N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#401)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-06-2019, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmieh2
Question using the jb4app. Average ign is not showing. Which is the best way to monitor ign advance over what the ecu is calling for?
Actual Ignition timing is Ign1. Ignition adaption over the cylinders is Ign2-6.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#402)
Old

Car: b9 sq5
Default 02-08-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Actual Ignition timing is Ign1. Ignition adaption over the cylinders is Ign2-6.
Thank you !!

Installing the BCM today on the SQ5. Quick question do i have to change any settings ? I see there are some default settings on the first page. Not sure if i have to imput those or if the jb4 will automatically adjust.

Thank you

Using map 4/5 on e30
(#403)
Old
Legend

Default 02-08-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Thank you !!

Installing the BCM today on the SQ5. Quick question do i have to change any settings ? I see there are some default settings on the first page. Not sure if i have to imput those or if the jb4 will automatically adjust.

Thank you

Using map 4/5 on e30
You need to populate the charts with those settings and make sure you have the last firmware posted for it to work. If you keen shoot over logs to George@burgertuning.com .

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#404)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 07:18 AM

Quote:
You need to populate the charts with those settings and make sure you have the last firmware posted for it to work. If you keen shoot over logs to George@burgertuning.com .
I thought so but when i go into the settings its defaulted to map 6 boost settings? Should i just zero it out ? Or leave it alone and just inpup the duty cycle #’s
(#405)
Old
Legend

Default 02-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Question using the jb4app. Average ign is not showing. Which is the best way to monitor ign advance over what the ecu is calling for?
Its not active on the Audi.

Ign1 is the timing advance parameter.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#406)
Old
Legend

Default 02-08-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
I thought so but when i go into the settings its defaulted to map 6 boost settings? Should i just zero it out ? Or leave it alone and just inpup the duty cycle #ís
Just input the duty and rest and you can still is map 6 boost chart you had.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#407)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Just input the duty and rest and you can still is map 6 boost chart you had.
Ok thanks! I dont even know how those #ís for map 6 got there lol only use 4/5
(#408)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Ok! Pardon the beginner (to piggyback style) questions. What paramater will directly show the bcm control (wgdc)? I have it all installed with the duty cycle #s from the first page and newest firmware. I am definatly seeing a more responsive boost curve 20/21 smooth map 5 e30 mix
(#409)
Old
Legend

Default 02-08-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Ok! Pardon the beginner (to piggyback style) questions. What paramater will directly show the bcm control (wgdc)? I have it all installed with the duty cycle #s from the first page and newest firmware. I am definatly seeing a more responsive boost curve 20/21 smooth map 5 e30 mix
Nice.
Correct, Waist gate duty cycle.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#410)
Old

Default 02-08-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Nice.
Correct, Waist gate duty cycle.
Sent you a log
(#411)
Old

Car: S4 B9
Default 02-09-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
A few factors outside the tuning could affect the times if its small variances. Are you testing on the same road? Similar intake temps etc.
Increase the fuel open loop value to 90 and run another log. Rather email it through to me. We can send other firmware through as we always got something in the works.
I tried it now on the same road.. A little sloop, -0,17%, same road surface.

Satisfacted.

Audi S4 B9 Avant 0-200 km/h - YouTube

Schould I sent you the logs? There are many logs, make JB4 Logs automatically if anything go wrong or corrupt?

8W5 CWGD ||@BMS
5F CJSA || Full Stock
A/H Z18XER || @EDS

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"What we dealing with here is a total lack of respect to the law" (c) TP 1994
(#412)
Old
Legend

Default 02-09-2019, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel234
I tried it now on the same road.. A little sloop, -0,17%, same road surface.

Satisfacted.

Audi S4 B9 Avant 0-200 km/h - YouTube

Schould I sent you the logs? There are many logs, make JB4 Logs automatically if anything go wrong or corrupt?
Hi, shoot over logs. Car seems very healthy and the highest exit speed I have seen so far if the surface is flat.
If you using 100Ron/E30 fuel might be worthwhile looking at the BCM module.
Send the logs you have but try figure out the full throttle ones. Under App settings you can changing the logging to manual by going WOT Logging Timeout> Set to Auto-logging Disabled.

Times seem to be a bit faster than B9 RS4/5?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#413)
Old

Default 02-09-2019, 07:17 AM

Yes, is a little bit faster then a stock RS4 :D

In the Facebook group time attack 100-200 km/h (german) we compared the times, and my S4 Avant with this setup is really a bit faster :D

I used E30 Mix with RON102 fuel.
Attached Images

8W5 CWGD ||@BMS
5F CJSA || Full Stock
A/H Z18XER || @EDS

Last edited by steel234; 02-09-2019 at 09:32 AM..
(#414)
Old
Legend

Default 02-09-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel234
Yes, is a little bit fast as a stock RS4 :D

In the Facebook group time attack 100-200 km/h (german) we compared the times, and my S4 Avant with this setup is really a bit faster :D

I used E30 Mix with RON102 fuel.
Yes, I keep a eye on your there Wouldn't be surprised if you around 450hp already with no hardware.

