:1 HPFP Overdrive, meow-less with resonator intact, muffler delete. BMS DCI, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, VVTO Crank Hub with capture, 5" stepped FMIC, VSRF Outlets with 2" Silicone Inlets, XS Power charge pipe with 50 MM BOV with 11 LBS Spring, Vader Solutions Vacuum Adapter, Eldor Coils, Walnuts, NGK97506 @.020, JB4 G5, Index 12. BMS Catch Can with upgraded PCV, N20 3.5 Bar

Last edited by nimubimu; 09-24-2020 at 07:02 AM..
(#2)
Old

Default As promised e85 hybrid with Terry's settings - 09-24-2020, 11:36 AM

Car Idles and runs much smoother than base map from tuner. The Boost is now also hitting target much better. How heathy is the attached log? Based on other Pump and Race tunes I have had on stock turbos, I feel that there is still a bit left on the table with this tune. Any adjustments suggested?

https://www.n54tech.com/forums/image...burnrubber.gif
Attached Files
File Type: csv e85 hybrid Terrys settings.csv (65.3 KB, 11 views)

2011 335IS

PS2, Helix 3:1 HPFP Overdrive, meow-less with resonator intact, muffler delete. BMS DCI, Fuel-It Stage 2 LPFP, VVTO Crank Hub with capture, 5" stepped FMIC, VSRF Outlets with 2" Silicone Inlets, XS Power charge pipe with 50 MM BOV with 11 LBS Spring, Vader Solutions Vacuum Adapter, Eldor Coils, Walnuts, NGK97506 @.020, JB4 G5, Index 12. BMS Catch Can with upgraded PCV, N20 3.5 Bar
(#3)
Old

Default As promised e85 hybrid with Terry's settings - 09-24-2020, 12:18 PM

I did not turn on Disable RPM FF Gain for log because the important big red letters did not show up on my black and white printout for the car. Do I have to log again?

2011 335IS