N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: honda
Default BMW reliability (N55).. - 04-05-2021, 10:51 PM

I've driven a host of cars and I keep coming back to the M235i convertible. I've been on the door step of pulling the trigger twice. The only thing that has stopped me is the perception of poor BMW reliability. I have to get to work every day and can't be at the dealership multiple times a month.

The extended warranties are outrageous (close to 10% of car price). If you add the extended maintenence coverage in addition you are close to 18% of car price. I realize there will be more expensive and frequent maintenence and things break on all cars. I don't want this car to consume my budget or life, however.https://omegle.onl/ vshare

If there are any BMW mechanics or owners with significant experience can you please let me know if the N55 is vastly improved for reliability and or am I about to step on a land mine by choosing BMW?

Last edited by EmeyWhatson; 04-06-2021 at 03:13 AM..
(#2)
Old

Car: 2011 N55 335i
Default 04-09-2021, 06:18 PM

I wouldn't say I have the most experience in the world but I've had my 2011 n55 with an upgraded turbo and everything that goes along with that for a little over 2 years. Haven't had any major issues at all. I have 130k miles and have just done the usual oil changes, plugs, coils, and such. I'm in college as well and drive from home to school which is over an hour and haven't had any problems. Being in college I'm pretty broke so the n55 has treated me very well. Just my experience but hope it gives a little insight!

2011 e92 335i n55 - Pure Stage 2 Turbo - Pure turbo inlet - VRSF street intercooler - VRSF you know what pipe - BMS intake - BMS charge pipe - BMP port injection - Turbosmart vr9 diverter valve - NGK 97506 plugs - jb4 - jb4 port injection controller - Jb4 bluetooth adapter - MHD e85 Port injection BEF - e50 fuel.