Hoping to get some JB4 RS4/5 results put up there soon.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#415)
Old

Default 02-09-2019, 07:24 AM

I think yes, 440-450 hp without any hardware and remap. Great job.

I sent you a log

8W5 CWGD ||@BMS
5F CJSA || Full Stock
A/H Z18XER || @EDS

(#416)
Old

Car: 2014 335i x-drive m-sport
Default 02-09-2019, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman918
Any data yet on benefits of the bcm when just on 93 octane? Jb4 will be only mod. Thanks!

Any data yet?
(#417)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman918
Any data yet?
You'd want to look at your logs to see if you're "under targeting" on boost or not. If not, then probably limited benefit. If you are, then the BCM will get you on target and make a big difference.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#418)
Old

Car: Audi S4 B9
Default BCM - 02-15-2019, 05:26 AM

so I got my BCM today and am having trouble getting the plugs to fit. They seem to slide in correctly to a point, but cant go in far enough to click into place. Both the plug into the original socket, and the socket for the original plug dont seem to be able to lock into place, and dont even go deep enough to hold (i.e. it falls out quite easily by itself...)

are there any tricks to this? I know some ppl had issues with the fuel pump connector because of the triangular edges. is this a similar sort of thing? I watched the video which seemed simple enough, and cant help feeling I am missing something.

also sort of related but not really... will having a full tank of E85 have any unwanted side effects (i.e. corrosion, inadequate fuel pump throughput, etc?). Ive been reading conflicting information and havent been game to put any higher than an estimated E30 (1/3 tank E85, 2/3 tank 98 RON PULP).

thanks!
(#419)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 02-15-2019, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanemari
so I got my BCM today and am having trouble getting the plugs to fit. They seem to slide in correctly to a point, but cant go in far enough to click into place. Both the plug into the original socket, and the socket for the original plug dont seem to be able to lock into place, and dont even go deep enough to hold (i.e. it falls out quite easily by itself...)

are there any tricks to this? I know some ppl had issues with the fuel pump connector because of the triangular edges. is this a similar sort of thing? I watched the video which seemed simple enough, and cant help feeling I am missing something.

also sort of related but not really... will having a full tank of E85 have any unwanted side effects (i.e. corrosion, inadequate fuel pump throughput, etc?). Ive been reading conflicting information and havent been game to put any higher than an estimated E30 (1/3 tank E85, 2/3 tank 98 RON PULP).

thanks!
Mine does the same thing canít lock it in place so I use a cable tie to secure it on a RS3.

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#420)
Old
Legend

Default 02-15-2019, 05:52 AM

Quote:

thanks!
Hi,

E85 straight will overwhelm the fueling system. Follow what we are doing for now as we test higher amounts and will will post if a higher percentage can be used.
Email me at george@burgertuning.com pictures of the inside of the two plugs so I can see why they wont click. Typically the pink locking tab jumps out of place and prevents it to connect.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#421)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 02-15-2019, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I mentioned this in the RS3/TTRS thread... I ended up pulling out the pink piece out of the male connector. I poked at it for a while and got fed up. lol

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#422)
Old

Car: Audi S4 B9
Default 02-15-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Mine does the same thing canít lock it in place so I use a cable tie to secure it on a RS3.
cool, glad its not just me then will grab some cable ties tomorrow!
(#423)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I mentioned this in the RS3/TTRS thread... I ended up pulling out the pink piece out of the male connector. I poked at it for a while and got fed up. lol
I've plugged in a few locally without issue, so let's see some photos if they are not snapping in to see why. I do not suggest removing the pink retaining clip.

Normally the issue is someone here forgot to push the retaining clip down in place. You do that with a small screwdriver and push it towards the wall of the connector. When its done the connectors will lock in together.

Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#424)
Old

Car: 2018 Audi S4
Default 02-15-2019, 04:51 PM

just to add more, I couldn't get that same connector to clip either, I tried like 10 times and gave up, lol. It's just sitting there, but felt secure enough that it wasn't going to come apart so I left it. Will try pushing the retaining clip again and see if that works
(#425)
Old
Tuner

Default 02-15-2019, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicotino15
just to add more, I couldn't get that same connector to clip either, I tried like 10 times and gave up, lol. It's just sitting there, but felt secure enough that it wasn't going to come apart so I left it. Will try pushing the retaining clip again and see if that works
The BCM female connector?

Burger Motorsports