N54Tech.com - International Turbo Racing Discussion
(#101)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 10:12 AM

Yes that's the plan, I wanted to see how everyone is handling it now and then see if we can come up with a better method.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#102)
Old
Tuner

Default 01-27-2019, 10:24 PM

Grabbed a couple runs tonight on straight 91 octane. First map0 (stock), and then map2. Overall map2 is a pretty good fit for the fuel I think. Amazing what a difference ~3psi makes!
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the JB4 the worlds most popular turbocharged tuning system!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.
(#103)
Old

Car: Audi RS3
Default 02-02-2019, 06:25 AM

My BCM is out for delivery, and I’ll be installing tonight. I’ve got the latest firmware from the first post and watched the video. Results coming soon!

My car was one that didn’t work too well without the BCM, and would cut throttle pretty badly and simply give no boost. Worked with George and I’m excited to add the BCM! Are the maps for the RS3 the same PSI increase as in the first post still?

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.
Tow-Vehicle: 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Overland, 4x4 + Hemi

Past:
2000 3.8L Mustang - All bolt ons, 8.8 rear conversion
2007 Honda Accord - I had a moment of “sensible-ness”
2011 BMW 335D - Custom intake, JBD
2014 Audi S4 - Intake, Chipwerke, Couple of VCDS mods
(#104)
Old
Legend

Car: E90 BMW 335i AT
Default 02-02-2019, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk
My BCM is out for delivery, and I’ll be installing tonight. I’ve got the latest firmware from the first post and watched the video. Results coming soon!

My car was one that didn’t work too well without the BCM, and would cut throttle pretty badly and simply give no boost. Worked with George and I’m excited to add the BCM! Are the maps for the RS3 the same PSI increase as in the first post still?
Same increase. Run some logs in map 1 and map 2 and shoot them over via email george@burgertuning.com . Don't forget to populate the charts with new settings.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#105)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George @ BMS
Same increase. Run some logs in map 1 and map 2 and shoot them over via email george@burgertuning.com . Don't forget to populate the charts with new settings.
Will do!

Daily Driver: 2018 RS3, Black Optics, Dynamic+, Driver Assist, STM resonator delete, STM intercooler, CTS Turbo Intake, EMD Springs/Swaybars, Girodisc Rotors, Carbotech pads, 034 goodies everywhere.

Past:
(#106)
Old

Car: RS3
Default 02-02-2019, 09:21 AM

My BCM is also coming today. I hope it helps!
I was also getting random throttle close while WOT. There were part throttle situations where it the car should be building boost but it wasn't.

...so I just got my BCM and I thought it would plug the male and female connectors together. I couldn't get them to snap together. I looked inside the male connector and found this:Name:  BCM_male.1jpg.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  71.1 KB
Is this right?

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX

Last edited by tegxsi; 02-02-2019 at 01:13 PM.. Reason: add pic
(#107)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 01:16 PM

Signature required and I use a PO Box. Now I get to wait for two more days :-(

Past:
(#108)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 01:21 PM

I have it worse...I have concrete work done on my driveway and the RS3 is trapped for a while. lol

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#109)
Old
Legend

Default 02-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegxsi
I was also getting random throttle close while WOT. There were part throttle situations where it the car should be building boost but it wasn't.

...so I just got my BCM and I thought it would plug the male and female connectors together. I couldn't get them to snap together. I looked inside the male connector and found this:Attachment 83209
Is this right?
It seems the locking tab is not in place. Get something flat and push the pink locking tab high part towards the wall of the plug.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#110)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 01:31 PM

Quote:
I have it worse...I have concrete work done on my driveway and the RS3 is trapped for a while. lol
You win/lose...

Past:
(#111)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 01:58 PM

Quote:
It seems the locking tab is not in place. Get something flat and push the pink locking tab high part towards the wall of the plug.
It seems like the pink piece has bottomed out and can't down any further. The wires are secure so I don't think that piece is responsible for holding the pins in place. I just looked at the BCS and factory plug. The pink thing looks like it doesn't belong there.

lol...I just thought I would join the connectors together just to see how difficult it is to release the locking tab.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#112)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 02:32 PM

Is the harness/ hardware now complete with the addition of the the BCM. I’m keen to try the jb4 but As I’m on the other side of the globe it may be inconvenient if it needs hardware changes, although I am competent with a soldering iron.
(#113)
Old
Legend

Default 02-02-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSthree
Is the harness/ hardware now complete with the addition of the the BCM. I’m keen to try the jb4 but As I’m on the other side of the globe it may be inconvenient if it needs hardware changes, although I am competent with a soldering iron.
No harness changes expected. I reckon we can say its final.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#114)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-02-2019, 09:58 PM

Quote:

...so I just got my BCM and I thought it would plug the male and female connectors together. I couldn't get them to snap together. I looked inside the male connector and found this:Attachment 83209
Is this right?
My bad, I could have missed this when making them.

