N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 07 335i
Default Fuel pressure - 09-12-2020, 09:22 PM

So I just replaced my lpfp with precision raceworks 2.5 kit and I'm still getting kicked for low fuel pressure is my hpfp going out hows it look to you I just want my car back to normal
Attached Files
File Type: csv P32_M6_R2_200912_2307.csv (27.6 KB, 27 views)
(#2)
Old

Default 09-12-2020, 09:38 PM

Throttle valve angle manifold vacuum correlation as well as o2 codes but I figure that's ******* dp let me know if you think it's not and what I need to look for please
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-15-2020, 09:50 AM

HPFP looks to tank hard on initial onset

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-15-2020, 10:06 AM

Is that pump or regulator related and it doesnt kick me until like top of 3rd or 4th that's where the other part of the issue is but yes watching my hpfp on jb4 I can see it drop as I put my foot down the car hesitates and then goes and pressure comes back up
(#5)
Old

Default 09-15-2020, 06:01 PM

I also have a spare lpfp sensor that it tried and that one reads 58psi put original back in and it still reads 64 65 at idle does the regulator leak so the lpfp cant feed the high or does it seem all hpfp related
(#6)
Old

Default 09-15-2020, 06:09 PM

Low pressure only drops 2psi when car is shut off leading me to believe the regulator should be fine but the high pressure drops from 5 at idle to 2 when the car is shut off does that mean its leaking internally and not holding in the pressure it needs to or is that not how that works I'm stumped guys
(#7)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-16-2020, 10:20 PM

All your symptoms + the logs show the HPFP is shot or very tired

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#8)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 04:28 AM

Ok I'll try another one heres a log from this morning on the way to work the top looks ok but in the beginning the high pressure really does seem to dip then come back on so I will change it let me know if you see anything else in the log that is of concern I have a dyno day on sunday and want full potential
Attached Files
File Type: csv morning log.csv (14.3 KB, 17 views)
(#9)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-17-2020, 06:10 PM

what is the ethanol mix?

HPFP on tip in looks really low

Fuel trims are also maxed from basically 3k and on.

Did you install the flash?

Burger Motorsports

(#10)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 06:15 PM

E50 on these runs I'm going down to e30 and putting on the hpfp and yes I have the race bef
(#11)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-17-2020, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedloony
E50 on these runs I'm going down to e30 and putting on the hpfp and yes I have the race bef
Lets drop you down to e40 first, let's see if we can get the HPFP to hang w. some lower ethanol

Burger Motorsports

(#12)
Old

Default 09-17-2020, 07:19 PM

Ok will do tomorrow after work about 6 should be able to have a log up by 630
(#13)
Old
Super Moderator

Default 09-22-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedloony
Ok will do tomorrow after work about 6 should be able to have a log up by 630
Sounds good.

Burger Motorsports