N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#5901)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
Thanks Terry. Any other features in the pipe since the fueling option didn't pan out? Spark adjustment possible? When I searched some old platform threads, apparently some BMW platform has a JB4 controlled 2 step? Would that be something we could investigate?
Nothing imminent but there are a few ideas we're kicking around. Since these vehicles are automatic a 2step makes no sense, and would likely require a complimentary back end flash to work properly.

We did recently add CPI control to the Q50 JB4, but have not setup a full CPI yet for testing. This is what our Stinger CPI kit looks like: https://burgertuning.com/products/fu...f3311159&_ss=r

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5902)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-03-2021, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises1392
Got some new logs, would appreciate the feedback. I need to know if everything is fine before I move up to map 2. Thanks!
Looks fine but try to keep the gas pedal down 100% for those logs!

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#5903)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 Red Sport
Default CEL P0101 Q60 RS - 04-04-2021, 01:01 AM

Hey terry, i have a 2018 Q60 RS with Ams intakes oil catch can and hks bov. About a week ago i got a code that popped up 0101 and found out it was the MAF sensor. Im unsure what to do i clean the sensors with MAF cleaner and it was fine until i did my most recent log which i attached below..

Please help im not sure if the connections on my jb4 harness might be loose hopefully you can help

Also if you can let me know if anything looks off in the log im currently on 91 octane amd the elevation is pretty high where my at.

Thankyou
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_210404_004212.csv (17.5 KB, 21 views)
(#5904)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-04-2021, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
Nothing imminent but there are a few ideas we're kicking around. Since these vehicles are automatic a 2step makes no sense, and would likely require a complimentary back end flash to work properly.

We did recently add CPI control to the Q50 JB4, but have not setup a full CPI yet for testing. This is what our Stinger CPI kit looks like: https://burgertuning.com/products/fu...f3311159&_ss=r
A 2 step makes perfect sense. It's how you A) control launch rpm reliably, and more importantly B) build boost on the line which is the achilles heel of the platform without a tune.

CPI doesn't really make sense on top of the WMI kit. The WMI can simply have the nozzles changed for more flow and you don't just get the octane boost you get the cooling affect.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars

Last edited by ddnspider; 04-04-2021 at 05:13 PM..
(#5905)
Old

Car: Q 50
Default logs check please - 04-05-2021, 06:36 AM

Just got my jb4 on the q50 running map 4 which should be 6lbs over boost on 93. What do you think of this log. I'm still trying to understand these logs.
Attached Files
File Type: csv 6.csv (18.8 KB, 20 views)
(#5906)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-05-2021, 09:17 AM

I recently updated to firmware v9 and duplicated the default settings as shown in the photo on page 1 with map 4 selected. Not sure which settings affected my car, but throttle response was limited to the point where the car would barely pick up speed with a lot of throttle input.

Any idea what could cause this condition, specifically which setting would cause this reduced throttle response? I have the 400hp version engine.
(#5907)
Old

Car: Q 50
Default 04-05-2021, 10:18 AM

I'm new to this but I seen someone with this before and they had set the map to 0 then 1 then which ever map they wanted.
(#5908)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50
Default 04-05-2021, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemike
I'm new to this but I seen someone with this before and they had set the map to 0 then 1 then which ever map they wanted.
Thanks Iíll try this.
(#5909)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default Logs Review - 04-05-2021, 11:24 PM

Hi Terry, could you take a look at my logs? wondering if running Map 1 & 2 is good and if I can safely run Map 3 on the RS? I'm at a high elevation 3,500 ft and have decent 94 octane (no ethanol) gas. Thanks for your time!

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 2
Megan LDP
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
aFe Power Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filters
Z1 2 Piece Akebono Front & Rear Rotor Kit
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#5910)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddnspider
A 2 step makes perfect sense. It's how you A) control launch rpm reliably, and more importantly B) build boost on the line which is the achilles heel of the platform without a tune.

CPI doesn't really make sense on top of the WMI kit. The WMI can simply have the nozzles changed for more flow and you don't just get the octane boost you get the cooling affect.
2steps are used in applications where you can't load the engine. e.g. manual or DCT. In an automatic you brake boost and make much more boost off the line than you ever would using a 2step.

CPI would be used instead of WMI for customers who had E85 access.

Burger Motorsports

(#5911)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50UK
I recently updated to firmware v9 and duplicated the default settings as shown in the photo on page 1 with map 4 selected. Not sure which settings affected my car, but throttle response was limited to the point where the car would barely pick up speed with a lot of throttle input.

Any idea what could cause this condition, specifically which setting would cause this reduced throttle response? I have the 400hp version engine.
No setting should cause that, maybe have a fault code stored? Log of issue?

Burger Motorsports

(#5912)
Old
Tuner

Default 04-06-2021, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky777
Hi Terry, could you take a look at my logs? wondering if running Map 1 & 2 is good and if I can safely run Map 3 on the RS? I'm at a high elevation 3,500 ft and have decent 94 octane (no ethanol) gas. Thanks for your time!
Map2 is probably the best fit here going off the timing profile. Map3 likely too strong for it.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports

(#5913)
Old

Car: Infiniti Q50 RS AWD
Default 04-06-2021, 02:07 PM

Thanks a bunch Terry!

2018 Q50 RS AWD - Electric Indigo
JB4 Map 2
Megan LDP
BMS Elite Heat Exchanger
aFe Power Magnum FLOW Pro DRY S Air Filters
Z1 2 Piece Akebono Front & Rear Rotor Kit
Konig Ultraform 19x9, 35 offset
(#5914)
Old

Car: 2018 Q60 Red Sport
Default 04-06-2021, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQ60RS
Hey terry, i have a 2018 Q60 RS with Ams intakes oil catch can and hks bov. About a week ago i got a code that popped up 0101 and found out it was the MAF sensor. Im unsure what to do i clean the sensors with MAF cleaner and it was fine until i did my most recent log which i attached below..

