N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 06 E90 330i German Version
Default Infamous 4 5 6 misfire!!! HELP SOS! - 09-07-2020, 10:52 PM

Hi, im new here, i have a 07 E92 335i German spec N54 Duuh, i bought this car with some issues, the car only has 28k miles, from day #1 30FF error, completly stock car, and several misfires and 4 5 6 and at idle sounds like a 2 cylinders are gone, jerky, slow, not boost and 30FF, to fix some issues in the car, i changed the thermostat, bank 1 before *** 02 sensor, and i installed VRSF DP, VRSF inlets, VRSF intakes, Delphi coils, 2 step colder spark plugs (yes, gapped) Extreme Turbo System 7" IC, Vargas Turbo chargepipe, Turbosmart BOV, STOCK TUNE. When i changed the coils and spark plugs i thought my issue was there, but nope, i bought the BMW special tools to remove the injectors clean it and put new seals and rings, they are little dirty, i cleaned and the same idle misfire, same codes, new battery, same codes, i removed the intake manifold and there is some carbon there, i cleaned the carbon, like new, same idle and errors, i swap my index 10 injector with a friend who has a perfect stock 335i with index 09, i use my scanner to set the injectors part numbers, start the car, same thing! those days i had to change my fuel pump, the plausibility error came in, put a new 450 fuel pump, the car feels the same, my lower pressure is 70ish psi under wot, cruising, etc, never have a long start in the morning or so, so now im stucked, today i made some logs with MHD (just log, NOT tuned DME) and the car i making 7psi and the bank 1 afr at wot is 12.5 to 13 and bank 2 extremely lean, 17+, so what the hell is happening with my car? any wiring issue?? i made 660whp in my 2008 Honda Civic and i sold all my turbo kit to buy this thing, now you can imagine how i feel right? this is my second language im sorry, SOS please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
BTW i checked my DME, and the 6 mosfet are good!!!!

Last edited by N52german; 09-07-2020 at 11:12 PM..
(#2)
Old

Car: Bmw e92 335i
Default 09-09-2020, 07:31 PM

Maybe a compression test will help or leakdown test...
(#3)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-11-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52german
Hi, im new here, i have a 07 E92 335i German spec N54 Duuh, i bought this car with some issues, the car only has 28k miles, from day #1 30FF error, completly stock car, and several misfires and 4 5 6 and at idle sounds like a 2 cylinders are gone, jerky, slow, not boost and 30FF, to fix some issues in the car, i changed the thermostat, bank 1 before *** 02 sensor, and i installed VRSF DP, VRSF inlets, VRSF intakes, Delphi coils, 2 step colder spark plugs (yes, gapped) Extreme Turbo System 7" IC, Vargas Turbo chargepipe, Turbosmart BOV, STOCK TUNE. When i changed the coils and spark plugs i thought my issue was there, but nope, i bought the BMW special tools to remove the injectors clean it and put new seals and rings, they are little dirty, i cleaned and the same idle misfire, same codes, new battery, same codes, i removed the intake manifold and there is some carbon there, i cleaned the carbon, like new, same idle and errors, i swap my index 10 injector with a friend who has a perfect stock 335i with index 09, i use my scanner to set the injectors part numbers, start the car, same thing! those days i had to change my fuel pump, the plausibility error came in, put a new 450 fuel pump, the car feels the same, my lower pressure is 70ish psi under wot, cruising, etc, never have a long start in the morning or so, so now im stucked, today i made some logs with MHD (just log, NOT tuned DME) and the car i making 7psi and the bank 1 afr at wot is 12.5 to 13 and bank 2 extremely lean, 17+, so what the hell is happening with my car? any wiring issue?? i made 660whp in my 2008 Honda Civic and i sold all my turbo kit to buy this thing, now you can imagine how i feel right? this is my second language im sorry, SOS please HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!
BTW i checked my DME, and the 6 mosfet are good!!!!
Hey,

So based on the info provided, it sounds like your bank 2 sensor is out of whack, why did you only replace bank 1?

I'd inspect that bank 2 sensor, and swap it out.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#4)
Old

Car: 06 E90 330i German Version
Default 09-14-2020, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave @ BMS/Fuel-It!
Hey,

So based on the info provided, it sounds like your bank 2 sensor is out of whack, why did you only replace bank 1?

I'd inspect that bank 2 sensor, and swap it out.
The car had CEL for bank 1 sensor, thats why, ill swap it bro, thanks a lot
(#5)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: E92 335XI
Default 09-15-2020, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N52german
The car had CEL for bank 1 sensor, thats why, ill swap it bro, thanks a lot
Keep us posted, but that should do the trick.

Replace, do an o2 reset & log

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.