N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#1)
Old

Car: 135i
Default jb4 overheating - 09-12-2021, 05:11 PM

anyone had issues with the jb4 locking up, not responding on track?

90 degree hpde last two days, 3rd and 4th sessions the jb4 would stop responding or reset while on track. One session it sprayed my entire 2.5g methanol tank....

car is fbo/inlets/outlets/meth running bef race map and jb4 in map 3

When it locks it'll stop hijacking gauges, wont respond to steering wheel controls. It'll flash the blinkers and start responding again while on track. I usually just keep going and deal with the boost dropping and sometimes coming back on while on track.

I've replaced the wiring harness and jb4 already, no change it did this a few times this year today was the worst...

considering switching to mhd stage2+ and using the jb4 to spray meth.

I suspect the meth controller could be to blame, its one of the original ones and the only thing I've not replaced

the car is flawless on the street, sometimes sitting in grid on a hot day the jb4 will reset and enable itself
(#2)
Old
Tuner

Default 09-13-2021, 10:40 AM

That's something I'd direct to Terry@burgertuning.com

Click on our banner to visit our website!
Video of our Stage 2 LPFP upgrade installation.

BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways.
(#3)
Old

Car: BMW Z4
Default 09-14-2021, 03:23 PM

I had the same thing occur to me while on the track. The entire dash display stopped working.
(#4)
Old

Default 09-18-2021, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibs
I had the same thing occur to me while on the track. The entire dash display stopped working.
what was the fix?

I think my problem this past weekend was actually the meth pump overheating. Dash did not lock up but it would not show meth spraying in the later sessions when it was good and hot. Mid afternoon it would spray/meth adder boost for a few laps then stop

I'm using the bms kit, I will try adding a fan at the meth pump to see if it helps, not sure how the heat protection on these pumps works
(#5)
Old

Car: BMW Z4
Default 09-22-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega
what was the fix?

I think my problem this past weekend was actually the meth pump overheating. Dash did not lock up but it would not show meth spraying in the later sessions when it was good and hot. Mid afternoon it would spray/meth adder boost for a few laps then stop

I'm using the bms kit, I will try adding a fan at the meth pump to see if it helps, not sure how the heat protection on these pumps works
Went off track and restarted the car