Please help im not sure if the connections on my jb4 harness might be loose hopefully you can help

Also if you can let me know if anything looks off in the log im currently on 91 octane amd the elevation is pretty high where my at.

Thankyou

Hey Terry @BMS Was wondering if you had a chance to tale a look at my log.
(#5915)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 04-06-2021, 05:44 PM

Is there a way to clear all the old logs stored on the jb4 app? Just got a new engine and don't need any of the old info anymore.
(#5916)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50S
Default 04-06-2021, 11:25 PM

Yes, on iPhone at least. Just go to logs, and then swipe left on a log and it will show a little red box that says delete.
(#5917)
Old

Car: 2016 Q50 3.0t
Default 04-06-2021, 11:39 PM

Oh hell, I gotta swipe on each one individually. Oh well, it is what it is. Time to swipe
(#5918)
Old

Car: Red Sport 2020
Default 04-07-2021, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q50UK

Do you step on it and nothing? On your JB4 set the gauges to show pedal and throttle. When this happens does your pedal go to 100 and throttle jumps to 100 then down to 26? Or throttle just never goes to 100 but stays mid20's? If so, several people are experiencing this. Still no explanation. I gotta get some logs uploaded here to show it happening. I almost exclusively drive in manual now and I do see that in 1st and 2nd my throttle rarely goes to 100.

2020 RS RWD
JB4
EWG and Fuel wires installed

Previous Q's
2018 RS RWD
2015 Q50 Premium
(#5919)
Old

Car: 2017 Infiniti Q50 RS400
Default Log from yesterday - 04-09-2021, 05:17 AM

Hi Terry, hoping you can take a look at my log.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_210408_1100.csv (10.3 KB, 11 views)
(#5920)
Old

Car: q50
Default 04-09-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry @ BMS
2steps are used in applications where you can't load the engine. e.g. manual or DCT. In an automatic you brake boost and make much more boost off the line than you ever would using a 2step.

CPI would be used instead of WMI for customers who had E85 access.
Not sure your drag racing experience but 2 steps are used in the drag racing world with autos all the time. You're kidding yourself if you think holding the gas and the brake will make more boost on a tight factory torque converter compared to sending unburnt fuel out the cylinder to the turbo. I get it. You don't think it's worth it....so I'm making one. Already have interest from others and have the SPICE model working. It would be easy to integrate with a JB4 firmware update.

Q50 Premium RWD
BMS JB4 w/ FW, WMI, EWG
C@less D 0wn P 1pipes, Y pipe, Mid pipe
BMS HE
Low cost LSD
Z1 billet subframe bushing collars

Last edited by ddnspider; 04-09-2021 at 06:15 PM..
(#5921)
Old

Car: 2018 Q50 3.0t
Default 04-11-2021, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingo6610
Hi Terry, hoping you can take a look at my log.
Not Terry, but I think your log looks fine. Timing (Ign1) drops a little low at mid-range. You may want to back off a bit, maybe top out at the 4.2 on your map6. Also think you don't need to taper quite so much on the high end. So maybe look to add .5 to your values after 6k RPM. The stock JB4 maps taper but to less extent. You also would gain a little at high end with fuel wires. If you have them hook them up.
(#5922)
Old

Default 04-11-2021, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
Not Terry, but I think your log looks fine. Timing (Ign1) drops a little low at mid-range. You may want to back off a bit, maybe top out at the 4.2 on your map6. Also think you don't need to taper quite so much on the high end. So maybe look to add .5 to your values after 6k RPM. The stock JB4 maps taper but to less extent. You also would gain a little at high end with fuel wires. If you have them hook them up.
Thanks for the feedback JCB. Any thoughts on why my ECU psi tops out at 12.7? I never seem to see 14.7 or close.
(#5923)
Old

Default 04-12-2021, 06:44 AM

I'm a non RS so focus mainly on the total boost numbers. I looked at a few logs on this site from the near past and RS models seem to be peaking out at 13.1PSI in the high 4000 rpm range. Yours is just shy of that. I did notice that your pedal input is not at 100. That is unusual when throttle is showing 100 for an extended pull like you posted. Maybe the pedal input is holding back the boost slightly on yours? Do you have any other logs to see if that is a consistent issue or a one time aberration?
(#5924)
Old

Default 04-12-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB
I'm a non RS so focus mainly on the total boost numbers. I looked at a few logs on this site from the near past and RS models seem to be peaking out at 13.1PSI in the high 4000 rpm range. Yours is just shy of that. I did notice that your pedal input is not at 100. That is unusual when throttle is showing 100 for an extended pull like you posted. Maybe the pedal input is holding back the boost slightly on yours? Do you have any other logs to see if that is a consistent issue or a one time aberration?
Here's an earlier log where you can see I'm getting 99% pedal in the power range.
Attached Files
File Type: csv P50_M6_R1_200610_1637.csv (8.8 KB, 6 views)
(#5925)
Old

Default 04-12-2021, 09:31 AM

Yeah this log you peak out at 13.1PSI right as you cross 5k RPM. Not sure where the 14.7 you are looking for is coming from - is that advertised peak for an RS?.

Anyway, go back and look at logs from other RS models in the thread. I think you will find yours is performing normally. Now that you have JB4 you can focus on your total boost and dial that in.