N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 335i
Default 335i Auto Transmission 6hp21 issues slipping - 09-04-2020, 03:40 PM

Hi all, I have been stumped by transmission slipping issues in my 2008 e92 335i for a while now. It is currently running mhd stage 2 with alpina flash.

- When driving it will slip out of gear and default to gear S6 and end up going into transmission limp mode. This happens everytime I would floor it or boost kicks in. If lightly pedaling it, it will sort of shift normally.

- replaced mechatronics sleeve, adapter seal, oil/filter to no avail, so I swapped another working 6hp21 with the same effects of slipping issues.

- codes that pop up are:

2E7F: DME: EGS via PT-CAN2 and PT-CAN

CD99: Message (torque request, EGS 0xB5) faulty, receiver DME transmitter EGS/HIM/SMG/DKG

CD9D: Message (torque request, EGS, 0xBA) faulty, receiverDME, transmitter EGS/HIM/SMG/DKG

CD9E: Message (transmission data 2, 0x1A2) faulty, receiver DME transmitter EGS/SMG/DKG

CDB0: Message error (display,transmission data, 0x1D2), DME receiver, ETC/HIM/SMG/DKG transmitter

These codes are consistent when the slipping/transmission limp mode happens. Engine runs fine otherwise.
(#2)
Old

Car: 335i e90 n54
Default 09-17-2020, 03:01 PM

how much horsepower is your car and how much boost are you running?

could be torque convertor itself or maybe clutch packs. those flashes are nice but put a lot of stress on the system. worst case.

but because of the codes could be a voltage issue however, from what you are describing sounds more mechanical than electrical (signal output based).

Do you have inpa or ista?