Just use a small flathead and pull the locking tab down on the center.
You'll see the two ends on the connector snapped in when it's done.
Attached Images

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#115)
Old

Default 02-02-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam @ BMS
My bad, I could have missed this when making them.

Just use a small flathead and pull the locking tab down on the center.
You'll see the two ends on the connector snapped in when it's done.
It was fully seated from what I can see. I did plenty of poking but those two plastic pins sticking up were getting in the way.
I yanked out that pink thing and all is good now.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#116)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
It was fully seated from what I can see. I did plenty of poking but those two plastic pins sticking up were getting in the way.
I yanked out that pink thing and all is good now.
So - How'd it do? You can't just leave us hanging like this

Past:
(#117)
Old
Super Moderator

Car: e90 335i
Default 02-03-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskunk
So - How'd it do? You can't just leave us hanging like this
I think he just pulled the pink insert so it can now fully clip in and lock. I don't think it's loose, but we'll swap it out if it's faulty.

Burger Motorsports
Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

(#118)
Old

Default 02-03-2019, 02:52 PM

Pink piece is out. I still haven't installed the BCM. I'll try to get it installed later today... I'm in no rush since I can't drive the car.
I want to sleeve the wires to hide the wire colors. My setup is stealthy...

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX
(#119)
Old
Legend

Default 02-05-2019, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Pink piece is out. I still haven't installed the BCM. I'll try to get it installed later today... I'm in no rush since I can't drive the car.
I want to sleeve the wires to hide the wire colors. My setup is stealthy...

Out as in clipped in the correct place or out as in you have it loose?

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#120)
Old
Legend

Default 02-05-2019, 05:22 AM

We have added the RS3/TT RS JB4 units on our site here: http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_volks...Jb4_tuner.html

For cars with no flash tune the BCM is required. Without it the JB4 will be limited to around 2-3psi maximum add.
For cars with a flash tune that want to use the JB4 for logging, adding a bit of boost or as a meth safety device we have a option of the unit with no BCM.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#121)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 02-05-2019, 06:17 AM

Quote:
We have added the RS3/TT RS JB4 units on our site here: http://www.burgertuning.com/vw_volks...Jb4_tuner.html

For cars with no flash tune the BCM is required. Without it the JB4 will be limited to around 2-3psi maximum add.
For cars with a flash tune that want to use the JB4 for logging, adding a bit of boost or as a meth safety device we have a option of the unit with no BCM.
George, any chance to know what’s the stock Tmap sensor max boost range at? 3bar at 31psi max?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#122)
Old
Legend

Default 02-05-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
George, any chance to know what’s the stock Tmap sensor max boost range at? 3bar at 31psi max?
When Iroz communicated with me they mentioned 34psi. Either Terry or I will need to go big turbo to find out

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#123)
Old

Car: F06 N55 640i Gran Coupe
Default 02-05-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
When Iroz communicated with me they mentioned 34psi. Either Terry or I will need to go big turbo to find out
Wow, so with BCM 34psi is possible I supposed?

2014/2009 M4/335 COUPE
FULL CF Add On All around, Gloss/Matt Custom Wrap
JB4 Stack On BM3/MHD ECU tune, Upgraded S2 Turbo
Custom Cold Air, Dual nozzle charge pipe
SSP 900 Clutch kit, Custom Spoiler
AndyTuning Custom Map 6
SS DP n FULL Custom Exhaust
Custom BC forge 18/17 set up
Brembo Gt 380mm F&R/ 355mm F&R
(#124)
Old
Legend

Default 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andym3100k
Wow, so with BCM 34psi is possible I supposed?
Typically we will try cross that bridge when we get there without making predictions.

2014 VW Golf 7 R
2021 VW Golf 8 R
(#125)
Old

Default 02-05-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Out as in clipped in the correct place or out as in you have it loose?
I removed the pink piece inside since it's so tall and not allowing the connectors to mate. Maybe my connector wasn't assembled correctly or the incorrect insert went into mines?
Do you have a pic of how it should look?

BCM is already installed and everything snapped together without any issues.

2018 Audi RS3
2013 Mazdaspeed3
2007 Acura TSX