N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: Mk7 Golf R
Default Mk7 Golf R - Hesitation - 07-13-2020, 01:11 PM

I had a JB4 fitted on my DSG golf R for several months without any issues, during this time my only other mod was a pedal box. Recently i've installed a Forge intake pipe/turbo elbow and pipercross panel filter. Since fitting the parts i've noticed that the car will pull back/hesitate randomly. I thought it may have been an issue with transmission, but it also hesitates when not changing gear. If I disconnect the JB4 from the ODB connection, the car runs smoothly. I recently tried to reconnect the JB4 and its actually worse than before, so much so that a check engine light came on. Scanning with OBD11 resulted with o2 Sensor Circ, Fuel Rail pressure sensor, Manifold Abs pressure and turbocharger boost sensor errors. Has anyone had any issues like this before. I did try to connect the jb4 to pull off logs which ive attached, the only readings are at the very bottom of the page. I'd like to try and get the JB4 working again with the mods ive installed but currently its disconnected from the OBD connection within the car and more use as a paperweight. I've also tried Map 0 and turning off the pedal box and still get the same issue. Id really appreciate any help with this. (also JB4 is running latest firmware)
Attached Files
File Type: csv P60_M1_R3_200710_2146.csv (211.4 KB, 35 views)
(#2)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 07-16-2020, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubski
I had a JB4 fitted on my DSG golf R for several months without any issues, during this time my only other mod was a pedal box. Recently i've installed a Forge intake pipe/turbo elbow and pipercross panel filter. Since fitting the parts i've noticed that the car will pull back/hesitate randomly. I thought it may have been an issue with transmission, but it also hesitates when not changing gear. If I disconnect the JB4 from the ODB connection, the car runs smoothly. I recently tried to reconnect the JB4 and its actually worse than before, so much so that a check engine light came on. Scanning with OBD11 resulted with o2 Sensor Circ, Fuel Rail pressure sensor, Manifold Abs pressure and turbocharger boost sensor errors. Has anyone had any issues like this before. I did try to connect the jb4 to pull off logs which ive attached, the only readings are at the very bottom of the page. I'd like to try and get the JB4 working again with the mods ive installed but currently its disconnected from the OBD connection within the car and more use as a paperweight. I've also tried Map 0 and turning off the pedal box and still get the same issue. Id really appreciate any help with this. (also JB4 is running latest firmware)
In the log it seems you started the car and idled it for a few seconds.
If possible run a log whilst driving in map 0 and try load it for a bit and email the log over to george@burgertuning.com and we can work on it.
From the faults it seems the JB4 is not getting powered up as its all the circuits it connects too. Typically though the logging wouldnt work in such a case but I see the values in the log. Send a higher load log through and we can see what can be done.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2014 VW Golf GTI
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo